***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Very much along the lines of what I was referring to.

I think my interests are among the majority of adult Disney+ subscribers. Those who have kids in the house are likely to subscribe every month anyway. But those like me are there for the Star Wars and Marvel stuff. When they were coming out every month? Take my money. If that stops? I will likely base my subscription accordingly.

I think Disney has plenty of other places to look to ‘trim the fat’.

Saw some blurb that they are bringing the Rey character back for another star wars movie. Thought it was an april fools day joke but it seemed to be legit

As far as Disney plus goes.

I get it for a month and cancel it for a few months. Wait till a new series is on I want to watch and get it and cancel it when done.

Just not enough new content on there to keep every month

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Saw some blurb that they are bringing the Rey character back for another star wars movie. Thought it was an april fools day joke but it seemed to be legit

As far as Disney plus goes.

I get it for a month and cancel it for a few months. Wait till a new series is on I want to watch and get it and cancel it when done.

Just not enough new content on there to keep every month
I had been paying for it yearly at a discount, but I might change to a schedule like yours.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Very much along the lines of what I was referring to.

I think my interests are among the majority of adult Disney+ subscribers. Those who have kids in the house are likely to subscribe every month anyway. But those like me are there for the Star Wars and Marvel stuff. When they were coming out every month? Take my money. If that stops? I will likely base my subscription accordingly.

I think Disney has plenty of other places to look to ‘trim the fat’.
Interesting that when they passed Netflix in subscribers to be #1, several analysts of streaming predicted they would begin to slow the content and increase prices and Netflix would continue to produce it because that is Netflix's real advantage, they do push the product out.

It's not all quality but when you go to their site, you see new things and not the same old stuff at Disney+.

While Netflix focuses on content quantity, I think Amazon is more into the quality part and I wonder how many subscribers they have that are not there because of a Prime membership?

I have also noticed Netflix making earlier calls on additional seasons of their new product. They seem to keep their fingers on the pulse of their subscribers better than any of the others.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
79YlGgj.gif

If this episode does not impress about the series or its place in the Star Wars franchise, well, okay.

:starspin:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
79YlGgj.gif

If this episode does not impress about the series or its place in the Star Wars franchise, well, okay.

I agree completely. That was close to watching a movie, given how much action and story development took place. I love that they’re not simply putting out one-off episodes but world-building and filling in the gaps between trilogies.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree completely. That was close to watching a movie, given how much action and story development took place. I love that they’re not simply putting out one-off episodes but world-building and filling in the gaps between trilogies.
Plus, fully integrating the various animated series' material. I have no doubt now that Ahsoka will flow seamlessly (at least with certain story elements) from The Mandalorian's season three conclusion.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Plus, fully integrating the various animated series' material. I have no doubt now that Ahsoka will flow seamlessly (at least with certain story elements) from The Mandalorian's season three conclusion.
I have to think that there will be some sort of a ‘through line’ directly linking them, if not characters appearing in both.

Thankfully for us fans, they picked the right people in Favreau and Filoni to run the TV series.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
79YlGgj.gif

I think I've enjoyed all the Star Wars TV shows more than I did all recent movies except for Rogue One.

And I enjoy them more than the other alternative on Disney Plus - the Marvel shows.

Mandalorian and Andor are in a class by themself though. I keep waiting for Mandalorian to do the mid-series dive, but it keeps impressing.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mandalorian and Andor are in a class by themself though.
I have nothing to go on right now but I have a feeling Ahsoka will be better than Andor and The Mandalorian. Casting is superb for the primary characters. Rosario Dawson as adult Ahsoka is perfection in both look and acting talent. Lars Mikkelsen makes the transition from voice to live action as Grand Admiral Thrawn, like Ahsoka, is one of the best characters much of the audience has no clue about. The same can be said of Hera Syndulla, who will be played by Mary Elizabeth Winstead.

Two new additional characters will be played by a pair of actors who should spice things way up. Ray Stevenson as Baylon Skoll (perhaps a Sith?). The Expanse's Wes Chatham will be introduced as 'Captain Enoch', Thrawn's right hand man.

I could be wrong. However, I doubt it will stumble like Obi-Wan Kenobi in story presentation. I think it should be as cohesive and planned as Andor.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
We just started watching The Witcher series.
I like it. My wife loves it. I think it's a Cavill thing.
I don't blame her. I have a thing for him too, lol.
Because he plays Warhammer 40K, duh.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Pretty cool article about all the Easter eggs so far in season 3 of "The Mandalorian". I caught some, but there's plenty of deep cuts for the super geeks out there, references from other Star Wars titles, video games, etc and nods to some things outside the Star Wars universe. I always like when shows have a plethora of Easter eggs, fun to catch as many as I can.......

Easter Eggs You Missed In The Mandalorian Season 3

Read More: https://www.looper.com/1214274/easter-eggs-you-missed-in-the-mandalorian-season-3/