***Official MEGA HOT Dez thread merge***

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
CJ wasnt open all the time either and caught the ball. dez knows he can catch the ball. doesnt have to be wide open.

And when he didn't come down with it like he didn't in the end zone earlier this year, then you will blame Romo for throwing a pick. Again this stuff should be addressed during the week. Not calling out everyone on the sideline. It's one thing to show passion but this was just being a baby.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Please keep the posts about Dez on the sidelines in this thread for now. No need to keep making a bunch of new threads on the same topic. Any new threads on the topic will be merged OR deleted. The

T-RO

Reaction score
The assumption that the other players don't care just because they aren't pouting and stamping their feet is just flat out foolish.

Those who defend the child are acting childish. I understand why you are angry. You have every right to be angry. But meltdowns are for 4-year olds. If you want to tear it up and burn it down go outside and chop wood. Grow a pair.

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
Ware seemed to have calmed him down, but can you blame him? I don't blame him or Witten. Some emotion on either side is always welcome.

dstovall5

Reaction score
Dez can sit himself on the bench if he want's to act like a little immature diva, I don't care how talented he is. We've been weaving out the cancer (me first) players recently, and Dez will be next if he continues having that attitude he showed today. This a good group of guys who have tight chemistry, we don't Terrel Owens 2.0 to disrupt that.

And if Dez also want's to be an elite wideout he better start watching how the best conduct themselves, you'd never see CJ or Larry act that way, SMH.

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
That is where the clash with Romo occurs. Romo is a classic beta....as is Ware. These guys have been forced into leadership positions due to their talent but they are not naturally vocal leaders. Dez is a classic alpha just like Irvin. I loved seeing him show that emotion. Everybody else on offense looked like they were perfectly content with that pathetic anemic offense in the 1st half. But Dez wasn't. Dez knew the game was on a platter for them but the offense was giving the game away and that was not acceptable to Dez. Thank you sir for stepping up and showing some damn emotion, something that has rarely been seen from "core leaders".

Dez will receive a lot of criticism from outsiders this week but those of you who've followed the team closely the last decade should know better. We've had the passive leadership style of the core (including Garrett) fail us for years and years...8-8....8-8...8-8...etc. It's time for something new. It's time someone finally ruffled some feathers.

Agreed! Irvin would be pissed! However Dez was on the wrong with his spat with Witten.

newlander

Reaction score
If his behavior today is so noble, macho and 'competitive' then why doesn't Calvin Johnson do it?

Why doesn't Larry Fitzgerald EVER do it? Fitz has NO one to throw him the ball and he NEVER acts this horrible.

Reggie Wayne? Nope

All the premier WR's in the league don't act this way: they are pros.. Not churlish, obnoxious kids like DB seems to be. Can't win with this selfish BS and that's a fact.

....one more thing: DON'T bring up Michael Irvin either. He was smart about it, picked his spots and STOPPED after a short outburst. DB went on and on and ON today....ROmo, the young assistant, WItten, Ware all took his ignorant abuse. That's not a good teammate but a selfish ignoramus....GROW UP DEZ

birdwells1

Reaction score
I love Witten but he has been a "leader" on this team for going on 10 years and we havent went anywhere. I am taking Dez's side today

Yeah I was torn, I didn't like the fact that he was going off on the qb but that tells me how much respect Romo has in that lockerroom. That wouldn't happen with Brady, Brees, or Manning.

When he got into it with Witten I just thought to myself, look at the the 2 guys that have accepted losses like this and mediocrity year after year, trying to tell Dez to "just get used to it" like we did. They're trying to tell Dez that he cares too much about winning, just sit back and enjoy your money kid, be a Cowboy is great business.

kevm3

Reaction score
Maybe because their qb THROWS THEM THE BALL? Or their OC/HC knows how to design an offensive system around them? T. williams, 10 targets. Dez 6 targets. I think CJ would get angry too if a rookie got nearly double the targets he did.

venky

Reaction score
And that is what Dez is most likely thinking. Forget who won

You mean like how Dez threw a tantrum after not getting touchdowns last week in a game we won? Oh wait, that didn't happen.

How about only getting 22 yards against the Giants in week 1, another game we won. Remember the tantrum Dez threw then? Oh wait, that didn't happen either.

Yeah, Dez only cares about stats, not winnig.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I don't blame Dez at all. They had 1 and 1 coverage on him on 1st down. Yet they run the ball even with the safeties were up on the LOS.

Running the ball in this game was dumb, and thats on coaching. You pass the ball to your best player when there is 1 on 1 coverage. Dez didn't get many opportunities because of the atrocious play calling. Thus if Dez is pissed about this lost, he has the rights to be.

Playcalling was bad. We are a passing team and we need to pass the ball to win.

pupulehaole

Reaction score
If his behavior today is so noble, macho and 'competitive' then why doesn't Calvin Johnson do it?

Why doesn't Larry Fitzgerald EVER do it? Fitz has NO one to throw him the ball and he NEVER acts this horrible.

Reggie Wayne? Nope

All the premier WR's in the league don't act this way: they are pros.. Not churlish, obnoxious kids like DB seems to be. Can't win with this selfish BS and that's a fact.

....one more thing: DON'T bring up Michael Irvin either. He was smart about it, picked his spots and STOPPED after a short outburst. DB went on and on and ON today....ROmo, the young assistant, WItten, Ware all took his ignorant abuse. That's not a good teammate but a selfish ignoramus....GROW UP DEZ

wait so you watch all their games religiously and know they dont do that? interesting.