***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I just want to know when season 04 of The Boys is going to drop. I've read rumors on the internet about early 2024.

I'm also patiently waiting for season 02 of the The Peacemaker. That was one show I went into thinking, "I don't know about this" and it blew me away. I loved it.

Creeper

Reaction score
I just want to know when season 04 of The Boys is going to drop. I've read rumors on the internet about early 2024.

I'm also patiently waiting for season 02 of the The Peacemaker. That was one show I went into thinking, "I don't know about this" and it blew me away. I loved it.
Good question. It seems like The Boys is overdue. I am looking forward to The Peripheral season 2 on Amazon as well. I read that is not coming out until sometime in 2024.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good question. It seems like The Boys is overdue. I am looking forward to The Peripheral season 2 on Amazon as well. I read that is not coming out until sometime in 2024.
Might be the impact of the writers' strike, which now looks like the SAG actors are joining them.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
S2: E5 of Start Trek: Strange New Worlds.

This is the first episode in which I've been disappointed. It's like they were making an episode of The Orville .

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
S2: E5 of Start Trek: Strange New Worlds.

This is the first episode in which I've been disappointed. It's like they were making an episode of The Orville .
I knew there was a reason I have never wanted to watch The Orville. :muttley:The show has been strongly hinting at the forbidden love sub-plot since day one. I admit the episode could have been better but I am enjoying how they are meshing the sub-plot with the continuity of The Original Series. It was hinted at way too often in the usual 'oh no! the audience will not be able to handle this!' 1960's television fashion. :rolleyes:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I knew there was a reason I have never wanted to watch The Orville. :muttley:The show has been strongly hinting at the forbidden love sub-plot since day one. I admit the episode could have been better but I am enjoying how they are meshing the sub-plot with the continuity of The Original Series. It was hinted at way too often in the usual 'oh no! the audience will not be able to handle this!' 1960's television fashion. :rolleyes:
The romance part doesn't bother me. After all, as you said that's been there since TOS. It's the silly "Oops, the godlike super beings screwed up, but isn't it hilarious?" part of the story I didn't like.

BTW, I liked The Orville. It wasn't trying to be Star Trek. It was meant to be a lighthearted, comedic scifi show.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The romance part doesn't bother me. After all, as you said that's been there since TOS. It's the silly "Oops, the godlike super beings screwed up, but isn't it hilarious?" part of the story I didn't like.
Part of my disagreement is similar but not the same. I did not have a problem with the long lost seemingly omnipotent race being flawed. I think it is a good balancing act for the Organians and The Q and Bajoran wormhole aliens, etc. seen before in Star Trek. Just being advanced should not make anyone perfect since 'all-knowledge' should not be obtainable for practically any beings. Just my opinion.

No. What got me was the cavalier way a shuttlecraft is piloted into the same temporal anomaly that crashed one before it. And I do not think Ortegas is that good of a pilot that she pulled it off without a scratch. And why did the second shuttlecraft crew get transported so easily into the dimensional 'lobby' without knowing what the heck would happen while the Spock and Chapel did not? The race knows how dangerous their front door is BUT they were caught off guard before but the second time 'Blue' was watching for another incursion..?

Then there was T'Pring's father. The actor played Sevet like Laurence Luckinbill acted as Sybok in Star Trek: The Final Frontier. The guy, fully Vulcan mind you, was almost as emotional as a HUMAN Spock!

Lastly, I know there is personality differences for PIke and Kirk but seeing Anson Mount seem really clueless is not a good look in my view. He was lost trying to distract with charades to the point that he could not explain charades without stuttering? He is a Starfleet Captain for goodness sakes! Be funny but do not make him look ignorant too.

BTW, I liked The Orville. It wasn't trying to be Star Trek. It was meant to be a lighthearted, comedic scifi show.
I agree Seth MacFarlane was not trying to make remake Star Trek as The Orville. I am actually thankful he didn't. The show's format has never appealed to me. Big fan of his Family Guy but not that show.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
So been trying to catch up on best Black Mirror episodes I missed.

https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/article/black-mirror-best-episodes/

If not familiar with it, sort of Twilight Zone meets modern technology.

Great show. Like watching a screwed up short story each episode, but recommend the link above so can filter through the ho-hum episodes.

Just watched Demon79 from the newest season, one of the few that is supernatural/horror, and enjoyed every second.

Highly recommend this show.

Creeper

Reaction score
I finished The Witcher, season 3 part 1. I still like this show. It is fun to watch. I guess I should have expected the end of episode 5 given the way the shows it being released by Netflix. I am looking forward to the next release.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
Watched all of Quarterback on Netflix. Really don't understand why they picked Marcus Mariota as one, but all 3 stories were awesome and some of the views and high def audio with the behind the scenes stuff was awesome. I even have respect for Cousins lol. Good stuff. Mahomes is really a legend.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Watched all of Quarterback on Netflix. Really don't understand why they picked Marcus Mariota as one, but all 3 stories were awesome and some of the views and high def audio with the behind the scenes stuff was awesome. I even have respect for Cousins lol. Good stuff. Mahomes is really a legend.
Yeah I thought Mariota was an interesting pick as well. I do get it from the standpoint of covering the entire spectrum of QB talent though. You have a superstar (Mahomes), a middle of the road QB (Cousins), and a fringe player trying to stay on a roster (Mariota).

I still need to finish it, but I am enjoying it immensely so far.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I am making it a mission to tell as many people about this show. 3 seasons. 26 episodes. Acting A plus. Story and action A plus. The best TV show in Australian history. Criminally unknown in the US.

gtb1943

Reaction score
I am making it a mission to tell as many people about this show. 3 seasons. 26 episodes. Acting A plus. Story and action A plus. The best TV show in Australian history. Criminally unknown in the US.
Please give a synopsis. You saying its great is nice but does not mean much.

Creeper

Reaction score
Just started watching Suits, on Netflix. Never heard of it before but it showed up on Netflix as a show to watch. I am enjoying it so far. It's fun, clever at times, and not as stupid as many shows get after the first episode.

Megan Markle doesn't bother me as an actress but she really is not great at it. I also find her a little bit weird looking but I won't be too critical.