Officiating sucks and/or is fixed quit picking on Brittany thread

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
And the biggest narrative in the room is the power to change results so insiders cash in.
Here’s a theory. Are they punishing the team for the cooper situation? I do t get how the nfl cuts off its own foot every year. They baby Brady and the patriots as well as mahomes. The cowboys would take ratings to another level with just fair calls. Imagine getting Brady calls every game.

boysbeyond4ever

Reaction score
Why are we surprised by this? The NFL lets the refs do this every week.

All we can ask for is competency, consistency and clarity and once again we got none of that today.

The roughing the passer call was ridiculous no one hit Carr he went down after the ball was released (curious how the NFL's Official highlights package included the play but no replay of the actual roughing the passer) Parsons and the other defender both pulled up and made minimal contact with Carr, but that is roughing the passer while tackling the quarterback below his waist in the pocket as happened to Dak Prescott and is by NFL rule roughing the passer goes uncalled. If Dak is running outside the pocket that tackle is fine, but not in the pocket as he was.That's a rule change going back to Carson Palmer getting taken out at the knees over a decade ago.

The only consistency there is both plays favored the Raiders And guess what it gets worse, on the drive that cut the lead to 27-22 after taking a touchdown off the board, they ignore a clear hit on Tony Pollard out of bounds after he had given himself up, not the worst hit you'll see but certainly worse then the so-called hit that drew the roughing the passer penalty, and clearly after the runner had been forced out of bounds and given himself up. And guess what those four points we lost kinda mattered on that drive.

I don't think anyone here could put up a credible argument that refs got any let alone all of those calls right, or that those calls/non calls were consistent officiating on their part, and one could easily argue that officating consistency gave the Raiders a + 10 advantage on the scoreboard in a game that ended up in overtime.

This is why people "whine" as some like to say. We like our team to be beaten fair and square, not officiating about which the only consistency it that it benefits our opponents. Unfortunately the lack of competency consistency and clarity becomes too much of a factor to overcome quite often. Look at our last two season openers. Were Down three and hit Gallup deep - of course he pushed off A year Later when Godwin pushes off against us in the same situation no flag at all.

Again consistency - it should be the minimum standard - instead the NFL seems to revel in the lack of it. That won't work forever in today's America. As Mike Florio pointed out at some point this going to happen on a big enough stage that it will be an issue in Congress and could endanger the League Anti-Trust Exemption when the wrong team and fans receive the same inconsistent treatment we regularly get.

RS12

Reaction score
Lol! Don't know how old you are but I doubt the officiating in any sport gets significantly better in your lifetime. Humans gonna do what humans do.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I actually mean it.

well-bye-later.gif

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I actually mean it. Years ago I watched the nuggets and overdone get robbed against the spurs with blatant calls. It was bad for years but that series turned me off on the nba for about 5 years. Lebron brought me back. Everyone e made excuses the. Years later it gave out they made calls for gambling.
I feel the same way now. The calls were bad for about 10 years but got worse after jerry went to war with goodell. This season is the final straw. This team has 7 wins and would have at least 9 with fair calls. It won’t change until fans tune out. It might not happen but I’m tuning out. I wish my team well but I can’t stomachs unfair calls against the save team every game.
See ya....good luck

TheHerd

Reaction score
I actually mean it. Years ago I watched the nuggets and overdone get robbed against the spurs with blatant calls. It was bad for years but that series turned me off on the nba for about 5 years. Lebron brought me back. Everyone e made excuses the. Years later it gave out they made calls for gambling.
I feel the same way now. The calls were bad for about 10 years but got worse after jerry went to war with goodell. This season is the final straw. This team has 7 wins and would have at least 9 with fair calls. It won’t change until fans tune out. It might not happen but I’m tuning out. I wish my team well but I can’t stomachs unfair calls against the save team every game.
NBA lost me years ago with the officiating. Haven't watched a game or cared in at least 10 years.

I'm trying to purge the NFL, and though I've lost the passion I had, I can't stop yet. I'll get there if I see many more games like this one.

ICP

Reaction score
I don't blame you. I know it seems like Dallas gets tons of bad calls. Wonder if other teams fans feel the same way.

Soth

Reaction score
Can't they improve the "holding" rule? To me it appears like there's holding on the majority of plays yet only some get called. Penalties also take out the enjoyment of games like it did today.

Perhaps crews should all be encouraged to let teams play and only throw flags for blatant holding/face masks/hooking of necks etc

Offensive holding and PI are the big issues in my opinion. They are so subjective. They get called differently every single game and even within games. And these penalties are huge because one is 10 yards and the other can be anywhere from 1 yard to 50+ yards.

I also can't enjoy games. I expect a flag on every single good play by the Cowboys.

JayFord

Reaction score
I don't blame you. I know it seems like Dallas gets tons of bad calls. Wonder if other teams fans feel the same way.
they do

anytime a big play happens just watch and see that theres a flag on it

refs get more tv time than the star players

Swagger

Reaction score
Offensive holding and PI are the big issues in my opinion. They are so subjective. They get called differently every single game and even within games. And these penalties are huge because one is 10 yards and the other can be anywhere from 1 yard to 50+ yards.

I also can't enjoy games. I expect a flag on every single good play by the Cowboys.
I completely agree. To be honest I end up watching a game now thinking the officials make up the rules as they go along.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score

What makes calls worse is calling one team for something and allowing the other team to do it the very next time they get the ball. How many choke holds does parsons get each game?

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
I got 20 years on you and watched sports my whole life. If there is one tried and true fact in all sports, fans of teams that lose complain about the officiating sure as the sun will rise.
True

But I’m still right.