***Official MEGA HOT Dez thread merge***

CowboysLegend365

Reaction score
3 catches, 2 TDs. Give the man the ball. And don't give me that company line "he wasn't open" Megatron wasn't open on half his receptions but you put it out there when you have an elite reciever.

He could have displayed his frustrations elsewhere, but as a former football player i know how it is when you only wanna win. I'm glad somebody showed some heart and passion to a team full of company guys. Ware and Witten have a nerve trying to pat him and be ok with this losing mentality. It's almost like they were saying "it's ok son this is what we do here, get used to it".

If (and he will) Dez is gonna get pooped on for wanting to win here they might as well let him walk or trade him to a contender. It's not like he was begging for the ball (i.e. TO) the guy just wants to win and I'm sick and tired of being .500 just like he is. I doubt Ware and Witten do being they are used to this crap and have been doing it since they got here.

mitchell2254

Reaction score
Yeah I was torn, I didn't like the fact that he was going off on the qb but that tells me how much respect Romo has in that lockerroom. That wouldn't happen with Brady, Brees, or Manning.

When he got into it with Witten I just thought to myself, look at the the 2 guys that have accepted losses like this and mediocrity year after year, trying to tell Dez to "just get used to it" like we did. They're trying to tell Dez that he cares too much about winning, just sit back and enjoy your money kid, be a Cowboy is great business.

Exactly how I feel. So tired of this lifeless core leading us to mediocrity every single year. It seems most here have fallen in to that trance too.

Lodeus

Reaction score
Two Td's on three catches would make you think you should throw to that guy more often. Dez had every right to be mad at the way that game was called, but he should have just saved it for the locker room. I have no problem with what he did though.

JoeyHarris

Reaction score
So are people saying that they'd rather force Bryant the ball rather than utilize the one-on-one match ups that Dez creates? The offense scored 31 points and could and should have scored more. But Williams' coming out party has everything to do with Bryant drawing the double teams. It's getting a little ridiculous that one week folks are mad for Tony forcing it, the next they're mad for him not forcing it. The D had one assignment, and that was to allow no more than 79 yards in one minute with no timeouts. And they failed. That's the story.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Only the 2nd best game ever by a WR and you would take Dez game over it. LOL, tells me all I need to know. Who won the game? Megatron did!! Who had some huge catches when it was needed the most? Megatron did!! He set-up that 1 yard run with his catch down to the 1 yard line.
Who has aQB that throws to his playmaker, Calvin. Had defense made a stop yes I would take Dez game over Calvin. To think Dez can't produce with the targets that Calvin gets is actually funny. So a fumble and less TDs is a great game for you?

Is that you Garrett? You silly dog you.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
So are people saying that they'd rather force Bryant the ball rather than utilize the one-on-one match ups that Dez creates? The offense scored 31 points and could and should have scored more. But Williams' coming out party has everything to do with Bryant drawing the double teams. It's getting a little ridiculous that one week folks are mad for Tony forcing it, the next they're mad for him not forcing it. The D had one assignment, and that was to allow no more than 79 yards in one minute with no timeouts. And they failed. That's the story.

Really? What about the 4 turnovers we couldn't capitalize on? And how we couldn't move the ball in the first half?

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
he's a child...acted worse actually.....clearly needs to grow up, get meds or both. Total clown show by him today. Don't believe me? Check out EVERY SINGLE SPORTS BOARD ON THE INTERNET RIGHT NOW....he's blowing UP....humiliated himself and the team. Shame on him. Screaming at coaches, Romo, Witten and finally Ware. BRUTAL

You're a clown... Glad you like the losers on this team you act like them. Lol look at the guy talking about who needs meds

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
Jerry will always come out and defend his players. That is what he is all about. Best "Owner" in sports. It is the GM hat that pisses everyone off

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
So in the past when the cameras catch Romo for 2 seconds sitting there with his "Aw shucks" face instead of studying like Peyton, the defenders go all out to say it's not fair to criticize him there without knowing the full details. But when Dez is showing some passion on the sideline, without the full details, he's crucified as immature, a problem, etc.

dcowboysfan76

Reaction score
That makes it ok?

I'm not saying that it makes it ok or not because we don't know what was said. We could assume that he was trying to light some fire under his QB and tell him to trust him in coverage and throw him the ball (which some will deem as selfish). My Michael Irvin comment was related to the point of many "great" WR's have done the same thing so why is it more scrutinized with Dez? Is it because of the technology we have now which allows us to go on message boards and rant about it?

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH>..............'private meetings'......lol: what a soap opera....too much drama, not enough good coaching in crunch time resulting in WINS....nothing changes

Gee finally you said something that makes sense

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Of course Dez is pissed. He spent the week telling the media he can do anything Calvin can do. Then, the game comes and he doesn't get targeted enough to really put up the individual stats he wanted too.

Some of it was because Romo wasn't taking chances like Stafford was. A lot of it is Dez just cannot get open line Calvin did.

Dez acted like a two year old.