Official non-PI Call Thread **merged**

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bad call or not... Detroit had their chances after that play and they couldn't do it. A 10 yard punt didn't help immediately after either. As the game wore on, Detroit was playing worse and worse and Dallas was just hitting their stride.

Detroit had the entire 2nd half to score more than 3 points and they couldn't do it. They had the entire second half to keep the Dallas offense out of the end zone and they couldn't do it. Stafford fumbled away the game and then the Dallas defender fumbled it right back to give Stafford a new set of downs and he still couldn't do it.

The game was slipping away the entire second half and Detroit had plenty of chances to do something about it.

Damn this is a good post

Rogah

Reaction score
Oh and BTW I am seeing tons of haters say they've never seen this before, but something incredibly similar happened in the Patriots-Panthers game last year and in a more important situation (more important within the context of the game itself but certainly not more important of a game). Patriots losing, on the 25 yard line or so, last play of the game, they throw into the end zone (I believe for Gronkowski) and a flag is thrown for pass interference, which would give the Patriots the ball on the 1 and another untimed down.

The refs talk about it, pick up the flag, game over, no explanation.

superonyx

Reaction score
Actually if they called all those then the first 3 offset but the penalty on Bryant would be a dead ball foul, 15 yards, automatic first down. :D

But Dez wouldn't have ran on the field if it was called on both sides.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I posted the video to my FB page. I'm curious to see what the conspiracy people have to say about it. I was screaming at the TV that there should have been a penalty against Detroit on that play and I was upset the PI was against the Cowboys. The refs should have explained why they picked up the flag. There would be a lot less teeth grinding if they did that.

Reactions: Ren

Fastphilly

Reaction score
The problem with this call is the call was reversed after the penalty was announced. I have seen flags thrown and then officials discuss it and then the flag gets picked up because of questionable angles, misinterpretation of the rules, etc. This flag was picked up after the ref announced the penalty and there is no question there's illegal contact prior to the ball arriving. Whether or not the facemask was touched the call was made on the early contact and by rule that is PI. If they looked at the facemask and that is the reason they picked up the flag then what about the illegal contact by Hitchens on the same play near the line of scrimmage when he grabbed his jersey? You can't go retroactive on a play and go back prior to the called foul to see if something earlier in the play is going to offset. No flag was thrown on the facemask so picking up the flag because of it doesn't make sense.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
The problem with this call is the call was reversed after the penalty was announced. I have seen flags thrown and then officials discuss it and then the flag gets picked up because of questionable angles, misinterpretation of the rules, etc. This flag was picked up after the ref announced the penalty and there is no question there's illegal contact prior to the ball arriving. Whether or not the facemask was touched the call was made on the early contact and by rule that is PI. If they looked at the facemask and that is the reason they picked up the flag then what about the illegal contact by Hitchens on the same play near the line of scrimmage when he grabbed his jersey? You can't go retroactive on a play and go back prior to the called foul to see if something earlier in the play is going to offset. No flag was thrown on the facemask so picking up the flag because of it doesn't make sense.

They got it right . All that matters

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
What I saw: Pettigrew grabbed and pulled Hitchins' facemask and pulled Hitchins toward him (Pettigrew)

What else I saw: ONE official throw a late flag AND other officials NOT throw a flag at all.

Obviously the other officials did not think it was worth throwing the flag. They got together, picked it up.

Chalk it up to refs doing what fans beg for.... refs let them play.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Listneing to the post game in Detroit...its pathetic. They believe this game is fixed. AS if the Cowboys were never losign this game 0-14. Or the fact that Stafford had TWO CHANCES to win this game.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
To heck with all the haters. Those officials were all over the place the entire game. The truth is the Lions had just as many opportunities as Dallas to win that game but they couldnt make the plays that they needed to win it in the 4th quarter.

They scored THREE points the entire 2nd half.

sbark

Reaction score
What I saw: Pettigrew grabbed and pulled Hitchins' facemask and pulled Hitchins toward him (Pettigrew)

What else I saw: ONE official throw a late flag AND other officials NOT throw a flag at all.

Obviously the other officials did not think it was worth throwing the flag. They got together, picked it up.

Chalk it up to refs doing what fans beg for.... refs let them play.

on the game replay from behind Hitchens, can see the back judge just wave the play dead.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
You know that if the call went the other way that some people who are complaining wouldn't be. The ones that are complaining are either Lions fans or Cowboys haters. Whatever. Like we didn't have any bad calls go against us.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
we are fortunate we didn't get flagged for murray removing his helmet after he scored.....thankfully just as he took it off, he put it right back on....maybe that is why we were not flagged.

plymkr

Reaction score
I wonder if the pass itself had anything to do with the flag being picked up. It was horribly under thrown and hit the defender in the middle of the back/shoulder. I wonder if the whole "uncatchable pass" came into effect. Just speculating. Also though, as someone said earlier, at that point in the game the Lions had a 3 point lead with 8 minutes left. It's still a hard sell to convince me that one play decided the game.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
Was it a penalty? Yes. Did it decide the game? No.

No one wants to talk about how the Lions couldn't stop Dallas on two 4th downs and gave up 17 unanswered points.

sbark

Reaction score
Bad call or not... Detroit had their chances after that play and they couldn't do it. A 10 yard punt didn't help immediately after either. As the game wore on, Detroit was playing worse and worse and Dallas was just hitting their stride.

Detroit had the entire 2nd half to score more than 3 points and they couldn't do it. They had the entire second half to keep the Dallas offense out of the end zone and they couldn't do it. Stafford fumbled away the game and then the Dallas defender fumbled it right back to give Stafford a new set of downs and he still couldn't do it.

The game was slipping away the entire second half and Detroit had plenty of chances to do something about it.

yup, and on defense they backed off on how aggressive they were also, no jailhouse blitz's that stopped several drives in the1st half were not called.