***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Interesting. In England and Ireland it will still be on BBC. However everywhere else it will be Disney+
Thought it would have been on BBC America here.

The young man playing the new Doctor was on the english show (currently on netflix) called Sex Education
A pretty good comedy but very graphic in the adult nature. He did well with his character in both comedic and dramatic phases of his character.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I'm sure I'll give it another shot, eventually. But I hope the "couple" I referred to earlier doesn't last long. Being an uncle to 6 nieces, I find that disturbing.
It's actually a big part of the story. Incest among royal families is a real thing in history. But season one was a build up between a war between the two families that we will see in season two.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It's actually a big part of the story. Incest among royal families is a real thing in history. But season one was a build up between a war between the two families that we will see in season two.
I know it's historically appropriate, but this show has nothing to do with history, so I don't see the need...especially with that creepy uncle.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Shogun is getting really good. I like that they didn't just gloss over the culture differences in one or two episodes, then move on. Both sides are disgusted, intrigued, and baffled by the other's ways, even though they're trying to understand. (The Anjin seems to be trying harder, understandably.)

The actress who plays Mariko, when she smiles, reminds me of Lucy Liu.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know it's historically appropriate, but this show has nothing to do with history, so I don't see the need...especially with that creepy uncle.
The show borrows from history especially with that family line.

The main crux of games of thrones started due to incest and someone finding out.

Through out the game of throne books and a few times in the show it is noted that the Targaryeans sp? were well known to interbreed within the family. They had the mad king that wanted to burn it all down. They have also stated something along the lines of a Targaryean born has a fifty fifty chance of being mad/insane.

So yeah it fits for the show and the cannon of that world.

But it is still creepy none the less.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
New SiFi show on netflix.
Three Body Problem

Only the third episode in.
It is interesting to say the least. First episode sort of jumps around a bit but give it a chance.

I hope this turns out good and not a stinker but I am interested in it so far.

I will just copy and paste the description from IMDB

A fateful decision made in 1960s China reverberates in the present, where a group of scientists partner with a detective to confront an existential planetary threat.

On a side note.. Samwell Tarley and Sir Davos Seaworth from Game of Thrones are on the show.

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
Three Body Problem

It is interesting to say the least. First episode sort of jumps around a bit but give it a chance.

A fateful decision made in 1960s China reverberates in the present, where a group of scientists partner with a detective to confront an existential planetary threat.

On a side note.. Samwell Tarley and Sir Davos Seaworth from Game of Thrones are on the show.
Yes just finished that up. Good series. Very original idea.

visionary

Reaction score
Foundation
Seasons 1 and 2
7.5/10
SciFi Fantasy
Based on Isaac Asimov series. My favorite after Dune
Fairly well done, obviously a lot of deviation from the books
Definitely worth watching if youre into SciFi

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So I decided to restart House of Dragons, and I finished episode 10. I have to say, it got much better. But the reason I don't like many of the characters, I've decided, is probably because there's absolutely no humor whatsoever in the series. Honestly, I don't recall even a single lighthearted moment. There needs to be some comedic relief at some point.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So I decided to restart House of Dragons, and I finished episode 10. I have to say, it got much better. But the reason I don't like many of the characters, I've decided, is probably because there's absolutely no humor whatsoever in the series. Honestly, I don't recall even a single lighthearted moment. There needs to be some comedic relief at some point.
Just not that many characters that you really like.
Some are just kind of meh.

No Tyrion.
No Mother of Dragons
No Arya
No Bronn
No Davos Seaworth

Just no real characters that you like and I agree that a tad bit of humor would add a bit.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes just finished that up. Good series. Very original idea.
Finished last night.

I do not know why I thought this was a one season show aka limited series.

But I hope they do a good job of finishing the series in a few seasons and not try to milk it if it becomes a hit.

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
Finished last night.

I do not know why I thought this was a one season show aka limited series.

But I hope they do a good job of finishing the series in a few seasons and not try to milk it if it becomes a hit.

Yes i thought the same. It wasn't until episode 6 or 7 that i started thinking 'wait a minute i don't see any way they can conclude this quickly, way too much going on'.

The Chinese apparently released this as a 30 part series.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Three Body Problem

I'm on episode 3, and I like it a lot, so far. Of course, part of the reason is because Eiza Gonzalez looks like a hot, Mexican Jennifer Garner.
But the story is very original, though mysterious, like Lost was, at first. But it seems like the eventual ending is already planned out, and they're not going to just wrap it up with some idiotic 'purgatory' explanation.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm on episode 3, and I like it a lot, so far. Of course, part of the reason is because Eiza Gonzalez looks like a hot, Mexican Jennifer Garner.
But the story is very original, though mysterious, like Lost was, at first. But it seems like the eventual ending is already planned out, and they're not going to just wrap it up with some idiotic 'purgatory' explanation.
Yeah lost was a victim of it's own success.
Became so popular they turn some characters from side characters to full blown back stories and so on. They did it just to keep the show going and it got old.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Just finished watching episode 5 of "Three Body Problem", very cool so far. I'm really liking this series, hope they can keep it up, should be fun to see where this goes.

Creeper

Reaction score
Just not that many characters that you really like.
Some are just kind of meh.

No Tyrion.
No Mother of Dragons
No Arya
No Bronn
No Davos Seaworth

Just no real characters that you like and I agree that a tad bit of humor would add a bit.
And there is no real chemistry between characters. GoT had Arya and the Hound, Little Finger and Varys, Bronn and Tyrion, Brienne and Jaime, etc. These interactions were captivating most of the time. Plus there were so many other fun characters you wanted to see. HoD really does not have this.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Three Body Problem

Im reading the book now in anticipation of watching this.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
And there is no real chemistry between characters. GoT had Arya and the Hound, Little Finger and Varys, Bronn and Tyrion, Brienne and Jaime, etc. These interactions were captivating most of the time. Plus there were so many other fun characters you wanted to see. HoD really does not have this.
They had it a little, in the first two episodes, between Rhaenyra and Alicent, then Alicent's father messed that up.

Other than that, everyone's a dick to everyone else.