Officially Texas-OU Week!

Cover 2

Pessimists Unite!!!
Reaction score
Danny White;3020228 said:
I can't believe he couldn't make McCoy miss... that should have been a pick-six
It didn't even look like he tried to make him miss. He just ran straight and let McCoy hit him.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Looked like the Freshmans fault on that. He is supposed to run that route in front of the coverage, across the face of the defender. He ran it behind the defender. Freshman mistake. He's playing a heck of a game for us. Hard to get down on him for that but this game is over if we don't turn the ball over there IMO.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
First down... that would have been the game had it been short...

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Congrats Horns.

Good luck moving forward.

Shame that Bradford went down like that, it'd have been nice to see how it would have turned out with him in there, but he clearly wasn't physically ready to come back yet.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Good game. Gratz to the horns. Sucks having all of our injuries this year. Good luck the rest of the way.

trickblue

Reaction score
Danny White;3020240 said:
Congrats Horns.

Good luck moving forward.

Shame that Bradford went down like that, it'd have been nice to see how it would have turned out with him in there, but he clearly wasn't physically ready to come back yet.

I agree... Bradford is a good kid... I hate to see that injury. I stated earlier that that wasn't a big hit... he probably wasn't ready to come back. OU might have been better off considering Bradford's performance last week. I think Landry Jones will be a good leader and I think he and Gilbert will be fun to watch over the next couple of years.

Good game OU... lots of respect on that field today...

McCoy and Bradford are both quality individuals... nice to see they are friends...

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
So much for the crappy UT run defense and the dominant OU run defense......I have been telling everyone the UT run defense is downright awesome.....I didn't expect us to be able to run as well as we did on OU, but I did feel we would shut down the OU running game.

Landry Jones made a few freshman mistakes that really hurt the Sooners. Goodwin made a poor route on that INT for Colt....once again, freshman mistake.

This was an ugly game, at least as far as turnovers and penalties are concerned......but it was highly entertaining.

Good Game Sooners....hope Bradford is ok

BTW, Beal didnt need to go for the hit on Colt there at the end, that was a bit excessive, but UT won, so it's all good.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Got home from work and the first play I see is a hold called against Texas when they're running the clock out. WTH?

trickblue

Reaction score
The UT coaching staff needs to learn how to get this team going in the first half. They are a very good second half team, but they suck bad in the first half...

This UT team would have been crushed by last years UT team. In perspective, this is a down year for college football in general... the teams just aren't as good...

Go Cowboys...

Air Force One

Reaction score
Woot!! Horns!!!!!

Congrats to OU too, they played a hell of a game.

Just glad I can carry bragging rights here for another year!!!!

jimmy40

Reaction score
jimmy40;3020244 said:
Got home from work and the first play I see is a hold called against Texas when they're running the clock out. WTH?
and as soon as I find out who in my house stopped my DVR recording after 1 minute I'm a gonna whoop somebody's butt.

trickblue

Reaction score
jimmy40;3020248 said:
and as soon as I find out who in my house stopped my DVR recording after 1 minute I'm a gonna whoop somebody's butt.

It was Sacamano...

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
So lots of folks think the game was a poor game. I don't think that. The offenses played poorly in the first half but that's mostly because both defenses were stiffling. I mean, this is how these games used to be in the old days. Back when OU was in the Big 8 and Texas was in the SWC. Those games were always close and tough, hard fought wins. I enjoyed the defensive strugle both teams played today.

Good game.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
We beat the team I hate the most........but now we have to go on the road to Mizzou and then OSU