On a scale of 1 to 10-how stoked are you for this season?

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
I'm at a 10.... like every year. But that's because I love the NFL.

I don't think WE will be that good, but I won't let that fact rain on my parade

J_Allen

Reaction score
Being a Dallas Cowboys fair weather fan is often seen negatively because it shows a lack of loyalty and commitment. True fans support their team through both victories and losses, demonstrating dedication and resilience. Fair weather fans, on the other hand, may abandon the team during tough times, which can undermine the sense of community and shared passion that defines genuine fandom.
You can't call us fair weather fans if we've been through 29 years of this.

Supporting this team is like giving an addict money. They're actually getting worse when you do that. This team needs to hit rock bottom and they won't do it as long as there are fans like you handing them money just like they're a bum holding up a sign. You get nothing in return.

We've had enough. You can be a cheerleader for this **** show if you want but we're not and we don't need to be criticized for it.

Last edited:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Supporting this team is like giving an addict money. They're actually getting worse when you do that. This team needs to hit rock bottom and they won't do it as long as there are fans like you handing them money just like they're a bum holding up a sign. You get nothing in return.

We've had enough. You can be a cheerleader for this **** show if you want but we're not and we don't need to be criticized for it.
Another bitter fan. I understand. By the way, do you watch the Cowboys on TV? So yeah, you’re lining his pockets just as much as I am then.

Mark

Reaction score
2/10. Worst case of Cowboys ennui since the mid-Eighties.

Sucks to go into a new season with no sense of optimism. Who knows...this club may surprise us? But I sense not.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
1. Only because 0 wasn't one of the choices.

Don't misunderstand me, I'm still a diehard Cowboys fan. Probably always will be. But I've had my hopes dashed so many times and Jerry is still the general manager. Why get stoked? What of any significance has changed in the last 29 years?

Nothing. Retread coaches, stupid drafted players and lack of a coherent free agent policy.

I'll watch, but hopes? Zero...

ksadler1

Reaction score
I was tempted to go with a 4, but I'll be a little less optimistic and say 3. Until l see some killer instinct in this team and coaching staff, it's hard for me to get too excited. I see a below .500 team right now. The horrible officiating the past couple years didn't help either. It's ruining the NFL. I'd like to be able to tell that the NFL has addressed this, but l'm not getting my hopes up. Hoping for the best, but . . .

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score

:hammer:

tomokawan

Reaction score
I never thought I'd find humor in losses, but Jerry has made it so I do.
I hate to say it, but I find myself also laughing at how bad we look in some games. Never use to do that before. More times than not, it is due to a hapless defense.

kskboys

Reaction score
I hate to say it, but I find myself also laughing at how bad we look in some games. Never use to do that before. More times than not, it is due to a hapless defense.
And it's hapless due to major holes in key areas. Which Jerry refuses to address sufficiently.

kskboys

Reaction score
Interesting thought. I wonder what Dak actually thinks the reason was for the GB debacle along with the other playoff failures.
Not what WE think, what HE thinks.
Dak's not all the problem, but he's certainly part of the problem, so I wonder if he realizes that or if he just convinces himself that it's
the rest of the team. :huh:
Not sure he ever stops thinking about money long enough to think about anything else.

kskboys

Reaction score
Being a Dallas Cowboys fair weather fan is often seen negatively because it shows a lack of loyalty and commitment. True fans support their team through both victories and losses, demonstrating dedication and resilience. Fair weather fans, on the other hand, may abandon the team during tough times, which can undermine the sense of community and shared passion that defines genuine fandom.
Supporting your team does not consist of lying to yourself.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Not sure he ever stops thinking about money long enough to think about anything else.
That's a fair possibility. I used to be a little more lenient where Dak was concerned, but this year IMO he's shown his true colors and I've seen enough. I didn't like the last monster contract he weaseled, but this time takes the cake. His threats and obvious greed have shown the more he gets, the more he wants. The Cowboys have made him a multi, multi, multi millionaire and he doesn't have the class to appreciate it. All he wants is more, and any way he can get it.
He's even making up lies now to try and justify it, like he's doing it for the other QBs. Baloney! If he's so worried about the welfare of other players, where's his concern for his very own team mates?
How many of his team mates have received less so he could get more?
How many of his team mates have been cut in an effort for the team to afford Dak's greed?
Bottom line is, the guy has no class and I've got no more time for him.

Verdict

Reaction score
3. I’m sure it will get better as the season progresses, but right now I’m pretty indifferent.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I hate to say this but I am at about a 4. I am really not into it that much but I will hang in there and root for my Cowboys but they are not a priority atm. I admit the season should be exciting from the standpoint that a lot of unknowns are gonna present itself as emerging players emerge and players not living up to their billing getting benched...well not sure about the last one. Go Cowboys!.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Supporting your team does not consist of lying to yourself.
True, neither does it require dedication to Dak Prescot. I'm still a Dallas Cowboys fan and I'm still going to watch every single game whether they make it to the Super Bowl or not. I'll worry about a Super Bowl in February, but meantime I've got a lot of serious Cowboy football to enjoy this fall.
But if Dak goes to another team or leaves for any other reason, don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya. The sooner the better.

Dallas_Cowboys50

Reaction score
I guess I'll go with 5, Im stoked that football is back, along with my favorite weather/season right around the corner. I will be cheering for Dallas just as I have for 40 years now, but I have absolutely Zero expectations this team, even if we have another stellar Regular season, Im just gonna be cynical about our playoff chances. But its a win-win either way, either they finally surprise us all and have a deep playoff run, or its time to clean house. New coaching staff, new QB etc.

HungryLion

Reaction score

I don’t think they are going to contend for a title. So I don’t have the excitement about the possibility.

That being said, there’s young players I want to watch develop. So I’m excited for that.

if it is in fact a rebuild season where they let some contracts expire and swap out the QB and HC combo. I’m cool with that. It just doesn’t lead to much excitement for this season.

Praxit

Reaction score
....McCarthy has me stoked to at least 12 on Richter scale

Lame duck walking. Either this guy, blows it up, or shows Jerry what happens when he gets cornered...;)..