Officiating sucks and/or is fixed quit picking on Brittany thread

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
Using the big board to call a penalty after the fact ONLY happens to Dallas. Did officiating cost us the game? NO...but it certainly does not help when a PI goes uncalled near the goal line. But my point is to those who still do not believe that there is a bias against this team, and reinforces my belief that officials have ZERO fear of ANY repercussion from NY when they do whatever the hell they want screwing us over....using the big board AFTER you missed a call is NOT ALLOWED...EVER...UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES....you people are both naive and crazy for not buying the bias.
It happens every year. They should game plan for 3 big calls every game. Remember p carrolll called time out with none left before the half and no penalty? Remember zekes td run in the playoffs being called back in 2016?

cowboysfan99

Reaction score
He actually says that in his post.

Then, after he says that, he discusses the calls.

Even though they said that, they must think it had something to do with it or they wouldn’t have made a post whining about an imaginary bias right after we lost.

JustChip

Reaction score
Did officiating cost us the game???? Without a doubt....KC had free reign to committ whatever they wanted.
I don’t think officiating cost us the game, but I can’t say with certainty they didn’t. Unlike the NBA where teams have 40 plus possessions, NFL teams have around 10 so a penalty called or not called affects a greater portion of a game. The officiating is as big a part of the game as the teams playing. It shouldn’t be that way.

ColoradoCowboy

Reaction score
I am absolutely NOT saying that the refs are bias or anything like that. I do, however; have a genuine question.

1st quarter, Chiefs' ball. 1st and 10 on their own 34. Chiefs get a 12 yard gain. During the play, the Chiefs hold and the penalty is called. At every level of football as I understand it, this negates the gain and is a 10 yard penalty from the previous Line of Scrimmage. It SHOULD have been 1st and 20 from the Chiefs' 24. But that isn't what happened. What we got was 1st and 8 on the Chiefs' 36. This makes no sense in any way. The ref called it 10 yards from the spot of the foul, but offensive holding is NOT a spot foul. Regardless of where they spot the ball, it should have been 1st and 20. But it wasn't.

I am genuinely confused by this.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Officials sucked
Dallas Offense sucked

Joe Buck sucked...just because

Erin had a good game. Very informative . Told America Zeke gave her the thumbs up after rolling his ankle she said he was coming back ….Not sure she interpreted the thumbs up correctly .

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
I am absolutely NOT saying that the refs are bias or anything like that. I do, however; have a genuine question.

1st quarter, Chiefs' ball. 1st and 10 on their own 34. Chiefs get a 12 yard gain. During the play, the Chiefs hold and the penalty is called. At every level of football as I understand it, this negates the gain and is a 10 yard penalty from the previous Line of Scrimmage. It SHOULD have been 1st and 20 from the Chiefs' 24. But that isn't what happened. What we got was 1st and 8 on the Chiefs' 36. This makes no sense in any way. The ref called it 10 yards from the spot of the foul, but offensive holding is NOT a spot foul. Regardless of where they spot the ball, it should have been 1st and 20. But it wasn't.

I am genuinely confused by this.
No, my understanding is it is called from the spot of the foul. Since it wasn't called at the LOS, but near the end of the play was why it was spotted the way it was. Sucks but I think it was correct based on the rules.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
I'm surprised no one is talking about the two blatant intentional groundings by Mahomes. I'm not blaming those for the outcome because the Cowboys were losing this game no matter what happened. Offense has to show up.

boysbeyond4ever

Reaction score
Here's a curious little story. A few weeks back a team's winning dirve was aided critically by a face mask call the the replays including the jumbotron showed clearly never happened, but the penalty stood and that team kicked a winning FG on that drive. Care to guess what team that was and where the game was?

Seriously the NFL has to publicly explain how the officials could look at the replay and call a penalty they missed (and they absolutely missed it) when they couldn't pick up a flag in an earlier game at the same stadium when the replay clearly showed they missed a call.

Or why they couldn't throw a flag after they clearly missed a penalty later in the game on Dak's 3rd down pass to Gallup (Take your pick you could call illegal contact after 5 yards from LOS. defensive holding before the pass was thrown, or defensive pass interference after the pass was thrown - but there was a penalty the fact that you have three choices that go ignored is only more galling).

But seriously by rule they cannot determine based on a replay or even advice from New York that they missed any penalty, other than unsportsmanlike conduct (during fights where multiple players are involved and leaving their sidelines). I think replay is also involved in new targeting calls but neither instance applies here. I think the NFL absolutely has to act on this because at a bare minimum it looks suspicious and suggestive of biased or corrupt officiating. And as the incident in the other game didn't involve the Cowboys this isn'y simply the refs hate Dallas and cheat THe Cowboys. Though they did today Perhaps only out of chance to win but that's all you can ask for at the end of the day..

JustChip

Reaction score
I'm surprised no one is talking about the two blatant intentional groundings by Mahomes. I'm not blaming those for the outcome because the Cowboys were losing this game no matter what happened. Offense has to show up.
Only the 1st one was highly questionable. He was in the pocket and threw it 5+ yards out of bounds to avoid the sack when the receiver was 5 yards in bounds. The 2nd is never called because he threw it close enough to the RB’s feet.

Wezsh0T

Reaction score
Officiating had NOTHING to do with this loss. There was a play in the first quarter where LVE committed pass interference AND Parsons hit Mahomes in the face and neither were flagged.
I'm pretty sure I saw quite a few Dallas Olinemen holding as well that did not get called. However, I've never seen refs look at the big screen and change the call because of it. Ultimately, it was the right call, but is that even allowed? If it is, then fine, but I'm pretty sure the refs are NOT allowed to do that.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
Only the 1st one was highly questionable. He was in the pocket and threw it 5+ yards out of bounds to avoid the sack when the receiver was 5 yards in bounds. The 2nd is never called because he threw it close enough to the RB’s feet.
I need to watch the tape. You're probably right. I am likely reaching like I do when angry.

Wezsh0T

Reaction score
You mean the play where Gallup also pushed off via full arm extension? Good no-call and many said so in the game thread where you know emotions are super high.
The 2nd one with Gallup was pretty bad. The one you are referencing was a decent no-call in my opinion.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Using the big board to call a penalty after the fact ONLY happens to Dallas. Did officiating cost us the game? NO...but it certainly does not help when a PI goes uncalled near the goal line. But my point is to those who still do not believe that there is a bias against this team, and reinforces my belief that officials have ZERO fear of ANY repercussion from NY when they do whatever the hell they want screwing us over....using the big board AFTER you missed a call is NOT ALLOWED...EVER...UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES....you people are both naive and crazy for not buying the bias.

The pass interference at the goal line really hurt us. We get that at the 1 and punch it in (which admittedly might not have happened based on how our offense played) and it's a one-score game. Of course, then Chris Jones tipping the pass that became an interception would have broken our hearts, but maybe it plays out differently.

However, I have absolutely no problem with a call being made right when it was wrong. The face-mask penalty was the correct call. I don't care if they used the big board to get it right, but believe they should do it the same way every time to be fair. Not sure we know that they used the big board, though. One official was right there when the face mask happened, so maybe the crowd prompted to conference, but the call was there to make without any assistance.

Last edited:

gimmesix

Reaction score
The 2nd one with Gallup was pretty bad. The one you are referencing was a decent no-call in my opinion.

I agree that the first one was a good no-call. The second one was clear interference, just like the one they failed to call later when the defender just flat ran into Schultz. Some bad calls all around, but ones like the missed interference call at the goal line really hurt when you're not playing well.

gimmesix

Reaction score
That was a crazy way to call that.

But the worst call of the day was the first taunting call on the Chiefs. Really? For pointing? That was weak at best.

I hate NFL officiating as a whole. But we lost today because we couldn't score.

Taunting is a point of emphasis so that call was as clear-cut as the wave that Lamb got fined for. We may not like it, but it's the rule.

JustChip

Reaction score
I need to watch the tape. You're probably right. I am likely reaching like I do when angry.
I would’ve been way pissed off had they called Dak after Mahomes’ 2nd one because they were the same, although Dak’s wasn’t as close to the back as Mahomes’ was. But it was close enough.

The 1st Mahomes’ ball wasn’t even reasonably close to being near a receiver. You see QBs throw out the back of the end-zone all the time which don’t get called, but they’re throwing toward s receiver, just high. That wasn’t the case on that throw.