Official San Antonio Spurs Thread

MC KAos

Reaction score
Biggems;1946044 said:
Right now I am concerned with the Hornets. They have a nice little lineup. I am surprised and disappointed in the city of NO and their lack of support for this solid team. NO doesn't deserve the Hornets....they do however, deserve the Saints.

but they have no playoff expirience, i wouldnt be at all concerned with them if we faced them in a seven game series.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;1946038 said:
That fat load of crap doesn't concern me. Maybe 5 years ago, this would have bothered me, but not now.

I personally think that Gasol would have been just what the Suns needed to possibly get themselves over the top and into the Finals. Gasol and Amare would have been a very nice combination for Nash to pass to.

Didn't Shaq win a NBA title 2 years ago?

MC KAos

Reaction score
Nors;1946068 said:

the heat won the championship, not shaq, or thanks to shaq, it was all Dwade, and there is no denying the fact that his skills have sharply declined since then

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Nors;1946068 said:

yes that fat load rode Wades back to the NBA title. He spent more time riding the pines during that postseason than he did playing....including in the finals. Mourning had a bigger impact on the outcome of that Championship run than Shaq did.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
NBA final appearances follow this Shaq dude.

This guy is always in the right place!

MC KAos

Reaction score
Nors;1946085 said:
NBA final appearances follow this Shaq dude.

This guy is always in the right place!

that was no accident, he was a GREAT player, perfect for controlling tempo come playoff time. But he is just too old and in the wrong situation now, i dont see him being very effective at all. But if he gets motivated, healthy, and back in shape, that could all change.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
MC KAos;1945947 said:
nice win, how was the game DW!!! im surprised that antonio daniels didnt kill us like he usually does, he was the one i was most worried about

It was a lot of fun. I was shocked how many Spurs fans there were at the game. Must have been about 2000 or 3000 or so of the about 10,000 there! And they were loud!

My son had a great time. Going to the game was his 7th Birthday present. He cheered wildly for every Spurs basket and groaned and worried over every Wizards hoop.

Manu was seriously off the whole game, and I'm quite honestly surprised that we were able to win with him so off. Without Parker, we have some offensive issues if Manu isn't playing well.

There were times when we had a lineup out there where I couldn't figure out how we were going to get a basket. Oberto and Elson play so small sometimes it's frustrating. But we managed to slug through it. Stoudamire also provided a good spark from outside. But Duncan was in a class of his own out there. The Wiz had no answer for him.

It was pretty cool, we got inside about 45 minutes before tip off and Horry was the only player out there warming up. He was having a 3-point contest with some Spurs staff guy -- a short, heavy white bald guy -- and the short bald guy actually out-shot Big Shot Bob! He must have been a shooting coach or something!

Anyway, it was a great night, we met a lot of really nice Spurs fans, and got to watch a solid win!

MC KAos

Reaction score
Danny White;1946107 said:
It was a lot of fun. I was shocked how many Spurs fans there were at the game. Must have been about 2000 or 3000 or so of the about 10,000 there! And they were loud!

My son had a great time. Going to the game was his 7th Birthday present. He cheered wildly for every Spurs basket and groaned and worried over every Wizards hoop.

Manu was seriously off the whole game, and I'm quite honestly surprised that we were able to win with him so off. Without Parker, we have some offensive issues if Manu isn't playing well.

There were times when we had a lineup out there where I couldn't figure out how we were going to get a basket. Oberto and Elson play so small sometimes it's frustrating. But we managed to slug through it. Stoudamire also provided a good spark from outside. But Duncan was in a class of his own out there. The Wiz had no answer for him.

It was pretty cool, we got inside about 45 minutes before tip off and Horry was the only player out there warming up. He was having a 3-point contest with some Spurs staff guy -- a short, heavy white bald guy -- and the short bald guy actually out-shot Big Shot Bob! He must have been a shooting coach or something!

Anyway, it was a great night, we met a lot of really nice Spurs fans, and got to watch a solid win!

ya, you could tell there were a lot of spurs fans there, the commentators kept talking about it. Manu didnt shoot well but he passed and set up the rest of the guys very well, he had 10 assists.

MC KAos

Reaction score
did anyone see horry get mad because he wasnt in the game the last 8 seconds of the game against the knicks? i LOLd!!

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
MC KAos;1946080 said:
the heat won the championship, not shaq, or thanks to shaq, it was all Dwade, and there is no denying the fact that his skills have sharply declined since then

I'll second this. DWade carried that team after they adjusted in game three. And, amazingly, they got more contributions from the likes of Alonzo Mourning and even Antoine Walker in that series than they did from Shaq.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Mavs Man;1949199 said:
I'll second this. DWade carried that team after they adjusted in game three. And, amazingly, they got more contributions from the likes of Alonzo Mourning and even Antoine Walker in that series than they did from Shaq.

yup, it was mourning that had the biggest impact on that postseason from the center position for them. Walker was big in the finals, i remember the walker shake after that and 1 in game 6 like it was yesterday. and who can forget udonis haslems defense on dirk. So shaq was just along for the ride in that finals run

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
wow that knicks game was amazing. we stunk it up for most of the game....but found a way to pull it out.

props to the knicks for bringing it both times they played us. if they could play like that every game, they would possibly be a playoff team.

I would love to have David Lee on the Spurs...that guy is all over the place.....and does a nice job of rebounding. He also has nice range for a PF. I am always impressed when I see that guy play.

Now we have the Celtics. I hope we can go in there and get this one, not because I want to catch the Celtics, but because the Suns, Lakers, Mavs, and Hornets keep winning. We have to keep pace with those guys.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
MC KAos;1949886 said:
ill be happy if we win 2 of the next 3

I was hoping we would win today, cause Toronto scares the hell out of me. Oh well...now we have to win one of the next two to have a winning road trip. If we can win both, 6-3 is not bad, especially when playing without Parker and Barry.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Spurs tough loss to Celtics today

Will be interesting to see how the West deals with Celts forward. 16-0 to date record is an issue to be dealt with.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Nors;1950286 said:
Spurs tough loss to Celtics today

Will be interesting to see how the West deals with Celts forward. 16-0 to date record is an issue to be dealt with.

what if u go 30-0 against the West........and then u cant even make it to the Finals....or you actually make the Finals, but get beat........that 30-0 wont be worth a hill of beans will it?

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;1950471 said:
what if u go 30-0 against the West........and then u cant even make it to the Finals....or you actually make the Finals, but get beat........that 30-0 wont be worth a hill of beans will it?

Months ago the Celtics critics said we could not beat Spurs and Mavericks and best of West.....

Been there won that now.

39-9 nothing more nothing less.

Dismiss the Celtric team at your peril. Spurs need to worry about getting out of west first.....

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Nors;1950530 said:
Months ago the Celtics critics said we could not beat Spurs and Mavericks and best of West.....

Been there won that now.

39-9 nothing more nothing less.

Dismiss the Celtric team at your peril. Spurs need to worry about getting out of west first.....

im not worried about the Spurs getting out of the West....we will be there, dont you worry.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;1950471 said:

Spurs today -

6th seed in West

2 1/2 games away from 9th seed. Don't get so caught up on what Celtics record against West means. Worry about what Spurs record in West means.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;1950543 said:
im not worried about the Spurs getting out of the West....we will be there, dont you worry.

Good - With Celtics and home court, I welcome a Spurs final. We more than match up well against you and West.

Detroit is my biggest worry candidly.