One Of Our Own Has Died in Combat... Funeral Photograph Added, Post #200

xpistofer

Reaction score
To Scott's family - I am so thankful for Scott and those like him - willing to serve and even die in order to protect our country and the freedom we enjoy. We all know that freedom is very costly, and we know that you have paid the ultimate price, but please know that there are many who are truly grateful and who will remember that cost and try to conduct their lives in a manner worthy of such precious freedom.

God bless you!

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
Sometimes we get caught up in the political nature of where we are militarily in the world. The debates can go on forever.

As a veteran myself, my heart goes to his family for their loss. Also as a veteran, I understand the sense of duty Scott felt during his time. It wasn't so much about preservation of life, rather it was preservation of our freedoms that we enjoy. Freedom to have a cold beverage while watching our Boys play, as i'm sure Scott did. Freedom to have independent thoughts that are your own, not the party line.

Never forget that the men and women who serve, just like Scott, have volunteered to ensure that we can continue to live the freedoms we so enjoy.

I didn't know Scott nor am I aware of any exchanges we might have had in this forum. But what I do know about Scott and his dedication to service and this country is that he is a true hero. He knew the dangers of serving, yet he was willing to die for me and my values. Thank you Scott. God be with you.

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
Thank you for your sacrifice Scott,and may God bless your family during this time.:america:

IlliniNation

Reaction score
My prayers and thoughts go towards his family and friends. Thank you for all you did for our country.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I found the rest of the picture posted in the original post. Look at the smile on this child.

scott_thumb.jpg

A quote from the article.

Scott wasn't a front line 'grunt' that went around with firearms like is always shown in the media. While in Africa, he was the commander of Civil Affairs Team 412, a team whose mission included coordination with Ugandan leaders and the Uganda People’s Defense Force military to help carry out the government’s plan for recovery, development and peace. This initiative resettled displaced persons into villages where infrastructures have been restored. While there, civil affairs team members repaired 63 wells in Lira and Pader districts at a cost of $120,000, positively affecting 250,000 villagers.

But Scott did more than the official work reported in this "Defend America" article. In his 'personal time', he adopted an orphanage. Mind you, not a single orphan, but an entire orphanage! While in Africa, his communications with home didn't include requests for personal comfort items, but instead listed items for a poorly supplied orphanage in his area. Our church had the honor of sending box after box of supplies so that Scott could share a some of our country's "wealth" with those who needed it. Scott wasn't big on asking for himself, but he was huge on helping others. For this reason, Scott will be missed by even those he was sent to protect/serve.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
man i truly hope he R.I.P. sadly this happens in war and i will just leave it at that...

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
I don't know if this has already been asked

but it would be nice if one you mods, or advanced search wizzes, pull up some of his posts

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2111156 said:
I don't know if this has already been asked

but it would be nice if one you mods, or advanced search wizzes, pull up some of his posts
In the original post there is a link to his profile here. You can click on it and see all of his posts. bbgun posted an amazing one earlier.

Big D

Reaction score
RIP. and when you get to heaven, say hello to coach Landry for me.

heavyg

Reaction score
God Bless you and your family. Thank you for serving this Country.

burmafrd

Reaction score
I am betting that Landry makes sure he has seats on the 50 yd line up there.

vlad

Reaction score
A true American hero...thank you for your protection and service.