Officiating sucks and/or is fixed quit picking on Brittany thread

Swagger

Reaction score
I got 20 years on you and watched sports my whole life. If there is one tried and true fact in all sports, fans of teams that lose complain about the officiating sure as the sun will rise.
I agree but come on that was really bad tonight for both teams but especially the Cowboys

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I actually mean it. Years ago I watched the nuggets and overdone get robbed against the spurs with blatant calls. It was bad for years but that series turned me off on the nba for about 5 years. Lebron brought me back. Everyone e made excuses the. Years later it gave out they made calls for gambling.
I feel the same way now. The calls were bad for about 10 years but got worse after jerry went to war with goodell. This season is the final straw. This team has 7 wins and would have at least 9 with fair calls. It won’t change until fans tune out. It might not happen but I’m tuning out. I wish my team well but I can’t stomachs unfair calls against the save team every game.
not happening, so bye !
What you dont get is the ratings are estimated and determined by nielsen people, so even if everyone else quit watching nfl games they would still have great ratings.
if you are monitored by neilsen then what you watch matters, but if not you dont matter.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
not happening, so bye !
What you dont get is the ratings are estimated and determined by nielsen people, so even if everyone else quit watching nfl games they would still have great ratings.
But not what they have. People in this country need to realize we can make any company and probably my the government do what we want standing together.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
Can't they improve the "holding" rule? To me it appears like there's holding on the majority of plays yet only some get called. Penalties also take out the enjoyment of games like it did today.

Perhaps crews should all be encouraged to let teams play and only throw flags for blatant holding/face masks/hooking of necks etc
It took away any excitement I had for the e tire game.

ryanbabs

Reaction score
Can't they improve the "holding" rule? To me it appears like there's holding on the majority of plays yet only some get called. Penalties also take out the enjoyment of games like it did today.

Perhaps crews should all be encouraged to let teams play and only throw flags for blatant holding/face masks/hooking of necks etc
They at least need to make holding calls 5 yards so they’re not automatically a drive death sentence. They’re too subjective a lot of times as well.

boysbeyond4ever

Reaction score
Well, enjoy a lifetime of watching the WNBA and soccer.

Number one there is nothing wrong with the original football or for that matter woman's basketball.

Number two I don't watch the WNBA enough, but trust me **** refereeing in the original football is every bit as common as the NFL, if anything its worse in some leagues than here. There are even a history of referee bias and actual financial corruption in some cases. I love both games. Just thought you needed to know what you're talking about.

Nav22

Reaction score
At this point, I’m more surprised when a Cowboys game is officiated fairly than when we get screwed.

We’d be 9-2 right now if the refs didn’t have hard-ons for screwing us royally. Tampa Bay and today.

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
Number one there is nothing wrong with the original football or for that matter woman's basketball.

Number two I don't watch the WNBA enough, but trust me **** refereeing in the original football is every bit as common as the NFL, if anything its worse in some leagues than here. There are even a history of referee bias and actual financial corruption in some cases. I love both games. Just thought you needed to know what you're talking about.
Well thank you for the insightful sports lesson. My 65 years of watching professional sports did not give me the great insights that you have in these matters. Please keep us all informed on the latest on synchronized swimming competitions.

CWR

Reaction score
I actually mean it. Years ago I watched the nuggets and overdone get robbed against the spurs with blatant calls. It was bad for years but that series turned me off on the nba for about 5 years. Lebron brought me back. Everyone e made excuses the. Years later it gave out they made calls for gambling.
I feel the same way now. The calls were bad for about 10 years but got worse after jerry went to war with goodell. This season is the final straw. This team has 7 wins and would have at least 9 with fair calls. It won’t change until fans tune out. It might not happen but I’m tuning out. I wish my team well but I can’t stomachs unfair calls against the save team every game.

I'm done watching any other teams. Still stuck with Dallas but it's close to me turning it off all together. It's been disgusting this season. It's not a good product. Only loyalty and tradition keep it alive anymore.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I quit watching the NBA because of the officiating. It was so bad that they would look the other way for one player on the team because he was the poster boy for the NBA but would call a foul if another player on the same team would even look sideways at a player. Drove me nuts. The nba was about protecting its cash cows.

ryanbabs

Reaction score
Offensive holding and PI are the big issues in my opinion. They are so subjective. They get called differently every single game and even within games. And these penalties are huge because one is 10 yards and the other can be anywhere from 1 yard to 50+ yards.

I also can't enjoy games. I expect a flag on every single good play by the Cowboys.
These morons kept calling us for PI when in fact it’s was holding and vice versa for the Raiders.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
I agree with your frustration. It’s hard to give up though.

The problem is the NFL is a monopoly and is classified as “entertainment” — remember the class action lawsuit the Jets fans had against the NFL due to Spygate many years ago? — which should make the entire gambling industry around it unethical and illegal. The refs aren’t overseen by an independent organization that necessitates a strict measure of accuracy and fairness. They’re employees of the said monopoly. The only people who can hold the NFL accountable is either the government or the fans.

ryanbabs

Reaction score
I quit watching the NBA because of the officiating. It was so bad that they would look the other way for one player on the team because he was the poster boy for the NBA but would call a foul if another player on the same team would even look sideways at a player. Drove me nuts. The nba was about protecting its cash cows.
This is what I don’t understand about the NFL. The Cowboys are one of their cash cows.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
But not what they have. People in this country need to realize we can make any company and probably my the government do what we want standing together.
well they are not going to band together to ban football.
Those that go to games will continue to go, those that buy merchandise will continue to do that, and like I said what we watch or dont watch on tv has no effect on the ratings.
people are kept entertained, so there wont be any standing up against nfl refs lol.

And it isnt just the refs , or all thier fault.
The owners make up these stupid rules, that are meant to allow for bad play calls .
I think the games are manipulated, and nfl gets kickbacks from vegas.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Honestly, and I said this in another thread, but I've started becoming more open-minded to the idea that games can be either fixed or somebody is controlling them, and.......this really bums me out. I've loved watching the NFL during the course of my life and being a fan, but these kind of games really take the shine off.

I don't want to be that guy. The one blaming the refs. I'm usually not that guy, but the NFL is forcing my hand this year. There is no way anybody could re-watch this Dallas-Raiders game and come back and tell me, with a straight face, that the refs didn't control the flow of this game.

The posters who've already brought up my next point are correct. What a better entertaining narrative to have than to have the Raiders climb back into the AFC West division while Dallas falls behind and lets the NFC East catch up (with lots of division games coming up at the end of the season).

Sad day as a fan in many regards for me.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
This is what I don’t understand about the NFL. The Cowboys are one of their cash cows.

This is the one thing that has kept me from jumping off the "fixed" ledge, is the value of the Cowboys. You would think if the NFL was fixed or controlled, that Jerry Jones could "buy" himself some wins and/or Super Bowls. lol

Daillest88

Reaction score
Honestly, and I said this in another thread, but I've started becoming more open-minded to the idea that games can be either fixed or somebody is controlling them, and.......this really bums me out. I've loved watching the NFL during the course of my life and being a fan, but these kind of games really take the shine off.

I don't want to be that guy. The one blaming the refs. I'm usually not that guy, but the NFL is forcing my hand this year. There is no way anybody could re-watch this Dallas-Raiders game and come back and tell me, with a straight face, that the refs didn't control the flow of this game.

The posters who've already brought up my next point are correct. What a better entertaining narrative to have the Raiders climb back into the AFC West division while Dallas falls behind and lets the NFC East catch up (with lots of division games coming up at the end of the season).

Sad day as a fan in many regards for me.
Something just felt really off about this game.

TheGoat73

Reaction score
I’ve seen 2.5 decades of this same Cowboys. The team sucks.

Jerry Jones cannot field a championship team in the salary cap era despite having the premium franchise, superlative facilities, the cash to pay the best staff in football and a market for endorsements that should help attract talent.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
They at least need to make holding calls 5 yards so they’re not automatically a drive death sentence. They’re too subjective a lot of times as well.
That’s the best idea I heard this month. Also hold every team to the same standard for penalties.