Once Again, Dalton folds in a big game

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
No, I'm with you on needing a much better improved Defense, especially against the run. But you're missing the point: it is better to know AND TO KEEP a QB who has been groomed into such a prolific passer like Dak has, than to be depending on a career long game manager who chokes under pressure, especially in big games, like Andy Dalton has.

Well.. I don't believe Dak is a prolific passer.

The teams he passed well against suck at defending the pass..

Just like the previous season when he accumulated the majority of his stats against 3 teams picking top 5.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
This. Dak has one playoff win in 4 full seasons, that's it. I seriously don't understand some people's fetish for this guy. He's a slightly above average QB at best.
Peyton Manning was 0-4 in playoffs when he started.

and because he has one win in playoffs, does it mean he will not win another one or can't get to the superbowl? is that the indication a team should move from a QB?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
you, yes you used playoff record to measure....I used the same measure....now you complain and want to change the standard yet again...

you can't stick to anything can you?

Yeah but Peyton is elite..

I don't mind paying elite players elite money.

I also don't mind paying the Dak's of the world if they have actually won something.

My problem is when the Dak's want Peyton money and have nothing to show for it.

catiii

Reaction score
and now, having seen first hand, I am not sure he is even the answer to back up QB spot, if all he is able to do is beat 4-11 teams playing their back up QBs....a back up should be capable of keeping the team competitive, against average and good teams...he was never able to do that....

keeping Dalton is a mistake even as a back up....we could at least keep a low round draft developmental player. Dalton is not even developmental and there is no upside.
Neither was Stats Prescott.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Well.. I don't believe Dak is a prolific passer.

The teams he passed well against suck at defending the pass..

Just like the previous season when he accumulated the majority of his stats against 3 teams picking top 5.
spin spin spin spin spin spin...

Rams #1 defense,
cleveland #17
Giants #12

and Dalton accumulated some little stats against three teams with 4 wins.....melted. absolutely melted against average teams. he couldn't beat starting QBs..

that's your hero?

Motorola

Reaction score
He's played one team with a winning record, and he's 0-1 in that one game.

He has 4 wins, but they were to the Vikings, the Niners, the Eagles, and Bengals. Dak at least beat the Rams and the Eagles last year... teams that had a winning record.
For the just completed 2020 season, however, Prescott was 0-3 versus winning teams (btw all of them are in the playoffs- Rams, Seahawks, Browns). And the lone victory he quarterbacked was over the Falcons - who up 4-12.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
spin spin spin spin spin spin...

Rams #1 defense,
cleveland #17
Giants #12

and Dalton accumulated some little stats against three teams with 4 wins.....melted. absolutely melted against average teams. he couldn't beat starting QBs..

that's your hero?

Again.. Dalton is a below average player.

We can do better than him and we don't need to spend 37 million to get the same results we would with your hero.

ShaneFalco

Reaction score
For the just completed 2020 season, however, Prescott was 0-3 versus winning teams (btw all of them are in the playoffs- Rams, Seahawks, Browns). And the lone victory he quarterbacked was over the Falcons - who up 4-12.
Oh jeez. Someone bringing facts to the table...

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
there is a big difference..

one, you jus put wins and losses on the QB and only the QB right?

second, we were competitive, within a score with a few minutes to go in each of those games vs. being down 30 in the 4th quarter with 5 minutes to go.

which do you prefer? being competitive? or being blown out? choose

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Again.. Dalton is a below average player.

We can do better than him and we don't need to spend 37 million to get the same results we would with your hero.
so you want to go with a basement bargain for QB, thinking that you will build this great defense with lets say 30M extra, but you can't name who, how you will do it...just a fantasy...right? so how many players will it take to over come the huge, astronomical drop in QB play? will you be able to find enough players to compensate for that much suckiness?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
No, your standards are based on winning one playoff game.
You say Dak is good cause he won 1 playoff game so he’s “elite” and worth “elite” money.
And that laughably stupid and as I pointed out, no one gave Plummer who’s had much more success than “Stats” elite money.
I never said Dak is good because he won one playoff games? don't make up stuff now....stay honest.

I used your standard and measured somebody else with it and now you are throwing a hissy fit.

ShaneFalco

Reaction score
there is a big difference..

one, you jus put wins and losses on the QB and only the QB right?

second, we were competitive, within a score with a few minutes to go in each of those games vs. being down 30 in the 4th quarter with 5 minutes to go.

which do you prefer? being competitive? or being blown out? choose

Did you know Jake Plummer has over 20 4th qtr or overtime come from behind victories?
Man, if we only had a Plummer level QB in those games your referencing....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I didn't buy into Dalton either. I think he's below average.. But I knew he could win games at the same rate Dak does for this team.

Not only did he do it.. He did it while being surrounded by absolute chaos.
so context is meaningless to you? beating a 4 win team with their back up QB and getting blown out by starting QBs is the same to you?

can you do me a favor and gaurantee that we will play 8 teams with 4 wins next year....then I would be Ok with Dalton....just gaurantee me that...

ShaneFalco

Reaction score
I never said Dak is good because he won one playoff games? don't make up stuff now....stay honest.

I used your standard and measured somebody else with it and now you are throwing a hissy fit.

You said it numerous times in recent posts and claimed that there is a metric for Peyton Manning not being elite based off going 0-4 in his 1st 4 playoff games.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Did you know Jake Plummer has over 20 4th qtr or overtime come from behind victories?
Man, if we only had a Plummer level QB in those games your referencing....
like I said Plummer is your hero...and you seem either defensive or offended, I can't tell which.....

question: do you have a poster of Plummer in your bedroom?