Official San Antonio Spurs Thread

MC KAos

Reaction score
Ozzu;2070204 said:
I know the Mavericks are no indication of any sort of test for any team, but watching the Hornets just dismantle the Mavericks and after watching the Hornets dismantle the Spurs in game 1...

The Spurs better be real real careful...

ya, but to be fair it was an 8 point game till less than 2 minutes in the fourth quarter then it got out of hand, its not like they were beating us down the whole game. Id also be more concerned if duncan, parker and ginobili all had good games and we still lost. as long as we win tomorrow we will be ok

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
It was so nice of NO to bust out all of their voodoo for game one.....the mascot fiasco which delayed the game twice....the clock fiasco....the tim duncan voodoo doll.....

Well it worked cause NO won the first game.

The Spurs need to get their crap together.....I guess Duncan forgot that they had a game last night.....I have no idea who that guy was wearing his jersey, cause it wasn't Tim Duncan. That imposter couldn't make a flippin shot within 5 ft of the basket all night. That imposter couldnt grab a rebound to save his life. That imposter played defense like Shaq or Amare (Matador style defense). Basically that imposter flat out sucked.

The Spurs couldn't buy a basket in the second half. Bruce and Manu got cold. Only Finley and Parker could do anything offensively.

There were too many turnovers, too many missed free throws, too little rebounding, and too little defense.......NO was able to rebound at will, get all the loose balls, and score at will, especially West. That 2nd half was way too easy for the Hornets.

I picked the Spurs in 6 and I am sticking to it....For 2.5 quarters, the Spurs controlled the game......and then they completely went to fecal matter.....I anticipate a good verbal whoopin from Pop. I see the Spurs winning game 2. BTW, is Udoka in the doghouse, cause he didn't get time until the end of the game, when it was garbage hour.....

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
when chris paul was shooting free throws with 1:40 left in the 4th he made the 1st looked at his teammates and said "hey don't get crazy it's only 1 game". that kid is a leader if i ever saw one.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
I was very impressed with David West.

Spurs really need to grab game 2, or else there will be a ton of pressure when the series moves back to San Antonio.

If the Spurs can find a defensive answer for West, I still think we win this in 6. If not, then I think NO has the talent and poise to win the series.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Rampage;2070302 said:
when chris paul was shooting free throws with 1:40 left in the 4th he made the 1st looked at his teammates and said "hey don't get crazy it's only 1 game". that kid is a leader if i ever saw one.

hes a very impressive young player, him and deron are pretty much hall of famers as long as they stay healthy and out of trouble

Danny White;2070463 said:
I was very impressed with David West.

Spurs really need to grab game 2, or else there will be a ton of pressure when the series moves back to San Antonio.

If the Spurs can find a defensive answer for West, I still think we win this in 6. If not, then I think NO has the talent and poise to win the series.

we have to win the next game man, because if we dont then games 3 and 4 become must wins and thats a hell of a lot of pressure. If we can take game 2 then the pressure will be on them more so than us for game 3. i have confidence in pop to adjust though, its the not the first time we have lost a game 1, and most of those were at home

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
spurs are in trouble

all the signals were there all season long

MC KAos

Reaction score
Nors;2071008 said:
spurs are in trouble

id be more concerned with your team and their lack of cojones. maybe paul pierce is gonna have to call his gang buddies on lebron for yall to have a chance. you should slither your way back to your thread unless you have something of relevance to say.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The Spurs were outplayed in the first game

No Excuses ..... We are not fans of the Mavs, Celtics, or Suns.

But the Spurs play best when they are against it.

I expect them to win game 2.

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
zrinkill;2071397 said:
The Spurs were outplayed in the first game

No Excuses ..... We are not fans of the Mavs, Celtics, or Suns.

Anyone catch the license plate number of that bus?

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Nors;2071008 said:
spurs are in trouble

at least the Hornets are the 2 seed and have home court in the series....we didnt get beat down by an 8th seed with only 37 wins.......how the Hawks took your mighty Cs to 7 games is beyond me....worry about your Cs.....

the Spurs will be just fine.

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
Tim Duncan had his worst playoff game as a pro. Considering also how well Dirk Nowitzki did in the Mavs/Hornets series, I think Duncan will be very motivated to bounce back and will do so very quickly.

When Duncan's numbers are down, Ginobili really needs to take on a bigger load and that didn't happen in game one. They need more from Manu in this series.

You also cannot shoot 40% on the road while giving up 50% to your opponent. I expect those numbers to improve as they make adjustments during the series.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Mavs Man;2071442 said:
Anyone catch the license plate number of that bus?

Was not talking about you.

You have always been a stand up fan .... you were not the type I was talking about.

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
zrinkill;2071820 said:
Was not talking about you.

You have always been a stand up fan .... you were not the type I was talking about.

Well, there are a few other Mavs fans on this board who don't fit the mold, so just wanted to make that point clear.

I have a feeling you were speaking to fans of one team in particular.

By the way, if the Mavs do hire Carlisle I may have some excuses to throw around the next few years.

:bang2:

Nothing against the man, but he is not the answer. I would rather they stick with Avery.

Brandon

Benched
Reaction score
Duncan is going 40/20 tonight. That game was embarrassing for him. I want the Spurs to win the title, now that my team has been knocked out.

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
Dreadnought;2071839 said:
Duncan is going 40/20 tonight. That game was embarrassing for him. I want the Spurs to win the title, now that my team has been knocked out.

As before, I lend my support to fellow Texas teams if my own if knocked out.

Well, unless we're talking about the Texans... but so far that's never been a problem.

:laugh2:

In the East I would like to see Cleveland go far.

Brandon

Benched
Reaction score
Yessur. I am a Raptor fan. I was one of those kids who got caught up in the Jurassic Park days and all the Vince Carter stuff. It was tough growing up in Dallas and liking the Raptors, but the Mavs weren't good at that time anyways. The good thing is I have some family up near Toronto so I head up for a few games every year.

Never the less, gotta support those fellow Texas teams. And screw the Texans. Damn frauds.

Brandon

Benched
Reaction score
The most annoying thing in sports HAS to be the idiotic Hornets announcers going "WHOOOOOOOOOOO! WHOOOOOOOOOOOO!" after each hornet basket. So bush league.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Dreadnought;2072212 said:
The most annoying thing in sports HAS to be the idiotic Hornets announcers going "WHOOOOOOOOOOO! WHOOOOOOOOOOOO!" after each hornet basket. So bush league.

the most annoying thing in the world is bonzi wells running people over, throwing elbows and getting calls

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
I know it's a close game right now, but I'm pretty nervous about this matchup.

I don't like the energy and confidence (or lack thereof) that I'm seeing from the Spurs right now.