Official San Antonio Spurs Thread

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
MC KAos;1978047 said:
because thats what it is, at least last night. go back and watch the replay, it was all ball, first of all, and any pushing was also done by terry, they just let them play, its how it should be.
go to youtube and type in bruce bowen. he is the dirtiest player in the nba

sharph20

Reaction score
Rampage;1978311 said:

Yes he does have alot of videos on there and I will give you that some of the stuff is legit. The problem with those videos is that the majority of them are way too close to be judged intentional. It still doesn't change the fact that he is a great defender and can get into peoples heads (jason terry). If Bruce played for your team i'm sure you'd have no problem with him.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Rowdy;1977707 said:
What I dont get is why you Spurs fans see so many different NBA players from so many different teams get upset with Bowen and write it off as being frustrated to "defensive domination".

Its called jealousy .......Its called looking for an excuse for getting beat.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Rampage;1978311 said:

there are dirtier players in the nba, raja bell being one of them. having said that, i wouldnt mind having him on my team and you wouldnt either. kobe is pretty dirty too, just ask manu's face. but again, you wouldnt mind having him on your team would you?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Rampage;1978311 said:

You can do that with any good defender in the league.

Most of them do not have as many championships as Bowen so it is not pointed out.

People who have multiple championships are always accused of "cheating" somehow.

The said Shaq commited offensive fouls everytime he went to the board and was not called.

They said Jordan and Kobe travel and get the benefit of every call.

They Accused Magic of Traveling and of being gay and Bird of getting all the good calls because he is white.

They said Charles was dirty ..... the said Stockton and Malone were Dirty .... they said Bill Lambear was dirty.

The said the Dream greased himself up (as a Rocket fan you should remember that ludicrous crap) so that you could not defend him.

The list goes on and on .....

Now its that all the Spurs are floppers and Bowen is dirty .....

NBA players as a whole are the biggest bunch of excuse making crybabies in sports.

And it will never change ..... cause when you are as good as they are ... you cannot fathom getting beat fair.

Route 66

Reaction score
zrinkill;1978400 said:
Its called jealousy .......Its called looking for an excuse for getting beat.

How can someone on the other side even come to that conclusion when you aren't on the opposite teams facing these actions?

Route 66

Reaction score
MC KAos;1978411 said:
there are dirtier players in the nba, raja bell being one of them. having said that, i wouldnt mind having him on my team and you wouldnt either. kobe is pretty dirty too, just ask manu's face. but again, you wouldnt mind having him on your team would you?

Wrong. Raja Bell dirtier than Bowen? Sorry man but I will vehemently fight you on that one. There is plainly no way you can compare the two. Like I have stated in several threads already and made it quite plain-I dont condone anything that Raja has done. I also dont condone the hard foul Shaq gave not too long ago. The biggest difference is I can easily see when someone on my team screws up but you guys just call your actions "good defense" and anything other than that is considered whining.

Route 66

Reaction score
zrinkill;1978417 said:
You can do that with any good defender in the league.

Most of them do not have as many championships as Bowen so it is not pointed out.

People who have multiple championships are always accused of "cheating" somehow.

The said Shaq commited offensive fouls everytime he went to the board and was not called.

They said Jordan and Kobe travel and get the benefit of every call.

They Accused Magic of Traveling and of being gay and Bird of getting all the good calls because he is white.

They said Charles was dirty ..... the said Stockton and Malone were Dirty .... they said Bill Lambear was dirty.

The said the Dream greased himself up (as a Rocket fan you should remember that ludicrous crap) so that you could not defend him.

The list goes on and on .....

Now its that all the Spurs are floppers and Bowen is dirty .....

NBA players as a whole are the biggest bunch of excuse making crybabies in sports.

And it will never change ..... cause when you are as good as they are ... you cannot fathom getting beat fair.

So easy to make threads like this when you are for the team who performs these ludicrous acts. I and quite a few others have specifically mentioned individual players on the Spurs, not the whole team. Manu is the biggest flopper next to Divac the league has ever seen. Divac never got under my skin and never really owned any team but yet he was a flopper. And Ill call him on it too. But in your mind if anyone calls anyone else out, they are jealous.

Malone didn't win a Championship yet he was still considered Mr Elbows. You screwed yourself over using that as an example due to the fact that he never won anything. There are a lot of people who actually used to like Malone until his last 5-6 seasons.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Rowdy;1978461 said:
Wrong. Raja Bell dirtier than Bowen? Sorry man but I will vehemently fight you on that one. There is plainly no way you can compare the two. Like I have stated in several threads already and made it quite plain-I dont condone anything that Raja has done. I also dont condone the hard foul Shaq gave not too long ago. The biggest difference is I can easily see when someone on my team screws up but you guys just call your actions "good defense" and anything other than that is considered whining.

are you kidding me? just the closeline on kobe alone makes him dirtier than bowen

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Rowdy;1978468 said:
Malone didn't win a Championship yet he was still considered Mr Elbows. You screwed yourself over using that as an example due to the fact that he never won anything.

Not at all .... he won as much as the Suns or Mavs ever did ....

My point was people are jealous of great players that are not on their team .... you are the biggest example of that on this board.

I hope that Bowen drives you crazy ..... when he wins another championship I will enjoy the fact that it bothers you so damn much :lmao2:

And I will remind you of it ..... believe me.

gazmc_06

Reaction score
MC KAos;1978494 said:
are you kidding me? just the closeline on kobe alone makes him dirtier than bowen

I'm gonna have to agree with that, as a Laker fan I enjoy watching Bowen try to slow Kobe down by playing physical and challenging him, Bell closelining him like that was just a chicken move...Bowen plays physical, but what he does is all within the rules.

Route 66

Reaction score
gazmc_06;1978504 said:
I'm gonna have to agree with that, as a Laker fan I enjoy watching Bowen try to slow Kobe down by playing physical and challenging him, Bell closelining him like that was just a chicken move...Bowen plays physical, but what he does is all within the rules.

Guess you havent visited all the wonderful Bowen highlights with the foot to the face.:rolleyes:

Route 66

Reaction score
zrinkill;1978499 said:

My point was people are jealous of great players that are not on their team .... you are the biggest example of that on this board.

I hope that Bowen drives you crazy ..... when he wins another championship I will enjoy the fact that it bothers you so damn much :lmao2:

Actually you as well as that other Celtics guy miss the boat completely. The fact remains that I dont get caught up in the Championships and winning like it makes your manhood more meaningful. I was and have been discussing issues that you choose to look the other way on. Its plain and simple. If you reread all my posts which you obviously wont do since you didnt read them right to begin with, you will find I am not arguing Larry O Brien trophies or who has how many. It is the comments that you make like the Spurs can do no wrong and they are above everyone else and the reason why anybody God forbid would have a problem with one iota of the Spurs is just plain jealousy.

I dont care if Bowen scores 100 on the Suns and gets away with murder. The difference between your class and mine is I can admit that we have players that do not always play properly which is quite a bit more than you or any other Spurs fan admitting the same about some of yours.

sharph20

Reaction score
zrinkill;1978499 said:

Note to self don't get on zrinkill's bad side :D

Route 66

Reaction score
sharph20;1978623 said:

Hes not smart enough to get on my bad side. Hes already proven that.:)

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Rowdy;1978723 said:
Hes not smart enough to get on my bad side. Hes already proven that.:)

:rolleyes:

I can feel the jealousy oozing off ya.

I am sorry that your team has been the Spurs property for the last decade.

I know it has to hurt, buck up though ...... eventually Tim Duncan will retire.

Unfortunately it will probably be long after the flopping canadian does.

And then you will be left with a young big man with the IQ of a brick and a coach who's idea of coaching is complaining to the media.

But still ..... keep your chin up.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
sharph20;1978623 said:

I just hate arrogant idiotic fans from teams who have never done jack squat.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Has anyone looked at the standings this morning?

Thanks to the wonderful Portland Trailblazers, we are now the 1 seed in the West. They knocked off the Lakers last night, putting them a half game behind us. We can make it a full game if we can go into Milwaukee and win tonight.

Tonight's game will be no easy task. We always have trouble with Milwaukee, especially up there. I think the Spurs are going to pull out a close, hard fought game.

GO SPURS GO

sharph20

Reaction score
Biggems;1979046 said:
Has anyone looked at the standings this morning?

Thanks to the wonderful Portland Trailblazers, we are now the 1 seed in the West. They knocked off the Lakers last night, putting them a half game behind us. We can make it a full game if we can go into Milwaukee and win tonight.

Tonight's game will be no easy task. We always have trouble with Milwaukee, especially up there. I think the Spurs are going to pull out a close, hard fought game.

GO SPURS GO

Yeah i noticed we were in first place last night after the lakers lost. I just hope we can hang on to the top spot until the end of the season. Isn't it funny how a month ago people were saying the spurs might not even make the playoffs?

Route 66

Reaction score
MC KAos;1978494 said:

No I am absolutely not kidding you. How can you even say that the clothesline was more dangerous than Bowen kicking to the face or stepping on someone's achilles or putting your foot out there to have people R E P E A T E D L Y come down on it in the hopes to take them out of the game.

I guess all these NBA players are wrong that get extremely angry at him cause of all the trophies and tough defense.:rolleyes: