***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Watched Oppenheimer last night.

I’m a big Christopher Nolan fan but I’m not sure this would rank high in my favorite list of his films.

The movie has sort of a feverish pace. I understood the overarching storyline of the film but found the plot(s) difficult to follow.

Granted, by the time I watched it, I was three beers deep and had a headache.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Jack Ryan - Netflix

Excellent way to end the series. I liked every season, but season 4 is a 9/10 for me. The acting, story, characters, and action are all top notch.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Watched it when it first came out and enjoyed it and began a re-watch last week and up to season 4.

I noticed this before but not to the degree that I have this time. Notice the great looking women in the background just walking down the halls.

And speaking of walks, Donna and Jessica walk like those things from Attack of the Clones, they glide. And they really accent Jessica's tushy.

And I liked Rick Hoffman the first go round but he is by far my favorite character this time, Get Litt Up!!!
Something else I just noticed: Every time someone barges into the bathroom looking for someone, they always find them there, washing their hands.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Something else I just noticed: Every time someone barges into the bathroom looking for someone, they always find them there, washing their hands.
That or going to their house and finding them approaching it or finding them on the street among 9M people. Usually, getting a bagel.

The first thing you have to do with Suits is suspend any legal reality and just appreciate the drama and scenery until they ridiculously come up with the solution in the last 3 minutes.

And how quickly the other parties give in.

"You are ugly, sign this stating you are ugly".

'No, I am not".

"I looked at you and you are ugly, look in the mirror"

"I looked in the mirror and you are right, where do I sign"?

Creeper

Reaction score
That or going to their house and finding them approaching it or finding them on the street among 9M people. Usually, getting a bagel.

The first thing you have to do with Suits is suspend any legal reality and just appreciate the drama and scenery until they ridiculously come up with the solution in the last 3 minutes.

And how quickly the other parties give in.

"You are ugly, sign this stating you are ugly".

'No, I am not".

"I looked at you and you are ugly, look in the mirror"

"I looked in the mirror and you are right, where do I sign"?
First, bagels at those coffee carts in NYC are never fresh. They are the worst bagels in the city.

And yes, most of the legal nonsense in the show is far from real law. Start with the fact that every time Mike Ross works on a case, Pearson Hardman is committing a felony and defrauding their clients. The consequences for Harvey and Jessica in the real world would be career ending. But much of the rest of the law stuff does not align with reality. For example, NDAs that restrict someone from reporting illegal activity they are obligated to report, such as a law partner who finds embezzlement in the company, are unenforceable.

Finally, while I am aware that many office dalliances have taken place in offices and conference rooms, in my 36 years in the corporate world I never heard of one taking place in the middle of the day while everyone was milling around. It makes me wonder what goes on in the offices of Hollywood execs. Side note, I still think Megan Markle is weirdly shaped. And I still don't get why Prince Harry got so aroused by the scene in the documents room with Rachel and Mike. I thought that scene was comical.

I am only starting season 3 and I like the show but I wonder how do they keep this going to 8 seasons. It is already getting repetitious.

Last edited by a moderator:

FloridaRob

Reaction score
First, bagels at those coffee carts in NYC are never fresh. They are the worst bagels in the city.

Finally, while I am aware that many office dalliances have taken place in offices and conference rooms, in my 36 years in the corporate world I never heard of one taking place in the middle of the day while everyone was milling around. It makes me wonder what goes on in the offices of Hollywood execs. Side note, I still think Megan Markle is weirdly shaped. And I still don't get why Prince Harry got so aroused by the scene in the documents room with Rachel and Mike. I thought that scene was comical.

I am only starting season 3 and I like the show but I wonder how do they keep this going to 8 seasons. It is already getting repetitious.
My wife and I just finished the series a couple of weeks ago. We did like it. Yea, some of the legal stuff got repetitious especially to the end but I actually thought the last couple of seasons were two of the best. Rick Hoffman deserved an award for his character. Just so you know, the last season is not on Netflix. It is on Prime. Prime had the whole series before Netflix but when they released it to Netflix they kept season 9. The show kind of humanized Megan Markle. I kept telling my wife the show is not show is not how she is real life.

Last edited by a moderator:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My wife and I just finished the series a couple of weeks ago. We did like it. Yea, some of the legal stuff got repetitious especially to the end but I actually thought the last couple of seasons were two of the best. Rick Hoffman deserved an award for his character. Just so you know, the last season is not on Netflix. It is on Prime. Prime had the whole series before Netflix but when they released it to Netflix they kept season 9. The show kind of humanized Megan Markle. I kept telling my wife the show is not show is not how she is real life.
To me it was actually Lit’s story after all.

No character I’ve seen can match the number of times he self-destructed and was saved.

He mastered the mood walks. You know exactly what he’s going to do based on his walk.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

No character I’ve seen can match the number of times he self-destructed and was saved.

He mastered the mood walks. You know exactly what he’s going to do based on his walk.
I love his sessions with the psychologist... especially his reaction the first time they met.

Creeper

Reaction score
Thanks. I didn't realize the last season was on Prime, which I have as well. My wife thinks Megan Markle is a decent actress. I think she is mediocre at best but it is not worth a debate.

Creeper

Reaction score

Don't you think, considering his situation as a fraud, Mike Ross got away with a lot of stuff and didn't get fired? Some of the things he said to Jessica and Harvey would get more people fired on the spot.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thanks. I didn't realize the last season was on Prime, which I have as well. My wife thinks Megan Markle is a decent actress. I think she is mediocre at best but it is not worth a debate.
I agree with you. The best actresses to me are the ones that play Scottie and Katrina.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't you think, considering his situation as a fraud, Mike Ross got away with a lot of stuff and didn't get fired? Some of the things he said to Jessica and Harvey would get more people fired on the spot.
Absolutely he'd been long gone.

But to me, it's Lewis Litt's solar system and he is the sun. Everyone else seems to be passing through his world, one of confusion and emotional chaos.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Poker Face - Seen it advertised on Peacock quite a bit lately, but honestly didn't think much of it. It automatically started after a show the wife and I were watching finished, so we just kept it on, not knowing what else to watch.

We're now two episodes into the show and we are both pleasantly surprised and are enjoying it. I'm officially in on this and look forward to watching the entire season.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Anybody watching Hijack on AppleTV. I binged it over the weekend. I figured it would be just a typical Hijack an airplane vibe to it but it actually pulls you in where you have to keep watching it.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Anybody watching Hijack on AppleTV. I binged it over the weekend. I figured it would be just a typical Hijack an airplane vibe to it but it actually pulls you in where you have to keep watching it.
Waiting for the episodes to load, sounds like they have, Apple likes to dish them out weekly.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Anybody a fan of English comedian and Actor Greg Davies?

He had a bit spot in the Inbetweeners comedy show and movies.
Was in a funny show called Man Down
Was in another comedy series Threes cuckoo that I never watched.
Guest spots in comedy series/game show 8 out of 9 cats which is hillarious

He has a newer show called The Cleaner that looks decent but I have not seen any of the episodes.

Recently I have been watching the Show called Taskmaster which is a comedy game show. He is the main host of it and I have been enjoying it,
Only made it through the first season so far, there seems to be 14 with each season being 10 episodes or less.

You can find it here free on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/@Taskmaster/playlists

Again this is all English shows so if you do well with English humor you might enjoy it

Although I would suggest watching the 8 out of 10 cats does countdown for some good laughs

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Whoever reads this…hear me…

Mr Inbetween. It’s on Hulu.

10 out of 10

You are welcome.
It's funny, just started watching it and getting ready to start season 3, great series so far. The best Australian crime series, is the first season of "Underbelly". Each season tells a different time and events from Australian criminal history, most are pretty good some are kinda 'meh', but that first season is gold.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
Been enjoying Star Trek Strange New Worlds. I didn't realize I was a week behind. I just watched last week's episode last night.
I thought the Lower Decks crossover was great. When it started, I wondered if the whole episode would be animated. Live-action Boimler and Mariner were actually fun to see. The added touch of SNW being animated at the end was entertaining. Though had they animated the whole show they could have, after Boimler time travels, change to that Filmation style like the animated original series.

Still trying to figure out who the actress playing Nurse Chapel reminds me of. May have mentioned that in the past.