Official San Antonio Spurs Thread

cowheel

Reaction score
Biggems;2090620 said:
Nors **** you punk female dog...i am so sick and tired of your fairweather bandwagon POS self. you disgust me and make me sick. you are nothing but a 2 faced coward.

BTW, i dont care if i get warned or whatever by the mods...I am pissed of....and this guy talks all kinds of smack when his team wins or when ours lose......but he disappears like the groundhog who sees his shadow when his team loses and ours win.

That 4th quarter was totally bogus. The Lakers got every single call. Odom slipped on his own, when they called the foul on Finley. Fisher fell down on his own, when the called the foul on the Spurs. Gasol fouled Duncan on the wrist when they called the ball out on Duncan. Gasol was over the back on Duncan on every single rebound, no call. Gasol fouled Duncan on a few of his shooting attempts, no call. Get near Kobe, FOUL. Kobe shoves Bowen out of the way to go up by 2 with 20 seconds left.....should have been an offensive foul, but no call. Manu misses the 3 and is about to get the rebound, but Odom grabs his jersey and then tackles him. They call the foul on Finley and Sasha shoots 2 FTs to seal the deal.....

Bogus Bogus Bogus......The Spurs were robbed by the referees in this game.

With that being said. It didn't help that the Spurs couldn't make shots. They also passed up many open looks and turned the ball over way too much.

Still.....this is going to be a very short series if the Lakers continue to get the love they are getting from the refs. I expect Kobe to get love, but Gasol, Odom, Fisher, Turiaf? PATHETIC

Spurs in 6..........GO SPURS GO

Always with the refs~:rolleyes:
You lost. Move on to game 2 and stop making excuses.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
cowheel;2090788 said:

always with the refs? hardly. The calls in the 2nd half were completely one-sided and totally favored the home team....if you want to ignore that fine. But I have been on several forums and several fans have stated the same.

Right now the only call that bugs me is the no call when Odom tackled Manu after Manu missed the 3. We were only down 2. Manu would have been shooting FTs. He makes them it is tied with like 7 seconds left. Yes the Lakers get the last shot and Kobe probably makes it.....however, he could have also missed and the game gone to OT. Instead, all 3 refs allowed Odom to rip Manu's jersey off his back and then tackle him as if he were Earl Campbell, NO CALL....but Finley gets a foul for touching Sasha. I know when there is a lose ball, players will go for the ball and such, and there will be incidental bumping and pushing. But when a player is severely held and then tackled so he can't gain control of the ball, CALL THE FOUL.

Dont get me wrong...the Spurs helped. They passed up a ton of open shots in the 2nd half, only to try and force the issue and either miss a highly contested shot or turn it over. They did it time and again, especially in the 4th Quarter. When they did get open shots, they couldn't make them. So basically at 5:05 of the 3rd, their offense went M.I.A.

Finley pisses me off. Why shoot only 3s. Move in about 5 ft and make some midrange jumpers to get your timing down, then attack beyond the arc. All he did was shoot 3s and missed them all. Manu just didn't have it last night. I don't know if it was injury, fatigue, or merely just an off night....but he was just not Manu.

In game 2, the Spurs need to do a better job of containing Rad and Sasha. Kobe will definitely get his. Gasol will probably get his. Odom will disappear on his own if you can find a way to keep the offense in Kobe's hands.

I felt game 1 was our chance to steal 1 in LA.......I am kind of worried about game 2...but I still believe we can win it. It would be sweet to come back to SA tied 1-1.

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
Mavs Man;2090514 said:
The Lakers are going to need more than 2 points from Kobe in the second half for this to be a game.

Well, there you go. Kobe showed up.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
cowheel;2090788 said:

When teams blow a huge lead, thats what fans do. In no possible way could their team blow such a huge lead, has to be the refs, its the only way.

Fact of the matter is, the Spurs couldn't stop Kobe and the Spurs could not make an outside shot for the life of them.

Parker shot the way he shot from the outside in the regular season and Ginobili just had a horrible game.

They'll bounce back but the Lakers won't play that bad in the first half again either.

cowheel

Reaction score
Biggems;2090894 said:
always with the refs? hardly. The calls in the 2nd half were completely one-sided and totally favored the home team....if you want to ignore that fine. But I have been on several forums and several fans have stated the same.

Right now the only call that bugs me is the no call when Odom tackled Manu after Manu missed the 3. We were only down 2. Manu would have been shooting FTs. He makes them it is tied with like 7 seconds left. Yes the Lakers get the last shot and Kobe probably makes it.....however, he could have also missed and the game gone to OT. Instead, all 3 refs allowed Odom to rip Manu's jersey off his back and then tackle him as if he were Earl Campbell, NO CALL....but Finley gets a foul for touching Sasha. I know when there is a lose ball, players will go for the ball and such, and there will be incidental bumping and pushing. But when a player is severely held and then tackled so he can't gain control of the ball, CALL THE FOUL.

Dont get me wrong...the Spurs helped. They passed up a ton of open shots in the 2nd half, only to try and force the issue and either miss a highly contested shot or turn it over. They did it time and again, especially in the 4th Quarter. When they did get open shots, they couldn't make them. So basically at 5:05 of the 3rd, their offense went M.I.A.

Finley pisses me off. Why shoot only 3s. Move in about 5 ft and make some midrange jumpers to get your timing down, then attack beyond the arc. All he did was shoot 3s and missed them all. Manu just didn't have it last night. I don't know if it was injury, fatigue, or merely just an off night....but he was just not Manu.

In game 2, the Spurs need to do a better job of containing Rad and Sasha. Kobe will definitely get his. Gasol will probably get his. Odom will disappear on his own if you can find a way to keep the offense in Kobe's hands.

I felt game 1 was our chance to steal 1 in LA.......I am kind of worried about game 2...but I still believe we can win it. It would be sweet to come back to SA tied 1-1.

Geeeeeeez. Cease with the crying excuses.
Every NBA loss could be attributed to "bad calls". Gimme a break!

Calls always even out during a game.
For every good call the Lakers got in the 4th... they got a bad one in the
2nd... or vise versa.

Thats the NBA. Where u been?
Obviously not watching any Spurs games over the last decade.

Tim Duncan gets away with so many "over the backs" it's ridiculous.
And tha dirty Bruce Bowen should foul out the first quarter of every game he plays in!!!

All this coming from the fan of a team who has a Championship trophy because of a BAD call.

Stop crying man.
The only thing that happened to the Spurs in the 4th quarter was TOO MUCH KOBE.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
I feel so much better today. I was in a very foul mood last night, VERY FOUL.

This is what I want to see....I want to see more Barry and Horry in this series. I want to see Manu healthy. I want to see more Duncan abusing Gasol. I want to see Udoka more aggressive about looking to shoot when he gets the ball. I want to see Finley shooting more from 18-20 ft, than from 3 pt range. I want to see less turnovers, far less turnovers.

I wish I could watch the game again...well at least from the 5:05 mark in the 3rd when the Spurs were up by 20. It is amazing how quick the tide can turn isn't it. The Spurs got up to 20, and instantaneously, they forgot how to shoot.....They were missing open shots. They were passing up open shots only to turn the ball over. They were making weak, lazy passes that were getting stolen.

I actually didn't feel too bad entering the 4th....cause they only lost 1 pt off their halftime lead. However, that drought that ended the 3rd, carried over for the entire 4th. It was very brutal to watch.

I am so glad the Spurs are a great defensive team. Imagine how bad it would have gotten if they played pitiful defense.....The Lakers would have turned a 20 pt deficit into a 30 pt victory in 17 minutes.......

I still have my Spurs in 6.....GO SPURS GO

DCgirl13

Reaction score
Biggems;2090620 said:
That 4th quarter was totally bogus. The Lakers got every single call. Odom slipped on his own, when they called the foul on Finley. Fisher fell down on his own, when the called the foul on the Spurs. Gasol fouled Duncan on the wrist when they called the ball out on Duncan. Gasol was over the back on Duncan on every single rebound, no call. Gasol fouled Duncan on a few of his shooting attempts, no call. Get near Kobe, FOUL. Kobe shoves Bowen out of the way to go up by 2 with 20 seconds left.....should have been an offensive foul, but no call. Manu misses the 3 and is about to get the rebound, but Odom grabs his jersey and then tackles him. They call the foul on Finley and Sasha shoots 2 FTs to seal the deal.....

Bogus Bogus Bogus......The Spurs were robbed by the referees in this game.

Still.....this is going to be a very short series if the Lakers continue to get the love they are getting from the refs. I expect Kobe to get love, but Gasol, Odom, Fisher, Turiaf? PATHETIC

Hypocrite much? This sounds exactly like the same crap that you poke fun at Suns fans for. The refs don't flow a 20 point lead. Don't go and call Suns fans whiners when you are doing the exact same thing.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
DCgirl13;2091939 said:
Hypocrite much? This sounds exactly like the same crap that you poke fun at Suns fans for. The refs don't flow a 20 point lead. Don't go and call Suns fans whiners when you are doing the exact same thing.

that was right after the game........i was in an extremely foul mood...and the refs did suck.

however, i feel much better today and am more rational. The Spurs choked that game way with that disappearing offense of theirs.

I am glad that you are able to read the rest of the thread......oh wait, u didnt. you stopped at that post which took place immediately after the game, while I was full of anger and spite.

The Lakers get props for coming back and winning the game. The Spurs will win the series in 6. and Kobe proved last night that he was the right choice for MVP (as much as I hate him)......

GO SPURS GO

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
DCgirl13;2091939 said:
Don't go and call Suns fans whiners when you are doing the exact same thing.

I can continue calling them that though ...... right?

gazmc_06

Reaction score
The difference is though, the Spurs fans are only complaining about it for a day...Suns fans are still complaining about something that happened a year ago.

It was a very good game 1, setting up what should be a great series.

MC KAos

Reaction score
ok ive chilled out a bit, but i just wanna make it clear, it was the spurs fault that they couldnt hold the lead and lost and conversely i give much credit to the lakers for making it happen. but in the last two minutes of the games there were many, many bad calls or no calls and ALL of them favored the lakers. but the lakers deserve a lot of credit for being resilient and coming back from 20 down and playing GREAT D! anyway, its time to move on and forget about game 1 and move on to game 2 tonight

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
in the words of Jay-z "this game is over. I don't know if ya'll know you in a hole!"

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Spurs taking a beating tonight. All the signs were there. Offensively they go cold in spurts, usually late in games. Tonight its a 26 point beatdown mid 4th...