***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

Creeper

Reaction score
Watching season 3 of the Witcher.

I know people have told me previously that Henry Cavill’s portrayal of Geralt is spot-on but the script writing is so one-dimensional.

I’m a fan of Anya Chalotra…I leave it at that
I just caught the first episode. It's a fun show. I am looking forward to the next few episodes.

John813

Reaction score
Don't get Netflix splitting seasons in two. Either binge watch the entire season or release the episodes weekly.
There's so many story lines in the series. To me, it's hard enough to remember what happened in season 1, that has implications in season 3.

Creeper

Reaction score
Don't get Netflix splitting seasons in two. Either binge watch the entire season or release the episodes weekly.
There's so many story lines in the series. To me, it's hard enough to remember what happened in season 1, that has implications in season 3.
This is one of my gripes about taking 3 years to release a new season of an series. I forget what happened in prior seasons. The Witcher wasn't even that bad.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Watched The Idol on Max. It was only 5 episodes long. That was an.......interesting.......show. lol Not really sure what to think about it honestly. Lily-Rose Depp definitely has no problem baring it all, that's for sure. She has a unique face and I can't decide if I think she is attractive or not, but she does have a nice little rear.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Witcher....really
Wow that was a snooze fest of a first half of this season.
We waited all that time for that? Second half needs to make up a great deal of ground because if it continues to be a snooze fest and they end up replacing the lead actor it could be the end for that show. However maybe it turns out for the better as frankly I do not recall a more overrated job when it comes to an actor and character. Henry really does not do anything to make the character stand out much although that could also be the writing and directing as well.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Witcher....really
We waited all that time for that? Second half needs to make up a great deal of ground because if it continues to be a snooze fest and they end up replacing the lead actor it could be the end for that show. However maybe it turns out for the better as frankly I do not recall a more overrated job when it comes to an actor and character. Henry really does not do anything to make the character stand out much although that could also be the writing and directing as well.
It’s awful. And this is coming from someone that’s watched every episode and will continue to do so.

They must have gotten the script writers from Xena the Princess Warrior or Hercules from back in the late 90s. It’s that level bad.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Witcher....really
Glad to know it wasn't just me because when I got to ep 5 I thought OK, it's taking off now. Damn, they slowed it down even more with that lame party and everyone in the room trying to look guilty of something.

I think they tried to GOT it but they haven't developed the characters as far as GOT did where the drama equaled the action. I look at everyone except Gerault as Monster Chow.

I agree, Cavill's delivery is bad and uninspired and I am tired of trying to understand his mumbling. Is he channeling Brando in The Godfather?

Last edited by a moderator:

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Interesting how at Rotten Tomatoes, The Witcher Season 3 has 86% from critics but 33% from audience. Rare to see that type of divide.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Lincoln Lawyer, Netflix, Season 2.

In their new plan to keep customers for at least two months, they dropped half the 2nd season's episodes and the other follows on 8/3. This will be the new norm, no more whole season at once but at least they're not feeding me a week at a time.

Manuel Garcia-Rulfo is a really good Mickey Haller, just as Titus Welliver was the perfect Bosch in Connolly's other series. Good casting in this series as they follow one main story line during each series with little spinoffs along the way.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tom Segura, Sledgehammer, Netflix.

I am a big fan of his and I think he might have gone overboard on the gummies before this performance, he was acting really weird at times, even for him. Something was really funny to him. The title is part of a really funny bit and a true gotchya no one saw coming.

visionary

Reaction score
Glad to know it wasn't just me because when I got to ep 5 I thought OK, it's taking off now. Damn, they slowed it down even more with that lame party and everyone in the room trying to look guilty of something.

I think they tried to GOT it but they haven't developed the characters as far as GOT did where the drama equaled the action. I look at everyone except Gerault as Monster Chow.

I agree, Cavill's delivery is bad and uninspired and I am tired of trying to understand his mumbling. Is he channeling Brando in The Godfather?
I think the difference is the quality of story and writing

Can’t beat something made well from a well written book series

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I recently got hooked on all the Planet series narrated by David Attenborough and those are the best produced docs I've ever seen.

The narration is beyond compare, the music is great and the photography amazing. I've watched all of them and even dove into the Serengeti series where they actually give names to the animals and they become actors in the story and the narration is very good.

They're on Netflix and Max.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Newer Documentary on Unknown lost pyramid on netflix was pretty good.
However I kind of wished they waited another year to put it out. Maybe they will next year.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
I recently got hooked on all the Planet series narrated by David Attenborough and those are the best produced docs I've ever seen.

The narration is beyond compare, the music is great and the photography amazing. I've watched all of them and even dove into the Serengeti series where they actually give names to the animals and they become actors in the story and the narration is very good.

They're on Netflix and Max.
Pretty much all I watch is nature shows and documentaries. I don't recognize 80% of the programs discussed in this thread. The best one I've ever seen was Human Planet narrated by John Hurt. He's not as good as Sir David Attenborough, but the series was fantastic. Planet Earth Africa from 2013 would be my close second.