Official San Antonio Spurs Thread

thekavorka

Reaction score
the one thing to take from this game is that the mavs are finally getting points in the paint

but we're back to stagnant iso-offense the last couple of possessions

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
What a scary way to end it.

Edit: Meaning Dirk falling over. Good defensive play by Bowen, and two clutch free throws by Duncan after going 4/8 or something like that to that point.

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
thekavorka;1976071 said:
the one thing to take from this game is that the mavs are finally getting points in the paint

but we're back to stagnant iso-offense the last couple of possessions

Yeah, I don't understand the "give the ball to Dirk 20 feet from the basket and shoot it with two defenders in your face" play they run continuously.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Great game! Awesome defensive stand there by the Spurs at the end, and fantastic block by Bruce.

This final stretch in the West is going to be FAN-tastic! :laugh2:

thekavorka

Reaction score
i'm really dissapointed by avery.

WHERE WAS JASON KIDD???

kidd should be out there creating and dishing like in the first half. in the second half, he was just deferring to other players in the iso offense

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
Danny White;1976102 said:
Great game! Awesome defensive stand there by the Spurs at the end, and fantastic block by Bruce.

This final stretch in the West is going to be FAN-tastic! :laugh2:

It's going to be an awesome first round of the playoffs. In the West, at least.

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
thekavorka;1976105 said:
i'm really dissapointed by avery.

WHERE WAS JASON KIDD???

kidd should be out there creating and dishing like in the first half. in the second half, he was just deferring to other players in the iso offense

Yeah. And not even on the floor on the last offensive possession.

The commentators suggested offensive rebounds (then why was Terry out there)?

:huh:

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Mavs Man;1976106 said:
It's going to be an awesome first round of the playoffs. In the West, at least.

Most definitely.

I always love the playoff position jockeying in the final weeks of the season, though... it's my favorite part of the whole NBA season. And this year, its going to be more like two months worth of quality jockeying!

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Mavs Man;1976112 said:
Yeah. And not even on the floor on the last offensive possession.

The commentators suggested offensive rebounds (then why was Terry out there)?

:huh:

The commentators won't say what the real reason is, and that is that he's a liability shooting-wise. He's a "superstar" at least name-wise still, so he'll get that respect from them... but AJ knows who his playmakers are in the clutch.

Everyone knew that Dirk was going to get the ball if at all possible, and everyone else out there was there to get a rebound or hit an open shot if need be.

MC KAos

Reaction score
GREAT game guys!! thats why i want to avoid the mavs in the playoffs like the plague! i think i lose 1 year off my life every time i watch a spurs/mavs game past the all star break

thekavorka

Reaction score
Danny White;1976124 said:
The commentators won't say what the real reason is, and that is that he's a liability shooting-wise. He's a "superstar" at least name-wise still, so he'll get that respect from them... but AJ knows who his playmakers are in the clutch.

Everyone knew that Dirk was going to get the ball if at all possible, and everyone else out there was there to get a rebound or hit an open shot if need be.

the problem was that the mavs had to work hard for their shots at the end. kidd could make it easier for them like in the first half. in the 2nd half, you can see avery on the court just calling for iso plays. it was disappointing.

and devin harris had a great game tonight

MC KAos

Reaction score

ya, as great as jason kidd is, he is a poor shooter, i loved him taking those long jumpers.

man, how good has duncan been shooting FTs this year!! he is at around 75%!! and this was his worst FT shooting game in a while, i think he ended up 7 for 10

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score

That is one thing I harped on when trade rumors were swirling, but as kavorka brings up he is MUCH needed in opening this offense up and creating shots. They just give it to Dirk inside the three point stripe and ask him to fight off defenders on his way to a shot.

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
MC KAos;1976128 said:
GREAT game guys!! thats why i want to avoid the mavs in the playoffs like the plague! i think i lose 1 year off my life every time i watch a spurs/mavs game past the all star break

Add Suns' games to that for me (always decided in the final minutes), and I totally agree.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Mavs Man;1976151 said:
Add Suns' games to that for me (always decided in the final minutes), and I totally agree.

no disrespect to the suns and their fans, but i wouldnt mind playing them before the mavs. The only two teams that scare me are the mavs and pistons. now, thats not to say that another team cant beat us, but it would be very hard for them.

thekavorka

Reaction score
lakers look like the best team in the west right now.

and the mavs have to play them on sunday :(

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Nice win for Spurs tonight

Add New Orleans, Lakers, Celtics to your list of teams to worry about. And Utah is going to punk someone in West.....

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
MC KAos;1976161 said:
no disrespect to the suns and their fans, but i wouldnt mind playing them before the mavs. The only two teams that scare me are the mavs and pistons. now, thats not to say that another team cant beat us, but it would be very hard for them.

Well, you guys have their number. Nash always plays the Mavs tough (can't imagine why).

Also, note that Tony Parker still has not lost to Jason Kidd since the Spurs flirted with giving Kidd his job during the summer of '03.