Official San Antonio Spurs Thread

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
WoodysGirl;2072455 said:
Not to get caught up in the pissing match, but this was the first game I watched of the Spurs in the postseason and I was honestly surprised and how bad they looked. Back to back turnovers by Ginobili. Missed shots. They just really looked out of synch. The execution was just poor.

Maybe they can put it together in S.A., but it's not looking good...

Yup they went from looking like a well oiled machine to old and tired.

Maybe its just the level of competition .... hopefully they find their game in SA.

DCgirl13

Reaction score
So glad somebody is finally showing the Spurs what is up. Didn't watch the last game, but was happy to see NO up 2-0. They are really a great team and I hope they can win it all this year since the Suns couldn't yet again.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Here is how I see the first two games.

Spurs:
1. Their defense is atrocious. When did we become the PHX Suns. We are letting the Hornets have too many uncontested shots, inside and out. Stay off Paul and make him beat you with the jumpshot. If he has to rain from the outside to beat you, so be it. Keep him from driving and creating off the dribble.

2. Manu needs to take his head out of his butt. Stop forcing things and having so many careless and untimely turnovers. Play within himself. Get mad and make shots.

3. More Barry is always a good thing. Pop pulls the big 3 in the 4th and the Spurs are making a run, in large part due to Barry. Pop calls a timeout and puts the big 3 back in and the Hornets run away with it. Get Barry more minutes and more shot opportunities.

4. More effort and energy with rebounding.

5. Make free throws. I know the Spurs tend to suck from the line, but they need to start cashing in on their free opportunities.

6. Make open shots. They have had tons of open looks in this series. The Hornets are not playing great defense by any means, well except on Duncan in game 1. The Spurs are simply missing their shots.

7. Catch the passes....Stop fumbling passes. Several times last night and in game 1, there would be a nice clean pass, only to have the receiver of the pass bobble the ball and end up with a much tougher look or fumble it out of bounds, instead of having an easy uncontested shot. Fumbling the ball, allows the NO defense to close easier.

8. Get the ball to the open man. So many times in the first two games....there would be a Spurs sitting alone in the corner, only to have the ball swung to the opposite direction and into the teeth of the defense.

9. Can someone put a missing persons report out on Michael Finley....he has disappeared. I think his picture in on the back of milk cartons all over SA.

Hornets:
1. CP3 is playing out of his mind. He is playing with an arrogance about him. He is also getting every call. I dont want to hear about the Spurs flopping, cause Paul is pulling all kinds of shady tricks and the refs are buying what he is selling.

2. Peja is shooting lights out. Maybe the Spurs should cover him, what a novel idea huh.

3. West cooled off in game 2, came back down to Earth, but he is still playing well on both ends.

4. As a team, they were totally feeding off the crowd. They were pumped and energized. I am curious to see how they respond in the hostile environment that will be San Antonio.

5. They are not doing a good job of covering the Spurs shooters. They are giving up tons of open looks. Fortunately for them, the Spurs are building a new arena for them with all those bricks. However, they are doing a nice job of containing the Spurs penetrations into the paint. They are also doing a decent job of getting into the passing lanes.

Spurs in 6

GO SPURS GO

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Biggems;2072711 said:
Here is how I see the first two games.

Spurs:
1. Their defense is atrocious. When did we become the PHX Suns. We are letting the Hornets have too many uncontested shots, inside and out. Stay off Paul and make him beat you with the jumpshot. If he has to rain from the outside to beat you, so be it. Keep him from driving and creating off the dribble.

2. Manu needs to take his head out of his butt. Stop forcing things and having so many careless and untimely turnovers. Play within himself. Get mad and make shots.

3. More Barry is always a good thing. Pop pulls the big 3 in the 4th and the Spurs are making a run, in large part due to Barry. Pop calls a timeout and puts the big 3 back in and the Hornets run away with it. Get Barry more minutes and more shot opportunities.

4. More effort and energy with rebounding.

5. Make free throws. I know the Spurs tend to suck from the line, but they need to start cashing in on their free opportunities.

6. Make open shots. They have had tons of open looks in this series. The Hornets are not playing great defense by any means, well except on Duncan in game 1. The Spurs are simply missing their shots.

7. Catch the passes....Stop fumbling passes. Several times last night and in game 1, there would be a nice clean pass, only to have the receiver of the pass bobble the ball and end up with a much tougher look or fumble it out of bounds, instead of having an easy uncontested shot. Fumbling the ball, allows the NO defense to close easier.

8. Get the ball to the open man. So many times in the first two games....there would be a Spurs sitting alone in the corner, only to have the ball swung to the opposite direction and into the teeth of the defense.

9. Can someone put a missing persons report out on Michael Finley....he has disappeared. I think his picture in on the back of milk cartons all over SA.

Hornets:
1. CP3 is playing out of his mind. He is playing with an arrogance about him. He is also getting every call. I dont want to hear about the Spurs flopping, cause Paul is pulling all kinds of shady tricks and the refs are buying what he is selling.

2. Peja is shooting lights out. Maybe the Spurs should cover him, what a novel idea huh.

3. West cooled off in game 2, came back down to Earth, but he is still playing well on both ends.

4. As a team, they were totally feeding off the crowd. They were pumped and energized. I am curious to see how they respond in the hostile environment that will be San Antonio.

5. They are not doing a good job of covering the Spurs shooters. They are giving up tons of open looks. Fortunately for them, the Spurs are building a new arena for them with all those bricks. However, they are doing a nice job of containing the Spurs penetrations into the paint. They are also doing a decent job of getting into the passing lanes.

Spurs in 6

GO SPURS GO
We struggled in the Phoenix series from 3 point range in fact we have struggled all year with inconsistencies from the perimeter.

Finely and Horry really need to be on the bench permanently Udoka has outplayed Finely the entire playoffs and needs to start in his place.

Horry has had one good play on Nash in game 5 with the strip other wise he has been toast and his shooting has been awful

Pop needs to change his bench out and quit going Larry Brown he is over relying on guys because they done it before for him. While guess what Pop they are not getting it done.

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
Kangaroo;2072738 said:
We struggled in the Phoenix series from 3 point range in fact we have struggled all year with inconsistencies from the perimeter.

They are shooting more threes in this series than they have all year (averaging 30 per game so far), and they aren't falling for them.

NO is doing a great job of closing those lanes for Parker and Ginobili (and Duncan for that matter). That is the key to this series. SA cannot win four out of the next five with their three point shooting.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Mavs Man;2072761 said:
They are shooting more threes in this series than they have all year (averaging 30 per game so far), and they aren't falling for them.

NO is doing a great job of closing those lanes for Parker and Ginobili (and Duncan for that matter). That is the key to this series. SA cannot win four out of the next five with their three point shooting.

true, but its not like we dont have guys that can consistenly hit threes, they just arent falling for them right now, ginobili has been taking wide open threes and missing them badly, i just hope we can get that turned around for the next two games and get on a hot streak. like you said, they are honing down on driving lanes and the inside game and pretty much ignoring the jump shooters, if we can start making some of those open shots, they will loosen up their D

Brandon

Benched
Reaction score
Spurs off-season needs.

Get rid out:

Finley
Horry
Berry
Vaughn
Thomas
&
Stoudimire

The team is too old and will be life and death to make the playoffs next year with a roster like this.

DCgirl13

Reaction score
zrinkill;2072588 said:
http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v210/zrinkill/SourGrapes.jpg

Nope, just glad that someone else other than the Spurs and Lakers are contenders this year.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Dreadnought;2072816 said:
Spurs off-season needs.

Get rid out:

Finley
Horry
Berry
Vaughn
Thomas
&
Stoudimire

The team is too old and will be life and death to make the playoffs next year with a roster like this.

I want to keep Berry and maybe Thomas

but get rid of the rest, as well as Oberto....and I am a fan of Fab....but he just doesn't have it anymore.

So bring back

Duncan
Parker
Manu
Bowen
Udoka
Bonner
Thomas
Berry

Bring in

Mahimni
Splitter
G/F in Free Agency

Draft

SG
PG
F/C

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Dreadnought;2073041 said:
Splitter is going to be a STUD.

i dont care what he looks like....i just want him to be a good player.

MC KAos

Reaction score
out of topic, but i present to you, the newest spurs fan, all 2 centimeters of him/her

http://i58.***BLOCKED***/albums/g274/fakemxcan/firstultrasound001.jpg

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
New Orleans and Utah class of WEST -

Lakers pls Gasol may make it interesting. I told Spurs fans months ago they were losing all those close games because their half court was flawed. 0-2 in deep do doo

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
MC KAos;2073202 said:
out of topic, but i present to you, the newest spurs fan, all 2 centimeters of him/her

Awesome! Congrats to you and the missus.

Get that kid a jersey!

Brandon

Benched
Reaction score
MC KAos;2073202 said:

:bow: