Official San Antonio Spurs Thread

MC KAos

Reaction score
Nors;1915980 said:
At some point you need to start to at least get concerned. Thats 5-5 last ten and only 17-10 in West.

At some point Spurs need to start winning at more than a .500 clip. Its not preseason, we are right at mid point of season.

to you its ALREADY mid season, to me and most spurs fans its ONLY mid season, im really not concerned, we are in decent shape in the standings and i know teams like the lakers arent gonna stay at the top of the standings very long while the spurs will win something like 56 games and be a top 4 seed, and thats all that really matters

Biggems;1915988 said:
I'm concerned with the offense. I am concerned that we aren't closing out all these games that we should be winning. However, it is only the middle of the season. As long as they are able to rectify this situation before the playoffs, that is all that matters. Better to struggle now, than in the postseason.....We are finally healthy and our continuity will come back soon.....no worries.

I think the biggest offensive problems stem from too much 1 on 1 play. Parker seems to be more of a ball hog lately. He runs down and throws up a shot instead of finding the open man. Also, the team is stagnant in the half court. They just stand at the 3pt line and wait for something to happen, instead of moving around, making some picks and so forth.....we need more motion in the offense, more ball movement. Once we start getting better ball movement, our offense will explode.

Our defense has played well, even during the losing streak........this losing is all on the offense.

the main problem with the offense is that the shots just arent falling right now, but again its better that they not fall now instead of in the playoffs like in 04 when no one could make an open 3 agains the lakers so in game 6 duncan took a couple

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
I agree,

it's only mid season. Celtics are starting to rest Pierce, Garnett, Allen more - past few weeks. We needed to pound the NBA early and coast to our next West Coast swing and Cloverfield the West. Our 11-0 record is very impressive against West.

I think our bench will be just fine in a 8 man rotation. It appears we are going to go with point forward look on 2nd team getting the ball in Allen's and Pierce's hands. For most part 1 of the big 3 is always on the court.

The weakness that the Spurs might be able to exploit is our Point. Then it becomes a tempo battle. If Celtics take the boards you can't run with us uptempo and our team defense I believe is #1 in NBA.

I await the showdown in the Alamo

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
MC KAos;1916008 said:
but again its better that they not fall now instead of in the playoffs like in 04 when no one could make an open 3 agains the lakers so in game 6 duncan took a couple

:laugh2:

I forgot about that.

That always gives me cause for concern when guys like him on my fantasy team start throwing up three pointers.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Nors;1916137 said:
The weakness that the Spurs might be able to exploit is our Point. Then it becomes a tempo battle. If Celtics take the boards you can't run with us uptempo

ya, thats what the suns said

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
MC KAos;1916409 said:
ya, thats what the suns said

You spend too much time in the past. Focus on what is now in your face. Your bench is OLD and you are going to have a matchup issue with Celtics and if you can't control tempo you are toast. And what Celtics can do to you in half court could be deadly to a team struggling to hit shots.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Nors;1916421 said:
You spend too much time in the past. Focus on what is now in your face. Your bench is OLD and you are going to have a matchup issue with Celtics and if you can't control tempo you are toast. And what Celtics can do to you in half court could be deadly to a team struggling to hit shots.

blah blah blah, every year its always the same story, last year the mavs were saying the same, in 05 it was the suns. I didnt realize that from one year to the other the spurs all of the sudden lost the ability to control tempo. Just last year the spurs played two of the top 3 scoring teams in the playoffs and held them to ten points less per game than they were scoring before facing the spurs. You are basing your arguments on the regular season, and im basing mine on the spurs history in past regular seasons and their turnaround come playoff time, its nothing new to me, thats why im not freaking out about us "struggling". That same history tells me that doc rivers will get beat like a red headed stepchild by a decent coach, garnett will choke in the playoffs, and if somehow the celtics make it to the finals and face the spurs ray allen will cry as he is getting powned by bowen, so if you want to give me evidence in the playoffs to point towards the celtics winning the championship id be happy to hear it.

ps last team to win a championship with the best regular season record were the spurs.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Nors;1916421 said:

why do u speak out of your rectum? you have no idea how the Spurs match up with the Celtics, since they have yet to play this year. Wait until they play, and then you can make these types of comments, if the Celtics outplay the Spurs.....but until then, enjoy your season.........while it lasts.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Biggems;1918030 said:
why do u speak out of your rectum? you have no idea how the Spurs match up with the Celtics, since they have yet to play this year. Wait until they play, and then you can make these types of comments, if the Celtics outplay the Spurs.....but until then, enjoy your season.........while it lasts.

even that doesnt matter, the spurs play every regular season game the same, they arent gonna "get up" for a game no matter who it is, its a game that the celtics cant really win. I can point out to last year and the sweep the cavs pulled off on the spurs as evidence, but nors wont care about that because its "ancient history".

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Spurs Win........Spurs Win........Spurs Win

we destroyed that juggernaut known as the Charlotte Bobcats.....WE RULE

GO SPURS GO

MC KAos

Reaction score
we beat the bobcats, just give us the trophy now, haha. but it is interesting that richardson started over oberto, kinda random. Udoka playing good!

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
And Dallas gets knocked out by an Eastern team. Good day for The Alamo's.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Has someone already started the "Spurs are to old" yearly argument?

:cool: One day it will finally happen ..... but come on people, its the same thing every year.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
zrinkill;1919746 said:
Has someone already started the "Spurs are to old" yearly argument?

:cool: One day it will finally happen ..... but come on people, its the same thing every year.

The bench on this team is too old. But they are the team to beat in 2008.

Time will tell. I think the bigger issue is the guards are too frail and could get exposed by a more physical back court:)

MC KAos

Reaction score
Nors;1919757 said:
The bench on this team is too old. But they are the team to beat in 2008.

Time will tell. I think the bigger issue is the guards are too frail and could get exposed by a more physical back court:)

haha, like 6-1 170 pound rajon rondo, or 200 pound ray allen? bowen and udoka are very physical, maybe you havent seen them play, a perfect example is the domination of billups by bowen in game 7 back in 05, it was a thing of beauty.

but ya, age is a concern, but its good that its a bench issue, not the starters. BTW the spurs have the highest scoring bench in the league

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
Nors;1919742 said:
And Dallas gets knocked out by an Eastern team. Good day for The Alamo's.

Funny you bring this up. Who did the Celtics lose that home and home to the other day? ;)

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Mavs Man;1919854 said:
Funny you bring this up. Who did the Celtics lose that home and home to the other day? ;)

Now you know they are good too!

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
MC KAos;1919807 said:
haha, like 6-1 170 pound rajon rondo, or 200 pound ray allen? bowen and udoka are very physical, maybe you havent seen them play, a perfect example is the domination of billups by bowen in game 7 back in 05, it was a thing of beauty.

but ya, age is a concern, but its good that its a bench issue, not the starters. BTW the spurs have the highest scoring bench in the league

Rondo is super athletic and 21. Your Parker is barely 180. Gino is a 6-6 200 pound soft player. Bowen at SF/G at 6-7 200 is what 36 and will have to deal with our 6-7 230 Paul Pierce. And we will be rotating 6-5 205 Ray Allen and 6-4 215 Tony Allen at ya. Pistons can also come at ya with Guards also.

Will be a good series if Spurs make it out of West.

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
Nors;1919907 said:
Now you know they are good too!

Too late, already knew - Washington beat Dallas at home earlier this season, so today they got the sweep.

Washington is proving to be another case of the Ewing Theory sans Arenas.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Nors;1919920 said:
Rondo is super athletic and 21. Your Parker is barely 180. Gino is a 6-6 200 pound soft player. Bowen at SF/G at 6-7 200 is what 36 and will have to deal with our 6-7 230 Paul Pierce. And we will be rotating 6-5 205 Ray Allen and 6-4 215 Tony Allen at ya. Pistons can also come at ya with Guards also.

Will be a good series if Spurs make it out of West.

the only time the spurs have struggled with "physical" guards was against the kings in 06 because of bonzi wells and ron artest, the only player on the celtics that comes even close to playing at that physical level is paul pierce, and look back ive never said anything bad about pierce, he is the only player on the celtics that concerns me. but if i was you id be worried about mental midget ray allen who gets upset because bruce bowen actually plays defense. hes the one that gets affected when being played physical and we have two players that will give him fits in bowen, who has proved time and time again he can shut down ray allen, and now udoka, who did a decent job on lebron the other night, a far more physical player than pierce.

ps playoff experience is more important than you think, and the celtics coach is still Doc Rivers right?