Officiating sucks and/or is fixed quit picking on Brittany thread

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
My guess is that almost every taunting call happens after the play is over so it would be enforced that way. This happened during the play so I don't understand why they would enforce it after the play like a dead ball foul. If he had crossed the goalline, it then is a dead ball foul and it would make sense. But the actual taunting happened before he crossed, so I am confused as to why it was treated like a dead ball foul. Maybe it was enforced correctly, I honestly do not know just seems strange if that is the rule.

Maybe they haven't thought it over that much since, like you said, it normally occurs after a play. I think they've got a lot of bugs to work out, but it's also likely taunting won't be enforced as much after this year of emphasis.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
My guess is that almost every taunting call happens after the play is over so it would be enforced that way. This happened during the play so I don't understand why they would enforce it after the play like a dead ball foul. If he had crossed the goalline, it then is a dead ball foul and it would make sense. But the actual taunting happened before he crossed, so I am confused as to why it was treated like a dead ball foul. Maybe it was enforced correctly, I honestly do not know just seems strange if that is the rule.

They enforced it like a dead ball foul because it is a dead ball foul.

RULE 14 PENALTY ENFORCEMENT
ARTICLE 9. DEAD BALL FOUL AND FOUL BETWEEN DOWNS. A Dead Ball Foul is a foul that occurs in the continuing action
after a down ends,
or a taunting foul that occurs at any time. The penalty for a Dead Ball Foul is enforced from the succeeding
spot, and the down counts.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
They enforced it like a dead ball foul because it is a dead ball foul.

RULE 14 PENALTY ENFORCEMENT
ARTICLE 9. DEAD BALL FOUL AND FOUL BETWEEN DOWNS. A Dead Ball Foul is a foul that occurs in the continuing action
after a down ends,
or a taunting foul that occurs at any time. The penalty for a Dead Ball Foul is enforced from the succeeding
spot, and the down counts.
Cool. it's a stupid way to write a rule but there it is. It was enforced correctly, just the rule is stupid not the officals, in this one instance.

Bigtex67

Reaction score
Pereira said the NFL doesn't allow New York to make a call like that when looking at the footage. We don't have any evidence that the officials consulted New York or even the Jumbotron. The way it came across may have made it look that way, but it could have simply been a matter of one official going, "Wait a minute, I saw a face mask."

As I said, I really don't have a problem with it because it was the correct call. I don't care how they get there. Now, the pass interference penalties they blew are another story.

Probably went something like....hey...how did that guy lose his helmet and why is the Dallas guy holding it?????

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I think some posters are getting confused between "conspiracy" and "home cooking".

Chiefs were getting some home cooking at Arrowhead, they usually always do.

Conspiracy would require an effort among mulitple officiating crews league wide over multiple games, I have yet to see evidence of that this season. Not saying its not possible, just highly improbably considering our record.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Using the big board to call a penalty after the fact ONLY happens to Dallas. Did officiating cost us the game? NO...but it certainly does not help when a PI goes uncalled near the goal line. But my point is to those who still do not believe that there is a bias against this team, and reinforces my belief that officials have ZERO fear of ANY repercussion from NY when they do whatever the hell they want screwing us over....using the big board AFTER you missed a call is NOT ALLOWED...EVER...UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES....you people are both naive and crazy for not buying the bias.

Refs have been really good to us esp in the Bolts and Pats game.
3 TD called back at crucial moments in the game.
Or how about that fumble in the Panther game?????
Goes both ways....I guess.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
I am one not to complain about penalties and which team has the most yards BUT you also must take into consideration, WHEN they are called which is important.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I think some posters are getting confused between "conspiracy" and "home cooking".

Chiefs were getting some home cooking at Arrowhead, they usually always do.

Conspiracy would require an effort among mulitple officiating crews league wide over multiple games, I have yet to see evidence of that this season. Not saying its not possible, just highly improbably considering our record.

Chiefs "usually always do" get home cooking based on what evidence?

TWOK11

Reaction score
Genuinely not sure I’ve ever seen such a dramatic point differential on the basis of bad/missed/ticky tack calls.

They cost us 10 offensive points, and directly gave the Raiders 16 points. We only gained 3 points as the direct result of officiating.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Oh please. Blame the refs all you want but Dallas was PATHETIC TODAY and deserves to be MASSACRED by the media for the coming week. I expect players to be cut first thing in the morning. This team is GARBAGE.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I've never seen it this bad. It was garbage calls all game long. And I used to think complaining about the officials was petty.

Not today. Something is going against the Cowboys. And the officials aren't even bothering making it look good anymore. It's blatant.