***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I like the new one.
But I think the original one for the most part had better actors for the roles. I really do not like the actor playing Anjin on the new one.
It's getting better as it goes along, as is he, IMO.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Saw 7 more episodes of Patriots: The Dynasty on Apple+. I believe there is one more left. Highly recommend this for all you football fans. Great watch! I have enjoyed this every bit as much as I did The Last Dance on the 90's Bulls Dynasty. Really puts it into perspective how Brady eventually became a "hated" icon by the fans but you come out of that show with a ton of respect for him. And all the crap that happened those years with the Pats.. Aaron Herndandez, SpyGate, Inflategate, 17-0 lose in Super Bowl... makes our Boys look a little tame in their 90's Dynasty. After watching this, I am glad the Cowboys didn't hire Belichick and not sure I want to see him here.

Some highlights:
  • They covered the Bill Parcells first rebuild in episode 3. No love lost between Kraft and Parcells. Almost feels like Jimmy/Jerry, maybe that's how Bill & Jerry made it work? Bill still blames Kraft for the split because Kraft wanted guys that didn't report to Bill and he didn't consider capable as Draft Scouts. Kraft claims that Parcells is a sellfish coach who puts himself before the team, and vowed after that never to hire someone like that. Belichick is the ultimate team coach even if he's a little bit of a ruthless invalid personality. Kraft is a good example of what Jerry probably should have been. Very involved, but not to the point of GM. Dynasty could have gone on in Dallas just like it did in New England if Jerry had taken that role.
  • All those "Gates" caused the Pats to get pissed and win. SpyGate led to the 17-0 season. They were crushing everyone like they were smalltown colleges. InflateGate led to Brady winning another SuperBowl. They took it personal when people accused them of only winning by cheating. Attitude from Pats in both is other teams do it, and did it to us, so what? Brought back memories of Zeke and the Commish watching the Brady suspension for InflateGate. What a dunce Goodell was for a few years there.
  • Bledsoe was a great team player when he gave up his job. Brought back memories of both Romo and Dak getting their jobs from veterans, wish either one had turned out to be even a small fraction of successful as Brady. Sorry to see Bledsoe had it done twice, but he was done for on our team. Watching the personality videos and interviews of the GOAT when he was young was interesting. Trying to see what makes a franchise QB. He was hyper-competitive, never liked to lose in anything. Was a football junkie, Belichick made comment that Brady actually pushed him because he felt he wasn't working as hard as Brady to analyze the game. Brady had a ton of energy and confidence, so much so that Ty Law and Lawyer Milloy talked about rolling their eyes when he would say things like "I will never lose this job." He knew how to smooze to his buds and was tactical about it to get their support. Damien Woody talked about how the o-linemen liked him because he would go out for beer drinking contest with them and drink them under the table. Brady admits he slipped in some waters as beer. LOL
  • Something else that stands out about those Pats teams, no matter who they interviewed, smart players. Don't think we have that many on our current team.
  • Aaron Hernandez in locker room sounded like the Charles Haley stories in the 90's. Serious. Maybe he was bi-polar? Wes Welker had him pegged right, the rest of the team either excused his behavior or won't talk about it. I heard the story about Hernandez shooting someone else before the one that got him caught, but didn't realize inbetween all that he was trying to convince Belichick to trade him to the west coast, I'm assuming to get away from his gang buddies. What a TE crew that would have been -- Hernandez and Gronk, crazy how the Pats ended up with both.
  • Comments and gameplan against those DQ Falcons in Super Bowl were eerily similar to what team said about Cowboys last year. We may end up missing DQ a lot.
  • Turn of the century NFL was one of my favorites periods to watch, just not our team. LOL Actually, the Campo years weren't so bad. Sort of fun watching a different QB project every week LOL and at least the defense put on a show, Roy and Woody were awesome to watch together. And then Parcells happened and that first year was a coaching clinic. But the NFL and Pats.. Such great stories with Rams and Warner the greatest comeback story, Brady taking over for Bledsoe and being the GOAT, Ravens defense, Manning vs Brady, was fun to watch all that again.

Last edited:

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Started watching Yellowjackets on Showtime last night. Think I got about 2-3 episodes in before I finally passed out on the couch, lol, but so far it seems intriguing enough. It's a touch slow out of the gate, but it feels like it's building up to something. I've heard it's a good show, so, we will see!!

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Saw 7 more episodes of Patriots: The Dynasty on Apple+. I believe there is one more left. Highly recommend this for all you football fans. Great watch! I have enjoyed this every bit as much as I did The Last Dance on the 90's Bulls Dynasty. Really puts it into perspective how Brady eventually became a "hated" icon by the fans but you come out of that show with a ton of respect for him. And all the crap that happened those years with the Pats.. Aaron Herndandez, SpyGate, Inflategate, 17-0 lose in Super Bowl... makes our Boys look a little tame in their 90's Dynasty. After watching this, I am glad the Cowboys didn't hire Belichick and not sure I want to see him here.

Some highlights:
  • They covered the Bill Parcells first rebuild in episode 3. No love lost between Kraft and Parcells. Almost feels like Jimmy/Jerry, maybe that's how Bill & Jerry made it work? Bill still blames Kraft for the split because Kraft wanted guys that didn't report to Bill and he didn't consider capable as Draft Scouts. Kraft claims that Parcells is a sellfish coach who puts himself before the team, and vowed after that never to hire someone like that. Belichick is the ultimate team coach even if he's a little bit of a ruthless invalid personality. Kraft is a good example of what Jerry probably should have been. Very involved, but not to the point of GM. Dynasty could have gone on in Dallas just like it did in New England if Jerry had taken that role.
  • All those "Gates" caused the Pats to get pissed and win. SpyGate led to the 17-0 season. They were crushing everyone like they were smalltown colleges. InflateGate led to Brady winning another SuperBowl. They took it personal when people accused them of only winning by cheating. Attitude from Pats in both is other teams do it, and did it to us, so what? Brought back memories of Zeke and the Commish watching the Brady suspension for InflateGate. What a dunce Goodell was for a few years there.
  • Bledsoe was a great team player when he gave up his job. Brought back memories of both Romo and Dak getting their jobs from veterans, wish either one had turned out to be even a small fraction of successful as Brady. Sorry to see Bledsoe had it done twice, but he was done for on our team. Watching the personality videos and interviews of the GOAT when he was young was interesting. Trying to see what makes a franchise QB. He was hyper-competitive, never liked to lose in anything. Was a football junkie, Belichick made comment that Brady actually pushed him because he felt he wasn't working as hard as Brady to analyze the game. Brady had a ton of energy and confidence, so much so that Ty Law and Lawyer Milloy talked about rolling their eyes when he would say things like "I will never lose this job." He knew how to smooze to his buds and was tactical about it to get their support. Damien Woody talked about how the o-linemen liked him because he would go out for beer drinking contest with them and drink them under the table. Brady admits he slipped in some waters as beer. LOL
  • Something else that stands out about those Pats teams, no matter who they interviewed, smart players. Don't think we have that many on our current team.
  • Aaron Hernandez in locker room sounded like the Charles Haley stories in the 90's. Serious. Maybe he was bi-polar? Wes Welker had him pegged right, the rest of the team either excused his behavior or won't talk about it. I heard the story about Hernandez shooting someone else before the one that got him caught, but didn't realize inbetween all that he was trying to convince Belichick to trade him to the west coast, I'm assuming to get away from his gang buddies. What a TE crew that would have been -- Hernandez and Gronk, crazy how the Pats ended up with both.
  • Comments and gameplan against those DQ Falcons in Super Bowl were eerily similar to what team said about Cowboys last year. We may end up missing DQ a lot.
  • Turn of the century NFL was one of my favorites periods to watch, just not our team. LOL Actually, the Campo years weren't so bad. Sort of fun watching a different QB project every week LOL and at least the defense put on a show, Roy and Woody were awesome to watch together. And then Parcells happened and that first year was a coaching clinic. But the NFL and Pats.. Such great stories with Rams and Warner the greatest comeback story, Brady taking over for Bledsoe and being the GOAT, Ravens defense, Manning vs Brady, was fun to watch all that again.
Nice breakdown. Thanks.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Nice breakdown. Thanks.
I finished it up and loved it. I am a little surprised Belichick agreed to do it. They often made him look bad in it. But he does to himself to with his "no comment" answers.

Kraft is incredibly honest. Good owner. Wish Jerry had worked himself into a niche the same way, could have still been hands on. Not like Kraft is in the shadows.

Creeper

Reaction score
Started watching Yellowjackets on Showtime last night. Think I got about 2-3 episodes in before I finally passed out on the couch, lol, but so far it seems intriguing enough. It's a touch slow out of the gate, but it feels like it's building up to something. I've heard it's a good show, so, we will see!!
My wife and I like season 1, but it drags, then gets really stupid, then we just quit watching. Don't let my opinion stop you though.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
My wife and I like season 1, but it drags, then gets really stupid, then we just quit watching. Don't let my opinion stop you though.
Yeah, the wife and I just wrapped up season 1 last night. It's definitely more of a slow burn than I was anticipating. It has it's moments, but overall, it's just alright. I heard it was a Lord of the Flies/Lost kind of mashup, so I was hopeful it'd be better than this. It gets a little too soap opera-ey for me at times. I think the wife is enjoying it more than me, so I will carry on with her, but I would not tell anybody here that they should run out and watch it.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I have been binge watching The Family Stallone on Paramount+. I watched the first episode just to see what it was like…..it hooked me pretty fast :muttley:

It is cool to see Arnold, Dolph, Pacino, etc outside of the spotlight. It doesn’t hurt that his daughters are easy on the eyes :thumbup:

Creeper

Reaction score
I watched 4 or 5 episodes of HoD. It started off okay, but there were very few likeable characters. Once the princess was an adult, there were even fewer, if any.

I might pick it back up again, if I run out of things to watch, but it definitely hasn't kept me glued to the story.
I watched the first season but found myself struggling to pay attention. It all seemed rather boring to me. Maybe I will re-watch it and see if it captivates me next time around.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
Yikes at the House of The Dragon hate. There's a reason it was nominated for best drama and is probably the most anticipated show of 2024. To each their own. I personally can't wait.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yikes at the House of The Dragon hate. There's a reason it was nominated for best drama and is probably the most anticipated show of 2024. To each their own. I personally can't wait.
"Best Drama" I don't doubt, but it's more like a soap opera than GoT. They got rid of the best characters - or rather, the best era of characters - after just two episodes. The young princess and her friend, the future queen, both had redeeming qualities that just soured when they became adults.

The king is the only character after four episodes that I like, and even he let his wife die, so that he could maybe have a son. Also, the incest between the princess and her uncle grosses me out.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
"Best Drama" I don't doubt, but it's more like a soap opera than GoT. They got rid of the best characters - or rather, the best era of characters - after just two episodes. The young princess and her friend, the future queen, both had redeeming qualities that just soured when they became adults.

The king is the only character after four episodes that I like, and even he let his wife die, so that he could maybe have a son. Also, the incest between the princess and her uncle grosses me out.
I do agree with some of your points. I think this season will well exceed the first. The more drama stuff is going to be literally overshadowed by Dragon fire. It's going to be brutal.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I do agree with some of your points. I think this season will well exceed the first. The more drama stuff is going to be literally overshadowed by Dragon fire. It's going to be brutal.
I'm sure I'll give it another shot, eventually. But I hope the "couple" I referred to earlier doesn't last long. Being an uncle to 6 nieces, I find that disturbing.

Creeper

Reaction score

A lot of fanfare helped this show get a lot of attention.

Thinking back to GoT, that show moved very quickly and had multiple plotlines going at one. Each of the main characters had a storyline that was interesting. HoD is not as captivating. I suspect if not for GoT preceding it, no one would care.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Thinking back to GoT, that show moved very quickly and had multiple plotlines going at one. Each of the main characters had a storyline that was interesting. HoD is not as captivating. I suspect if not for GoT preceding it, no one would care.
Even the dragons are lesser in appearance.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score

The dreaded "prequel" storylines. Are there any that are better than original?

Another HBO product... the Sopranos prequel movie... it was pretty bad too.