Official San Antonio Spurs Thread

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Nors;2093139 said:
thats a quality family orientated post. Spurs in big trouble here factually.

the coward cometh.....

Spurs are in the same trouble they were in against NO and we saw how they handled that.

The only issue they need to work on is making their shots. If they can make their shots they will be fine. Unfortunately they have struggled collectively as a team, whereas the Lakers as a team are all hitting everything they throw up.

I think the Spurs will go back to LA 2-2.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;2093147 said:
the coward cometh.....

Spurs are in the same trouble they were in against NO and we saw how they handled that.

The only issue they need to work on is making their shots. If they can make their shots they will be fine. Unfortunately they have struggled collectively as a team, whereas the Lakers as a team are all hitting everything they throw up.

I think the Spurs will go back to LA 2-2.

:showme:

MC KAos

Reaction score
well, at least we are going HOME, now, good thing we are still undefeated at HOME, which is were we are going, all we have to do is hold serve and not LOSE A HOME GAME and maybe steal game 5 or 7 in LA, which we can do, because, you know WE WON A ROAD GAME SO FAR THESE PLAYOFFS, cant say that for every team left in the playoffs

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
Ouch, the Spurs can't shoot worth crap.
Parkers is finally coming back to earth with his outside shooting.

Spurs are in a heap of trouble. No ref blaming tonight?

gazmc_06

Reaction score
I don't know what happened to you guy's last night, shooting wasn't there and the movement wasn't as crisp as it usually is...I'm gonna credit LA's defence for that, but there were still a few open looks getting away.

These next two games are crucial, San Antonio are a great home team, but we know we can win anywhere after going into Utah and winning (best home team in the league). I've no doubt you guy's will step it up at home, looking forward to game 3.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
ajk23az;2093237 said:
Ouch, the Spurs can't shoot worth crap.
Parkers is finally coming back to earth with his outside shooting.

Spurs are in a heap of trouble. No ref blaming tonight?

nope not today...the refs did suck in game 1, whether anyone wants to admit it or not.

However, since 5:05 of the 3rd quarter through last night.....the Spurs couldn't make it in the ocean....and the Lakers can miss.

What sucks is, had the Spurs not choked away game one, then they would be in a great position right now. They would have won the 1st game, and then Pop most likely would have sat Manu last night and let him get 3 days of rest and treatment on his ankle for game 3. But the Spurs lost game 1, Manu had to play in game 2....and the Spurs are coming back 0-2.

At least the next two games are here in SA.

GO SPURS GO

MC KAos

Reaction score
its a series of must win games for us, im pretty positive we are going to win game 3, then game four its gonna be a toss up, but if we can pull it off we will be right back in it, if we lose any of those two games its pretty much over for us.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Lakers deserved the beating they gave us once again ..... all props to the Lakers

gazmc_06

Reaction score
zrinkill;2093416 said:
Lakers deserved the beating they gave us once again ..... all props to the Lakers

That is another reason I like playing the Spurs, the fans are used to seing good basketball and they give credit were credit is due. I think you guys will step it up in game 3 at home, guess we'll see what happens in a couple of days. Good luck in Game 3.

Route 66

Reaction score
zrinkill;2093416 said:

Classy post. I look for the Spurs to put an absolute beat down on the Lake Show next game for sure.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Why?

Lakers are the better team and Spurs disappear offensively too much to be overcome.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Nors;2093448 said:
Why?

Lakers are the better team and Spurs disappear offensively too much to be overcome.

you mean disappear like how you do when the celtics lose?

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
I picked the Spurs in 6...and as long as there is life in the series, I will belive in my team.

If the Lakers win the next game, I will still believe the Spurs can win the series. If the Lakers, win the series and even sweep, I will still be a die hard Spurs fan. I have been a fan my entire life and I will always be a fan.

The Lakers are playing awesome right now. They can't freakin miss the last 5+ quarters. And even when they do miss a shot or turn it over, the Spurs turn around and do the same instead of taking advantage of the opportunities.

Kobe is playing like the MVP. Gasol is proving to be the biggest trade acquisition of the season. The Lakers role players are reminding me of the 95 Rockets.....they are just average players, but they are coming in and doing awesome things collectively. It will be very tough for the Spurs to win 4 of the next 5.....can they do it, Yes....will they, we will see. I believe they will. But that is up to the players to decide.

GO SPURS GO

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
MC KAos;2093502 said:
you mean disappear like how you do when the celtics lose?
413840657_31420ed564.jpg

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
For the record, I'm going on vacation all next week, so I probably won't be posting much.

I don't want anyone to get the idea that I'm disappearing just because my Spurs are struggling. :D

I was at a wedding rehearsal last night and didn't get to see that debacle. Doesn't look like I missed much.

Hopefully the series is still going on once I get back from my trip!

Route 66

Reaction score
Nors;2093448 said:
Why?

Spurs have shown to be quite furious at home after taking a sound beating and being down 0-2 so far. They should win the next one no problem.

MC KAos

Reaction score
well fellas, its due or die tonight, if we win its a series again, if we lose, we might as well start focusing on football season, or for some of us, euro 2008. Hopefully we can win tonight and make the series interesting again

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
This is the Lakers chance to come in and break Spurs.

They can't let Spurs hang around. I can see Kobe going on a 40 point tear.
I can also see Spurs winning this game - but offensively they have to get it fixed.

MC KAos

Reaction score
im telling you guys, the offense just seems to move better with oberto in there, he is such a good passer and one of the best cutters in the team. He has his deficiencies on the defensive end, but the offense just moves the ball better when he's on the court. im also glad to see bones playing better. i expected us to win this game, now game 4 is gonna be a toss up, either team can win i think, its gonna be hard to predict, but once again, if we lose i think it will be game over for us.