Oh those classy Eagles fans.....

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
You can't complain if you were warned.

I'm not saying it was right, but they knew it was coming.

And to the people who said they hope we lose on Sunday:

Do you have a death wish for the Falcon fans at the game?
I rate this a 10 on the crap-o-meter.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Dough Boy said:
The voice of indocility has a tag name (AJM). I found it odd that an eagles fan would post constantly on a Cowboys board, but now it all makes sense. You obviously have lost your way.
No sir! I can't speak for AJM, or any other non-Cowboy fans, but a good healthy site contains more than a one-dimensional point of view about football related issues. This may come as a shock to you, but fans like AJM bring credibility to this board. BTW, this isn't the only message board that AJM frequents. In fact, he is a well respected member of another board that I coincidentally have posted with.

So don't act like this is your exclusive site -- sure, collectively it is predominantly a Cowboys site; but don't be so selfish. I'm actually proud of AJM for surviving with this MB so long, and following the MB rules as a distinguished Poster. Try to express your point of view to a group that is ready to jump down your throat with little or no provocation; it's not easy.

But this site has a Lot of potential; despite the fact that it is predominantly a Cowboy MB. Try suriving at another team's MB and you'll empathize be able to with us.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:

I'll take this as an admission that Eagles fans are the worst in the league, thank you very much.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:

Are you kidding me? Its every ones right to attend a sporting event. Other teams fans help pay the home teams salary to.

Thats the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen you write. Those fans are just the lowest living forum of human beings.

AJM1613

Reaction score
Waffle said:
AJM...I am somewhat shocked at your response to be honest. I've usually respected your opinions here on the board in spite of the fact that Philly is your team. With that being said, this post is just a pathetic attempt in trying to justify Philly fans' behavior in my opinion.

You should be able to go to a visitor's stadium and watch a game without fearing for your physical safety just for wearing a jersey or cheering for the visitor. You shouldn't have to 'BE WARNED' because that kind of crap shouldn't be occurring on a regular basis to begin with.

I've been to several away games (KC, NO, ARI, STL) and never felt my safety (or my family's) was ever in question. If this type of behavior really occurs at the Linc consistently, you should be embarrassed instead of making up excuses and blaming the visitor because he/she was "warned".

If you read my other post, what I said here came out wrong.

I don't justify what they did, it's terrible and pointless, but they did know it was coming. If you're told "go into Philadelphia wearing a Vikings jersey and you will be harrassed", you go into Philadelphia knowing you will be harrassed. She went, wore the jersey of the other team, knowing what was coming, and was harrassed. That's not condoning what they did, it was wrong.

You shouldn't have to be warned, but she was.

The second half was because I don't want this to happen, it would be better for the fans there if we won.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
No sir! I can't speak for AJM, or any other non-Cowboy fans, but a good healthy site contains more than a one-dimensional point of view about football related issues. This may come as a shock to you, but fans like AJM bring credibility to this board. BTW, this isn't the only message board that AJM frequents. In fact, he is a well respected member of another board that I coincidentally have posted with.

So don't act like this is your exclusive site -- sure, collectively it is predominantly a Cowboys site; but don't be so selfish. I'm actually proud of AJM for surviving with this MB so long, and following the MB rules as a distinguished Poster. Try to express your point of view to a group that is ready to jump down your throat with little or no provocation; it's not easy.

But this site has a Lot of potential; despite the fact that it is predominantly a Cowboy MB. Try suriving at another team's MB and you'll empathize be able to with us.
I believe we are the most tolerant message board of other team's fans that there is. Until someone proves that they are a troll we give them every opportunity to be a part of this forum and community. We have even had fans of other teams join here that had offensive usernames. I have changed their usernames and invited them to stay and post here. No way in hell a Cowboys fan would get that same courtesy on another team's message board.

That said, AJM's comment was asinine and there is no excuse for it. He ought to apologize for it. His call though.

Personally I think he stuck his foot in his mouth. If he were to end up banned from here I would consider it no loss after a comment like that.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
I went to the Cowboys/Panthers game last season. I took a friend, his Gf and my wife. All of us wearing Cowboys garb from head to toe. Some jack azz approached my wive yelling and screaming as I was at the beer stand buying beer. Before I could get two steps to the huy about ten Panther fans were in his face and ready to kick his azz.

We had a ton of fun razzing eachother all game long. At the games end it was well wishes and good lucks.

I have been to the Meadow lands and the same thing, a lot of fun.
I have been to Rich Stadium ane yet the same thing.

Its only low life Philly, they shouldnt be allowed to have a team if thats status quo. :iggles:

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Hostile said:
I believe we are the most tolerant message board of other team's fans that there is. Until someone proves that they are a troll we give them every opportunity to be a part of this forum and community. We have even had fans of other teams join here that had offensive usernames. I have changed their usernames and invited them to stay and post here. No way in hell a Cowboys fan would get that same courtesy on another team's message board.

That said, AJM's comment was asinine and there is no excuse for it. He ought to apologize for it. His call though.

Personally I think he stuck his foot in his mouth. If he were to end up banned form here I would consider it no loss after a comment like that.

Amen. Hos.

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:

I don't justify what they did, it's terrible and pointless, but they did know it was coming. If you're told "go into Philadelphia wearing a Vikings jersey and you will be harrassed", you go into Philadelphia knowing you will be harrassed. She went, wore the jersey of the other team, knowing what was coming, and was harrassed. That's not condoning what they did, it was wrong.

The second half was because I don't want this to happen, it would be better for the fans there if we won.
You shouldn't be harrassed at "The Linc" the first place just for being a fan of the visiting team...that's my point. Who cares about the stupid "warning" she got. Those idiotic Eagle fans that seem to make up a large portion of the home crowd do not deserve an NFC Championship, much less a Super Bowl win.

diehard2294

America's Team
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:

you said it right she shouln't have to be warned. That is ridiculous,and shows the class of most Eagles fans. Thus the reason I thoroughly dislike them, not for their team rather the obnoxious fans. I remember being at Texas stadium when the niners blasted Dallas 38-10, and a cowboys fan threw a niners fans hat over the railing. I can tell you we almost threw that cowboy fan over with the hat for doing it. Theirs nothing wrong with you guys being on this board because it's been civilazed football talk,nothing wrong with that
:)

AJM1613

Reaction score
Waffle said:
You shouldn't be harrassed at "The Linc" the first place just for being a fan of the visiting team...that's my point. Who cares about the stupid "warning" she got. Those idiotic Eagle fans that seem to make up a large portion of the home crowd do not deserve an NFC Championship, much less a Super Bowl win.

I agree with most of what you said, but I don't care if the city doesn't deserve to go to the Super Bowl, the team does and I want one.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:

i have enjoyed many of AJM's posts and his addition of an eagles fan's perspective. but the issue is not cowboys VS. eagles. the issue is a very dangerous trend towards fan violence - a subject NOT UNREASONABLY associated with the home fans at the Vet and now the Linc. if ANY poster here excuses this thuggish behavior - THEY are equally at fault. if any dallas fans act in a SIMILAR way at Texas Stadium - they should have their @$$es run out for good.
there is no sane defense for this activity and looking the other way only allows it to continue. fans need to check their behavior and police their own. teams like the eagles need to beef up their security and make a bigger effort to arrest the punks who ruin it for everybody else. does the Linc have a jail built in?

AJM1613

Reaction score
Hostile said:

Personally I think he stuck his foot in his mouth. If he were to end up banned form here I would consider it no loss after a comment like that.

I'm not going to apologize for it because I have nothing wrong with what I said.

You can't complain about something that you knew was going to happen. It should have never happened and it was wrong, but she went there fully expecting it.

Ban me for it...I don't care...

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
:moonbart:
AJM1613 said:
I agree with most of what you said, but I don't care if the city doesn't deserve to go to the Super Bowl, the team does and I want one.
well you're not gonna get one. You can thank your fans for that, karma is a *****!

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
tothewhipbill said:
i have enjoyed many of AJM's posts and his addition of an eagles fan's perspective. but the issue is not cowboys VS. eagles. the issue is a very dangerous trend towards fan violence - a subject NOT UNREASONABLY associated with the home fans at the Vet and now the Linc. if ANY poster here excuses this thuggish behavior - THEY are equally at fault. if any dallas fans act in a SIMILAR way at Texas Stadium - they should have their @$$es run out for good.
there is no sane defense for this activity and looking the other way only allows it to continue. fans need to check their behavior and police their own. teams like the eagles need to beef up their security and make a bigger effort to arrest the punks who ruin it for everybody else. does the Linc have a jail built in?
Well, they ought to go ahead and just put bars around every seating section and slap a open hole potty in each of 'em.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Hostile said:
He ought to apologize for it. His call though. Personally I think he stuck his foot in his mouth. If he were to end up banned form here I would consider it no loss after a comment like that.
Mr. Hostile:

I agree. This MB is one of the more lenient MBs toward opponent team fans. That's why I'd ask that everyone give him the benefit of the doubt. AJM is a "Senior Member," of the Cowboys zone; with up to now, a high standing posting record. I believe AJM has already apologized by saying that his words came out wrong. I've followed AJMs posts for some time -- in the majority of his posts he gives both pros and cons with fairs assessments about football related issues.

His comments were not directed toward a Cowboys fan, nor this board. Heck, he didn't even support the bad treatment of the "Vikings fan." If you can't overlook one bad post from a senior member in good standing; what chance do any of the rest of us have to successfully contribute to some good honest football chatter.

Let it go!

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
I'm not going to apologize for it because I have nothing wrong with what I said.

You can't complain about something that you knew was going to happen. It should have never happened and it was wrong, but she went there fully expecting it.

You won't get banned. He said, if you ever end up banned he wouldn't regret it. The fact that you think a women has no right to complain after being harrassed after just trying to support her son/team because she had been warned, speaks volumes.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:

Strike 2.