Officiating sucks and/or is fixed quit picking on Brittany thread

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
This is the one thing that has kept me from jumping off the "fixed" ledge, is the value of the Cowboys. You would think if the NFL was fixed or controlled, that Jerry Jones could "buy" himself some wins and/or Super Bowls. lol
But you also have to remember goodell and a blank bro g pissed at jerry a few years ago when jerry tried to block goodells extension.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
The thing that really pisses me off is, the refs know they’re wrong. They make the important calls against Dallas and when the game is out of hand or close, they call a few meaningless penalties to help the final numbers. Guys will say the amount of calls are even. We’ll one team had 3 meaning calls while up 10. It’s obvious.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
Forget even who won today -- you could be a completely unbiased fan and this was a miserable game to watch because of the sheer number of penalties. Nobody wants to watch a game when there's a flag every third or fourth play. It was absurd and I hope the NFL gets crushed for it on Twitter and other media.
Exactly. Let the ga e be free flowing and punish players for drawing b s flags like cart did today. He should get fined plus a taunting call.

buddieluver

Reaction score
Maybe that fat dude on the sidelines should do something about it instead of standing their with his arms crossed and a blank stare while holding a mcdonalds menu

Do you remember what Bill Parcells said about penalties?

ArtClink

Reaction score
I actually mean it. Years ago I watched the nuggets and overdone get robbed against the spurs with blatant calls. It was bad for years but that series turned me off on the nba for about 5 years. Lebron brought me back. Everyone e made excuses the. Years later it gave out they made calls for gambling.
I feel the same way now. The calls were bad for about 10 years but got worse after jerry went to war with goodell. This season is the final straw. This team has 7 wins and would have at least 9 with fair calls. It won’t change until fans tune out. It might not happen but I’m tuning out. I wish my team well but I can’t stomachs unfair calls against the save team every game.

Get in line. Any complaints we Cowboys fans have about the refs pale in comparison to the refs cheating the Saints vs Rams in the nfc championship non-call on flagrant interference. The refs single handedly screwed Drew Brees and the Saints in going to the Super Bowl. Yes there were bad calls today but we finish way behind Saints fans on blaming the refs. It’s all about perspective.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
This is what I don’t understand about the NFL. The Cowboys are one of their cash cows.
They’re the most loved and hated team. NFL wins either way as long as the team isn’t perennial losers. Having them competitive but losing is always to the NFL advantage.

Mark

Reaction score
Does anyone here really think the NFL is built upon ethics, and strict adherence to principles of personal integrity & fair play? If so, I have some marshland in Florida to sell you.

The NFL is pure, "reality-show" business & entertainment. Just like so-called "professional wrestling." Hundreds of millions of dollars in advertising revenue, gambling receipts, etc. hang in the balance during each & every contest. Would any rational, realistic person think for one second that people with the power to control outcomes in that regard would resist the temptation to do so?

To quote George Carlin: "It's a big club, and you ain't in it." In the meantime, we continue to root for the uniforms that appeal to us, hoping that things might somehow swing our way someday to make us feel better about ourselves. It's not a pleasant thought, but we're really wasting our time getting all worked-up about it all, when you really think about it.

kevm3

Reaction score
Honestly, and I said this in another thread, but I've started becoming more open-minded to the idea that games can be either fixed or somebody is controlling them, and.......this really bums me out. I've loved watching the NFL during the course of my life and being a fan, but these kind of games really take the shine off.

I don't want to be that guy. The one blaming the refs. I'm usually not that guy, but the NFL is forcing my hand this year. There is no way anybody could re-watch this Dallas-Raiders game and come back and tell me, with a straight face, that the refs didn't control the flow of this game.

The posters who've already brought up my next point are correct. What a better entertaining narrative to have than to have the Raiders climb back into the AFC West division while Dallas falls behind and lets the NFC East catch up (with lots of division games coming up at the end of the season).

Sad day as a fan in many regards for me.

Exactly. Storyline and revenue driven league. There's a reason why so many games are always so close and come down to the end. If we run away with the division by winning this game, that means that nobody bothers watching the Eagles game. What more exciting than to create a narrative of the cowboys going on a losing streak and the eagles are right back in it and the division leader is decided at the very end? All the gambling and fantasy football play a role too. Money speaks. I'd like to have believed that everyone is just playing it fair, but with the stuff I've been seeing in the league lately, it's hard for me to ignore it.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
This same thought crossed my mind today. It's unrealistic to think your favorite team will always get the benefit of officials' calls. But today was the most ridiculous example I have ever seen.

I want NFL games to be decided by the players on the field, not a bunch of biased idiots in stripes that have their own agenda. They're having a party right now knowing they screwed the Cowboys over on national TV on a holiday. And Goodell is probably funding the whole thing.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
Who has more big end of gave penalties go against them than us? Ramsey vs Gallup
Bucs game
Let her today on brown. He didn’t turn his head but damn. Did he grab push or hold? No. His body shielded the receiver from the hall because of good coverage.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
Get in line. Any complaints we Cowboys fans have about the refs pale in comparison to the refs cheating the Saints vs Rams in the nfc championship non-call on flagrant interference. The refs single handedly screwed Drew Brees and the Saints in going to the Super Bowl. Yes there were bad calls but we finish way behind Saints fans on blaming the refs. It’s all about perspective.
They took away a td in Dak and zekes first playoff games .

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
The thing that really pisses me off is, the refs know they’re wrong. They make the important calls against Dallas and when the gave is out of hand or close, they call a few meaningless penalties to help the final stats. It’s obvious.

They aren't even trying to hide it anymore. It wouldn't be any more clear than if they walked out to midfield and flipped off the entire Cowboys bench. In essence that's what happened today.

Again, this is not excusing the Cowboys for the mistakes they made. But only Cowboys haters or Raiders fans wouldn't say the officials decided today's outcome.

Nav22

Reaction score
This is what I don’t understand about the NFL. The Cowboys are one of their cash cows.
1) The refs have subconscious biases. They’re human.

2) The Dallas Cowboys are America’s Team. We have the most fans.... but also the most haters. This means that even if 10-15% of all NFL fans are Cowboys fans, the other 85-90% can’t stand the Cowboys. They want to see us lose.

Those 2 factors play a role on game day. When it seems like we’re getting totally screwed, it’s probably because we are.

We’ve lost 4 games this season, and 2 of them were a direct result of GARBAGE calls going against us.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
This same thought crossed my mind today. It's unrealistic to think your favorite team will always get the benefit of officials' calls. But today was the most ridiculous example I have ever seen.

I want NFL games to be decided by the players on the field, not a bunch of biased idiots in stripes that have their own agenda. They're having a party right now knowing they screwed the Cowboys over on national TV on a holiday. And Goodell is probably funding the whole thing.
No excuse. They have replay a d over seers in New York. They’re ruining they’re own product. This is truly the only company who isn’t forced to answer to the consumer.