Officiating sucks and/or is fixed quit picking on Brittany thread

ColoradoCowboy

Reaction score
No, my understanding is it is called from the spot of the foul. Since it wasn't called at the LOS, but near the end of the play was why it was spotted the way it was. Sucks but I think it was correct based on the rules.
When the offense is called for Holding, the play is negated. So how can they mark off the penalty from the END OF THE PLAY when the spot of the Hold was about the 40? How is it 1st and 8 AFTER the Hold? I mean, I have only been watching (and briefly playing) football for 49 years (my earliest football memories are from 1972) and I have NEVER seen Holding marked off this way at any level.

boysbeyond4ever

Reaction score
However, I have absolutely no problem with a call being made right when it was wrong. The face-mask penalty was the correct call. I don't care if they used the big board to get it right, but believe they should do it the same way every time to be fair. Not sure we know that they used the big board, though. One official was right there when the face mask happened, so maybe the crowd prompted to conference, but the call was there to make without any assistance.

Agreed problem NFL don't allow that to happen Mike Perieira said as much on -mike. I have no problem if they cjhange that but they haven't changed that, so they shouldn't be doing it, period, except for the situations that actually allow which involve unsportsmanlike conduct and behaviors which lead to ejections.

It also further raises questions about the face mask that was called in Kansas City in another game that the same Jumbotron replays that time showed never happened. That wasn't even against us which raises questions not merely about anti-Dallas bias in this action today, but pro-Kansas City bias or even less savory considerations.

lqmac1

Reaction score
In other news: This move shuffling Steele to LT has been awful. I’m not only talking playing wise, I’m talking mentality, confidence & all of the above it’s messed with for him. He was solid as hell at RT after overcoming the same emotions and mental blocks he’s currently probably going through again, due to his rookie season.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dallas won the toss, and tossed their cookies. They are not ready for the big stage. They better beat the brakes off of the Raiders. I mean at least two Mieneke truckloads. I make no excuse for any loss for this team. It is what it is.

Skafko

Reaction score
My opinion: In first half Cowboys were beneficiary from official, In second half Chiefs. Maybe I need tin foil hat, but I saw this trend too many times in NFL (officiating favoring one team in one half and another in second)

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Simple question. Have the refs ever before consulted the Jumbotron, and had a “discussion”, then called a penalty?

Cowfan75

Reaction score
We've seen the officials make up their own rules as they go along in recent years. It is today's NFL. I mean, there are no consequences for officials, so...let's get together and change a call that can't be changed, because we can.

Cmac

Reaction score
Let's not do this again.......viewing film should be enough additional insult for the team.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Younger officials with goals of making a career out of officiating and evaluations that the career depend on.
They should also have to answer questions about questionable calls.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Taunting is a point of emphasis so that call was as clear-cut as the wave that Lamb got fined for. We may not like it, but it's the rule.
It’s the rule. I don’t like it but it was called correctly. What I don’t get is why they said it as after the TD. It happened at the 2 yard line before he scored. I thought it should have negated the TD.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
The one call that really bothered me was the holding call on Steele. It canceled a nice gain. On that play the defender started with a hands to the face then moved to a clear face mask and was pulling Steele down by his face mask which caused the hold. How do you see the hold but not the face mask? He was still holding on to the face mask when the flag was thrown.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
If you watched this game....and the Steelers/Chargers game....pretty sure you can see the difference when a team gets calls....and when another doesn't.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Officiating has sucked for every team in one game or another. Yea, it was bad again. Very bad. About as bad as Dallas' offense looked. But, I can watch any other NFL game and still wonder what the heck are the officials thinking. I found it hilarious that right when the BIG GUY of officiating said they shouldn't. They did. LOL.. yeah, LVE should've been called for PI, IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM should Parsons got flagged for tapping Mahomes. Gallup should've had two calls in favor for him. But, it just doesn't work that way. Officiating is not consistent at all. And, I agree with the refs don't suffer any blow back from the top office dudes, so, big deal.

Mannix

Reaction score
Even though they said that, they must think it had something to do with it or they wouldn’t have made a post whining about an imaginary bias right after we lost.
My real focus and what had me upset was that once again we were victim of a call or rule that happens against no other team....the rule in this case that you NEVER use a JUMBO TRON to retroactively call a penalty AFTER THE FACT....not whining that we lost the game because of terrible calls...we didn't. That will happen later this season in Green Bay.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
It’s the rule. I don’t like it but it was called correctly. What I don’t get is why they said it as after the TD. It happened at the 2 yard line before he scored. I thought it should have negated the TD.

I don't know. I haven't paid enough attention to see if it has been normally enforced after the result of the play.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Using the big board to call a penalty after the fact ONLY happens to Dallas. Did officiating cost us the game? NO...but it certainly does not help when a PI goes uncalled near the goal line. But my point is to those who still do not believe that there is a bias against this team, and reinforces my belief that officials have ZERO fear of ANY repercussion from NY when they do whatever the hell they want screwing us over....using the big board AFTER you missed a call is NOT ALLOWED...EVER...UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES....you people are both naive and crazy for not buying the bias.

So you believe there is blatant bias and yet you sit down and watch the games knowing the inevitable outcome right?

Who’s crazy again?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Agreed problem NFL don't allow that to happen Mike Perieira said as much on -mike. I have no problem if they cjhange that but they haven't changed that, so they shouldn't be doing it, period, except for the situations that actually allow which involve unsportsmanlike conduct and behaviors which lead to ejections.

It also further raises questions about the face mask that was called in Kansas City in another game that the same Jumbotron replays that time showed never happened. That wasn't even against us which raises questions not merely about anti-Dallas bias in this action today, but pro-Kansas City bias or even less savory considerations.

Pereira said the NFL doesn't allow New York to make a call like that when looking at the footage. We don't have any evidence that the officials consulted New York or even the Jumbotron. The way it came across may have made it look that way, but it could have simply been a matter of one official going, "Wait a minute, I saw a face mask."

As I said, I really don't have a problem with it because it was the correct call. I don't care how they get there. Now, the pass interference penalties they blew are another story.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
I don't know. I haven't paid enough attention to see if it has been normally enforced after the result of the play.

My guess is that almost every taunting call happens after the play is over so it would be enforced that way. This happened during the play so I don't understand why they would enforce it after the play like a dead ball foul. If he had crossed the goalline, it then is a dead ball foul and it would make sense. But the actual taunting happened before he crossed, so I am confused as to why it was treated like a dead ball foul. Maybe it was enforced correctly, I honestly do not know just seems strange if that is the rule.

conner01

Reaction score
Both teams got good breaks from the officiating today. It is what it is.
They let the cb get very aggressive but seemed to go both ways
I don’t think they actually called the penalty from upstairs
I think there was multiple flags and when it was announced the other official pointed out there was two penalties