Official rant on Dak thread

khiladi

Reaction score
And very few Dak-bashers bring up Wentz. Wentz’s performances are used as an excuse by Dak-homers way more than the opposite on this site. It’s funny, because before this game, many Dak-homers were boasting about Wentz’s performance where he got sacked 8 times against an actual formidable defensive coach, with the consensus best pass rusher drafted last year, thinking their boy Dak was guaranteed to light it up.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No that wasn't my point. I agree Dak isn't "elite", but running plays that fail on 3rd down aren't Dak's fault, nor or dropped passes or blocked passes on 3rd down, and every QB needs at least some time in the pocket. In short, sure Dak could have done things better, but there was a lot more that led to the offensive shortcoming than Dak.

Nobody is saying Dak is the best in the league, so I don't even know where that argument comes from. Granted he isn't Aaron Rodgers or PAt Mahomes, but those are a rare breed.

Um...if he leads CeeDee to accelerate into an open spot.....we probably get that 1st down or more. It was a poor pass low and behind on a crossing route. Speed is essential.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Um...if he leads CeeDee to accelerate into an open spot.....we probably get that 1st down or more. It was a poor pass low and behind on a crossing route. Speed is essential.
That was a good defensive play with the defender in perfect position, and though not perfect, Lamb caught the ball in stride without slowing down. Sometimes defenses just make good plays.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Running plays that actually fail on third down ARE Dak’s fault, if teams aren’t threatened enough by Dak’s arm or he has an RPO decision and he makes the incorrect one.

Everything is Dak's fault. We get it.

khiladi

Reaction score
Wow.. people are now comparing him to Steve Young.. it’s like Garrett and Tom Landry all over again, but at QB..

Tommy

Reaction score
Average QBs dont throw for 5000 yards. They also dont have over 40 wins to their name.
What???

Dak has never thrown for 5,000yds.

And I could provide a list of 40 win QB's that you have never heard of.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
And very few Dak-bashers bring up Wentz. Wentz’s performances are used as an excuse by Dak-homers way more than the opposite on this site. It’s funny, because before this game, many Dak-homers were boasting about Wentz’s performance where he got sacked 8 times against an actual formidable defensive coach, with the consensus best pass rusher drafted last year, thinking their boy Dak was guaranteed to light it up.

Wentz is phenomenal in pocket presence. A little bit over-rates though as a QB IMO at throwing.

Light years better than Dak whose pocket presence is garbage and bails early and can’t anticipate a WR getting open to save his life.

But you said ToNIGHt and Wentz wasn’t playing tonight..

Oh, he’s more accurate too whether in the 20s or 10s. And he was doing it with a battered line-up.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2019/redzone-passing.htm

khiladi

Reaction score

What’s your point? I never said I never talked about Wentz. And if you notice, those are RESPONSES to how Dak homers keep using Wentz as some standard.. Wentz beat Dak last year when it counted with a battered line-up, has much better pocket presence and performs in the red-zone, unlike our mediocre QB...