Official San Antonio Spurs Thread

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Good win for Spurs,

I turned it off in 3rd and my thoughts were that Spurs are not right. I'm just not impressed with them in 2008 but they have the pelts on the wall.

I'm just not sure they make it out of the West.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Nors;1937013 said:
Good win for Spurs,

I turned it off in 3rd and my thoughts were that Spurs are not right. I'm just not impressed with them in 2008 but they have the pelts on the wall.

I'm just not sure they make it out of the West.

its like broken record, every year, the same crap:bang2:

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
MC KAos;1937039 said:
its like broken record, every year, the same crap:bang2:

Spurs don't win every year, and aging

And odds are their proverbial record gets smashed in 2008.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Nors;1937047 said:

heard that before too, can you come up with any NEW ideas as to why the spurs are gonna loose? ill give you some previous nuggets....

avery wont take the spurs to a championship(1999)
spurs are too young(2003)
spurs are too old(2005)
spurs are too old(2007)

how about his one for the celtics....

there has not been a team to win a championship without a key contributor with finals experience since the rockets in 94

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Nors;1937047 said:

Nors.....it is ok, we know you are scared....you have done a nice job though of drawing the ire of Spurs fans.....unfortunately for you, we are far more loyal to our team than you have ever been to any of yours.....you Bandwagon Bandit you....

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;1937062 said:
Nors.....it is ok, we know you are scared....you have done a nice job though of drawing the ire of Spurs fans.....unfortunately for you, we are far more loyal to our team than you have ever been to any of yours.....you Bandwagon Bandit you....

Why am I scared? We are 13-0 against West. Beat Mavs without KG. We have best record in NBA hands down.

Spurs are what on the road? What last 25 games? And I saw it last night, that was bad basketball by Spurs.

This year the title goes through the Garden, where we will hoist another banner!

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Nors;1937136 said:
Why am I scared? We are 13-0 against West. Beat Mavs without KG. We have best record in NBA hands down.

Spurs are what on the road? What last 25 games? And I saw it last night, that was bad basketball by Spurs.

This year the title goes through the Garden, where we will hoist another banner!

hahahah, you are so funny.....your comedy amuses me.

Until beaten, the title always goes through the Champs......and as I recall, the Spurs are the Champs

GO SPURS GO

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;1937146 said:
hahahah, you are so funny.....your comedy amuses me.

Until beaten, the title always goes through the Champs......and as I recall, the Spurs are the Champs

GO SPURS GO

Here is our record against West after slaying Mavs with NO kg.

Win, Win, Win, Win, Win, Win, Win, Win, Win, Win, Win, Win, Win

San Antonio - We are watching you and ready.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Nors;1937136 said:

Nors;1937182 said:
Here is our record against West after slaying Mavs with NO kg.

Win, Win, Win, Win, Win, Win, Win, Win, Win, Win, Win, Win, Win

San Antonio - We are watching you and ready.

EARTH TO NORS, EARTH TO NORS....ALL THE CRAP YOU KEEP SAYING STILL DOESNT MATTER!! ITS THE REGULAR SEASON, THIS IS NOT COLLEGE FOOTBALL, IT DOESNT MATTER WHAT YOUR RECORD AGAINST ANYONE IS!!

more important is playoff experience, coaching, and clutch performers come playoff time, something the celtics are lacking severely. It doesnt matter if the celtics beat the spurs next week by 50 points, its just the regular season. btw we beat the mavs without duncan, AND while the mavs were at full strength, and a game the mavs cared about more than against the celtics, and that wont still matter come playoff time, its just 1 win

MC KAos

Reaction score
Fin the magnificent!! this is pretty funny

http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblog...onald_m_6.html

Jeff McDonald: Michael Finley told you so
This is a completely true story that probably would have done us all a bit more good yesterday. But we will relay it anyway ...

So, Spurs practice is winding down on Sunday morning. Michael Finley takes a break from firing up a few foul shots and wanders over toward the gathered media.

"Hey Mike!," he says, motioning to Mike Monroe, the Express-News' NBA writer. "Who's wearing white in the game tonight?" He means the Super Bowl. Needless to say, it's a strange sort of trivia question.

This not being the sort of knowledge that typically sticks in an NBA writer's brain, Monroe tells Finley he doesn't know, but promises to get back to him. After asking around, Monroe discovers the New York Giants, as the designated home team, will be decked out in their lilly whites. He relays this information to Finley, who responds with a bold prediction.

The Giants are going to win, he says. It came to him in a dream.

"I had a vision," Finley said, "of a team in white celebrating."

We all kind of laugh. The Giants are going to ruin the Patriots' perfect season? Yeah, right.

I thought of Finley later Sunday night, as the final score flashed across my TV screen: Giants 17, Pats 14. Call it a high-definition testament to one man's psychic powers.

This much is certain: Next time Finley hits us up with a prediction, we're going directly to Vegas to get rich.

MC KAos

Reaction score
nice win tonight; i was worried there about our D in the first half, but they REALLY stepped it up in the second half. Stoudamire played solid and the best part was that we got a huge lead so we were able to rest the main players for the second leg of the back to back, i think that will mean a victory tomorrow for Danny white who is going to the game, enjoy! and let us know just how small mighty mouse looks out there, lol

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
I'm extremely excited about the game tomorrow!

I haven't seen the Spurs play in person since 2005.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Danny White;1944892 said:
I'm extremely excited about the game tomorrow!

I haven't seen the Spurs play in person since 2005.

i think theyll give a good performance for ya tomorrow!

MC KAos

Reaction score
nice win, how was the game DW!!! im surprised that antonio daniels didnt kill us like he usually does, he was the one i was most worried about

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Nice win for Spurs,

Lakers, Suns making a nice push. West playoffs should be fun to watch. Shaq might be a matchup problem for Spurs if he can get healthy.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Nors;1946022 said:
Nice win for Spurs,

Lakers, Suns making a nice push. West playoffs should be fun to watch. Shaq might be a matchup problem for Spurs if he can get healthy.

That fat load of crap doesn't concern me. Maybe 5 years ago, this would have bothered me, but not now.

I personally think that Gasol would have been just what the Suns needed to possibly get themselves over the top and into the Finals. Gasol and Amare would have been a very nice combination for Nash to pass to.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Nors;1946022 said:
Nice win for Spurs,

im more concerned with dallas than the lakers or the suns, they always play us tough

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Right now I am concerned with the Hornets. They have a nice little lineup. I am surprised and disappointed in the city of NO and their lack of support for this solid team. NO doesn't deserve the Hornets....they do however, deserve the Saints.