***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just started watching Suits, on Netflix. Never heard of it before but it showed up on Netflix as a show to watch. I am enjoying it so far. It's fun, clever at times, and not as stupid as many shows get after the first episode.

Megan Markle doesn't bother me as an actress but she really is not great at it. I also find her a little bit weird looking but I won't be too critical.
Watched it when it first came out and enjoyed it and began a re-watch last week and up to season 4.

I noticed this before but not to the degree that I have this time. Notice the great looking women in the background just walking down the halls.

And speaking of walks, Donna and Jessica walk like those things from Attack of the Clones, they glide. And they really accent Jessica's tushy.

And I liked Rick Hoffman the first go round but he is by far my favorite character this time, Get Litt Up!!!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Just started watching Suits, on Netflix. Never heard of it before but it showed up on Netflix as a show to watch. I am enjoying it so far. It's fun, clever at times, and not as stupid as many shows get after the first episode.

Megan Markle doesn't bother me as an actress but she really is not great at it. I also find her a little bit weird looking but I won't be too critical.
I think she has a gorgeous face. The rest seems to be pieced together from different bodies.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Watched it when it first came out and enjoyed it and began a re-watch last week and up to season 4.

I noticed this before but not to the degree that I have this time. Notice the great looking women in the background just walking down the halls.

And speaking of walks, Donna and Jessica walk like those things from Attack of the Clones, they glide. And they really accent Jessica's tushy.

And I liked Rick Hoffman the first go round but he is by far my favorite character this time, Get Litt Up!!!
I noticed those women a lot too. I think they want you to notice them, but not enough to show up the main characters.

As for Hoffman, it took a while for me to like him, but he's still hard to look at sometimes. I have to say, that growl of his, when he gets really pissed, is surprisingly impressive.

Creeper

Reaction score

I noticed that. Having worked in that very building years ago (Citicorp Center) I have roamed the halls of a number of floors from time to time and I do not recall seeing more than 1 or 2 hotties the whole time. In Suits, they are all hotties. In real life every woman on the floor is not hot! But it's something I don't think I will struggle with watching the show.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Everything seems to be going up a dollar here a dollar there these days. I am not sure Peacock is worth an increase since it is basically commercial TV you pay to stream.
All of the networks want to charge a lot more than they are, so they start with a low cost and slowly increase the price every so often to figure out where the breaking point is with subscribers.

When a price increase leads to a higher than expected number of subscription cancellations, they will likely offer "special deals" (previous pricing) to those who cancelled after the last price increase while letting the ones who did nothing pay the higher rates.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When streaming started to become a thing research was done to ascertain how the customers viewed it as a budgetary service for their home.

This was done 2 years ago and I haven’t seen any updates to it but 4 streamers at $40 per month was the result back then.

What wasn’t mentioned was how Amazon Prime was considered. To me, it is a bonus because of the shipping service, which is how it started.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When streaming started to become a thing research was done to ascertain how the customers viewed it as a budgetary service for their home.

This was done 2 years ago and I haven’t seen any updates to it but 4 streamers at $40 per month was the result back then.

What wasn’t mentioned was how Amazon Prime was considered. To me, it is a bonus because of the shipping service, which is how it started.
When Youtube TV came out in 2017, I almost got it. It was $35/month and seemed reasonable.

Then in 2019, they increased it to $50/month. A year later they increased it to $65/month. Most recently they increased the price to $73/month.

I get that they probably added a few more channels but they also lost some key channels as well.

Just like most streaming services though, they offered low prices to undersell the competition back then from cable/satellite providers while intending all along to raise the rates once they got people switched over and complacent in paying for it.

I wonder how long it will be before all streaming services start charging $20 per month.

Make no mistake, that's where it is headed and from $20 per month, it's just an easy progression to $25 and $30 per month.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Got the e-mail from them yesterday and thought "of course" when I was looking at it. We have about 4-5 streaming services and I think we might try to cut at least 1. It's just a hard decision because each service has some content that ropes you in. I initially got Peacock for 1 show, finished it, and was then going to cancel it. Their content did not impress me. Well it has gotten way better, and we find ourselves using it a lot, so now the decision making becomes tough again. I keep leaning toward Paramount getting the axe though. We'll see. lol

Decisions decisions. :laugh:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Got the e-mail from them yesterday and thought "of course" when I was looking at it. We have about 4-5 streaming services and I think we might try to cut at least 1. It's just a hard decision because each service has some content that ropes you in. I initially got Peacock for 1 show, finished it, and was then going to cancel it. Their content did not impress me. Well it has gotten way better, and we find ourselves using it a lot, so now the decision making becomes tough again. I keep leaning toward Paramount getting the axe though. We'll see. lol

Decisions decisions. :laugh:
Or you could have one less drink when you go out for dinner. :cool:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Or you could have one less drink when you go out for dinner. :cool:

giphy.gif

Creeper

Reaction score
Just finished Season 2 Pat 1 of the Lincoln Lawyer. I kind of like this show. Not great but entertaining.

However, I am growing concerned about this practice of releasing series in multiple parts. Just release the entire season! It looks like this is a practice Netflix intends to adopt for all or most of their new series or seasons. Part 1 of Lincoln Lawyer is 5 episodes or just 1 episode more than half a typical season. Of course Part 1 ends with a cliffhanger. I find this annoying.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just finished Season 2 Pat 1 of the Lincoln Lawyer. I kind of like this show. Not great but entertaining.

However, I am growing concerned about this practice of releasing series in multiple parts. Just release the entire season! It looks like this is a practice Netflix intends to adopt for all or most of their new series or seasons. Part 1 of Lincoln Lawyer is 5 episodes or just 1 episode more than half a typical season. Of course Part 1 ends with a cliffhanger. I find this annoying.
I am afraid that's going to be the norm, the fight to retain streaming customers will be far more dramatic than cable vs sat. Big pie with hungry streamers.

Notice how they are dividing those parts but at least we got 5 instead of 1 so I am ok but then I wasn't going to dump them anyway, they're still #1 because of content to me.

Just saw where Peacock eliminated their lower level non-comm package. They figure they will come out ahead with the $2 increase vs the churn rate over $2.