Official San Antonio Spurs Thread

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Spurs win........103-91

This was a great game. The Lakers owned the 1st half. But the Spurs showed their Championship moxie....suffocating and devouring the Lakers with their Silver and Black defense and some excellent 3 pt shooting. Also, Duncan decided to take it back to the bank again...

This was a great win before the start of the rodeo road trip....we finally beat a winning team for the first time in over a month.

On another positive note, PHX lost.......but the Mavs, Hornets and Nuggets won. The Lakers went from 3rd to 6th in one game......the Spurs are now 5th in the standings.

GO SPURS GO

MC KAos

Reaction score
ya, good win, spurs in second half=spurs around mid april

oh, and udoka=bowen with a mid range jumper! i really like that signing!

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
i liked the presigning better.......i loved the Ime thread on Spurs Report.......that was a classic

MC KAos

Reaction score
great win for us tonight, not playing well and pulling off a close win at the end, we havent been able to do that lately. IMO the best thing that is happening with the spurs right now is that Duncan is getting healthy and looks physically as good as hes looked in a long time!

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Doug Collins is a horrible announcer. He never knows what is going on in the game and his analysis is always off base. Heck during the game, it was tied and Collins is crowing about the Heat being down 4 or 6 and needing to take a timeout....what an idiot. Then he says the Heat outplayed the Spurs all night, but it was basically an even game throughout.

Also, I cannot stand all the love Wade gets from the refs. Vaughn didnt even touch him on one shot and Wade still drew the foul and got the 3 pt play. Then on the last play he was expecting the refs to bail him out and call the foul, but looked on in disbelief when the refs let em play and he ended up turning the ball over. Wade may be a great player, and I really liked him as a rookie. However, once he became the refs love child, I grew to despise him.

SA one another tough one, this one on the road......they now have a 3 game winning streak, and a 2 game road winning streak............and right now they have the exact same record that they had at this point last year. Consistency baby.

GO SPURS GO

MC KAos

Reaction score
Biggems;1925751 said:
Doug Collins is a horrible announcer. He never knows what is going on in the game and his analysis is always off base. Heck during the game, it was tied and Collins is crowing about the Heat being down 4 or 6 and needing to take a timeout....what an idiot. Then he says the Heat outplayed the Spurs all night, but it was basically an even game throughout.

Also, I cannot stand all the love Wade gets from the refs. Vaughn didnt even touch him on one shot and Wade still drew the foul and got the 3 pt play. Then on the last play he was expecting the refs to bail him out and call the foul, but looked on in disbelief when the refs let em play and he ended up turning the ball over. Wade may be a great player, and I really liked him as a rookie. However, once he became the refs love child, I grew to despise him.

SA one another tough one, this one on the road......they now have a 3 game winning streak, and a 2 game road winning streak............and right now they have the exact same record that they had at this point last year. Consistency baby.

GO SPURS GO

i got home from work halfway through the fourth quarter so i cant comment, but wade gets a lot of calls......so lets sign him in a couple of years when he opts out!!!

G-TP
G-Wade
F-udoka/drafted player
F-Duncan/mahinmi
C-Duncan/splitter

off the bench-ginobili

hmmmm, sounds good to me!!!

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
I would love for Wade to come here.........only because he does get mad love from the refs. However, I dont see that happening. SA never gets 5 star Free Agents. In fact, I cannot recall us ever getting 4 star Free Agents.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Nors;1915980 said:
At some point you need to start to at least get concerned. Thats 5-5 last ten and only 17-10 in West.

At some point Spurs need to start winning at more than a .500 clip. Its not preseason, we are right at mid point of season.

concerned enough to leave this part of the forum until mid April? not me.......but like Coolio says, if you cant take the heat get your donkey out the kitchen.........cause the Spurs on a mission.......come along and ride on a Fantastic Voyage........float float flippity float...on that river city barge with OBrien in toe.....

MC KAos

Reaction score
Biggems;1925767 said:
I would love for Wade to come here.........only because he does get mad love from the refs. However, I dont see that happening. SA never gets 5 star Free Agents. In fact, I cannot recall us ever getting 4 star Free Agents.

thats true, but all those five star free agents are kicking themselves in the *** right now (J. O'neal and kidd)

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
MC KAos;1925782 said:
thats true, but all those five star free agents are kicking themselves in the *** right now (J. O'neal and kidd)

Not sure how much good O'Neal could do on the Spurs. I know on paper he's huge, but lately he only plays 40-50 games a year.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Mavs Man;1925820 said:
Not sure how much good O'Neal could do on the Spurs. I know on paper he's huge, but lately he only plays 40-50 games a year.

Jermaine not Shaquille.........and this was a few years ago when he was very dominant

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
Biggems;1925767 said:

Why would you want 5 star free agents? You win because you don't have those type of players on your team. Be careful what you wish for

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
Biggems;1925751 said:

Honestly, as a Spurs fan, you are in no position to complain about the refs because your team gets away with more calls than any team in the NBA. Just ask Bruce Bowen.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
mr.jameswoods;1925913 said:
Why would you want 5 star free agents? You win because you don't have those type of players on your team. Be careful what you wish for

It depends on the FA......Wade was able to carry the Heat to the playoffs as a Rookie. He is a special type of player....but now that the refs have his back, I want him. With Wade, Duncan, and Manu.......we would own the league in FT attempts.

BTW, i know it would never happen.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
mr.jameswoods;1925914 said:
Honestly, as a Spurs fan, you are in no position to complain about the refs because your team gets away with more calls than any team in the NBA. Just ask Bruce Bowen.

wrong, but thanks for trolling and thanks for playing. Bowen gets away with calls? wow, that is a new one on me. I have never, ever heard of anyone claiming Bowen gets love from the refs. I have heard him called dirty and cheap....but never getting love from the refs. Oberto cant by a call. Udoka cant by a call. Manu and Parker get hacked all game long and hardly ever get to the line. Duncan has been getting beaten up the last few years and not getting the calls he did about 4-5 years ago.

You say I am not objective? Your hatred of the Spurs has made you totally subjective and biased against them. They step on the court for warm-ups and you are already calling them for a foul.....

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
Biggems;1925822 said:
Jermaine not Shaquille.........and this was a few years ago when he was very dominant

I know which O'Neal he meant (he said J. O'Neal).

Here are the facts on Jermaine O'Neal:

2004-05: 44 games
2005-06: 51 games
2006-07: 69 games

He's already missed 11 games this season (one less than Shaq), and he turns 30 in October. He's currently out with a knee injury, will for sure miss another two weeks, and possibly the rest of the season.

I know he was thinking of going to the Spurs several years ago, but I still don't know if he would have been on the court enough to make a difference.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Mavs Man;1926158 said:
I know which O'Neal he meant (he said J. O'Neal).

Here are the facts on Jermaine O'Neal:

2004-05: 44 games
2005-06: 51 games
2006-07: 69 games

He's already missed 11 games this season (one less than Shaq), and he turns 30 in October. He's currently out with a knee injury, will for sure miss another two weeks, and possibly the rest of the season.

I know he was thinking of going to the Spurs several years ago, but I still don't know if he would have been on the court enough to make a difference.

i didnt want him, always thought he was a punk....glad he is wasting away in Indy.....

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
Biggems;1926169 said:
i didnt want him, always thought he was a punk....glad he is wasting away in Indy.....

Hard to believe they won 61 games in 2003-04 and had the best record in the league.

MC KAos

Reaction score
mr.jameswoods;1925914 said:

the only player that ever gets love from the refs is duncan, and that has gone down recently. You should watch when lebron plays, he literally put his head down, ran over a spurs player and didnt get called for anything, its disgusting