One of the worse wins this team has ever had

rambo2

Reaction score
LOL.

Sure you didnt.

Hows that running back room looking to you? How about the defense they lost all those starters on?

You assured me they would be ok.

How you feeling about your assessment?
Better than it seems. I feel ok.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Normally I've not the one to be negative about a game the Cowboys win. But this win just makes me have an dejected feeling. Nothing they did tonight makes me believe they'll be better than a 7 or 8 win team at most.
Sorry there is no worst win a win is a win a loss is a loss and I don't care what you say this was on three days rest having to go on the road on a Thursday night after playing a very physical game and was I think it carried over some from the Ravens of this game and whether it looked bad to you or not I believe it's always a step in the right direction when you win a game on a short week on the road outdoors against a divisional opponent and now you get 10 days to get prepared..

There is no level of winning and losing every week is different it's a week to week league and we're gonna get better after each win or after each loss and I'd rather it be a learning lesson after a win..

I'm sorry you don't think it was impressive but I think fans who say these things need to stick their head in the hole and fill it up with water because you guys are just ridiculous we needed to win we got the win that's it that's all we needed I mean you're literally not even thinking about how hard it is to go against a physical team in the Ravens and have to fight to the very end and then get on the flight and go to New York and play outdoors against the division rival who's tired of losing to you short handed by the way. This is just another step in the right direction in my opinion it may not look pretty but it didn't have to the job is to win the game and they won the game and the next game it will not be the same this is a week to week league and you guys keep thinking it's not it's very much a a clean slate every week.

Now you have to figure out you have 10 days to get healthier and prepare for another physical team that's just a little poorer version of the Ravens which we just played so that should help us we gotta go into Pittsburgh and win a game that's all I'm focused on not how pretty or unpretty you call this win I never liked the term ugly win no you're supposed to score one more point than the other team and that's all they needed to do...

blueblood70

Reaction score
There is no such thing. Sometimes when you are struggling like the Cowboys are you just need a win of any kind. I will never say a win is the worst we've ever had. That doesn't exist.
I didn't know they put levels of wins what do you mean of any kind there's only one kind you're supposed to beat your opponent by one point or more and they absolutely got that accomplished on three days rest after getting beat up by the Ravens it's a very physical game you go on the road outdoors against a team that's tired of losing to you they did everything they could to try to beat us and we won the game

fancy trying to put levels on it like there's little colors or pins that tell you what kind of win or a loss it is no it isn't it's a week to week league you leave it in the rearview mirror and you go on to the next game that's it... I'm betting in New York at the end won that game they wouldn't be talking about how ugly of a weenie was they literally would have been bragging they would have been happy hell they might have flipped cars and started bonfires in New York City Manhattan might be on fire right now but we win the game and all our guys didn't look that excited they are back to business they're talking about things that need to be fixed before the Pittsburgh game that's how it should be this is just one of 17 and we have what 12 left we got plenty of time to get ourselves going in the right direction and each game I think they're trying to figure out the weaknesses and Mike zimmer's trying his hardest to figure out what he has it doesn't have with an offseason in which the GM didn't give him many pieces we lost more good players than we added back I mean you act like Gilmore and Fowler and Armstrong and then Sam Williams gets hurt and now bland went out I mean we're just trying to figure this out..

No the game didn't excite me but the win definitely satisfied me I mean I I don't understand why there have to be levels in grades there is none there's a win and there's a loss they equally count all on the calendar and I remember the 90s Cowboys having the same types of games in the middle of a Super Bowl run they lost to lesser opponents they barely beat less their opponents they squeaked out wins all the time have you seen Troy aikman's numbers I mean this is just football this is sports it's just about winning and losing that's it..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Isn’t this always better than a good loss? :oops:
Yeah I do believe we have the type of fan base that would have rather had lost 35 to 34 LOSS and had a bunch of big plays ,sacks, interceptions, fumble recoverie, look really really pretty, but lose.

I think they do that already with the 12 win seasons not enough going to the playoffs 5 out of the last eight years is enough because they're really mad at the last game being bad because why they want higher draft picks I think they would be happier with spending more money in the offseason and higher draft picks trade it for A 5 win season because I think they want to brag about the game...Need those Fantasy points LOL

blueblood70

Reaction score
If the outcome was 3-2 than that would be a worst win.
I still would've taken that, this is not about whether you don't score a point in regular and it's 0-0 and you go into overtime and win with a field goal..

it's the same this is about fans feelings but for the team they need to get out there with a with a win and I think that this is something that can grow with there were still some things that need to be fixed but I with a short week 3 days to go on the road outdoors against a team that really wanted to beat your *** because they're tired of losing to you and we won the game that's all you need to do is win the game.

I think the problem here is fans need to stop but the analytics the 24/7 365 days of breaking down film fantasy football points they want things to look pretty they want to feel pretty you know go put on a Froiggin dress, lipstick, and high heels , because this is football, and wins are all that matter...No such thing as level of win..

And by the way I truthfully think this would have been worse if we had dominated the giants 40 to nothing or whatever the score was last year in game one and been feeling our flowers and high on ourselves I'd rather have a game where you didn't play very well but you took a win but you can see there's still a lot of work to do these kind of wins are the best kind of wins because you're not getting people talking about how great you are and how good you are and how great you play no they're saying you won the game but you still got tons of work to do before you meet Pittsburgh Detroit and San Francisco...

JustChip

Reaction score
Geez. This was a road Division game on 3 days rest after a very physical game. The better teams/favorites have been decimated the first 3 weeks of the season. Yes, it was a sloppy game, but take the win. There’ll be enough losses to bemoan the rest of the season.

JustChip

Reaction score
I still would've taken that, this is not about whether you don't score a point in regular and it's 0-0 and you go into overtime and win with a field goal..

it's the same this is about fans feelings but for the team they need to get out there with a with a win and I think that this is something that can grow with there were still some things that need to be fixed but I with a short week 3 days to go on the road outdoors against a team that really wanted to beat your *** because they're tired of losing to you and we won the game that's all you need to do is win the game.

I think the problem here is fans need to stop but the analytics the 24/7 365 days of breaking down film fantasy football points they want things to look pretty they want to feel pretty you know go put on a Froiggin dress, lipstick, and high heels , because this is football, and wins are all that matter...No such thing as level of win..

And by the way I truthfully think this would have been worse if we had dominated the giants 40 to nothing or whatever the score was last year in game one and been feeling our flowers and high on ourselves I'd rather have a game where you didn't play very well but you took a win but you can see there's still a lot of work to do these kind of wins are the best kind of wins because you're not getting people talking about how great you are and how good you are and how great you play no they're saying you won the game but you still got tons of work to do before you meet Pittsburgh Detroit and San Francisco...
Well said.

gtb1943

Reaction score
WE defeated one of the worst teams in the NFL

and did not look impressive at all in doing it

so anyone calling this a good win is a moron

Fmart322

Reaction score
Normally I've not the one to be negative about a game the Cowboys win. But this win just makes me have an dejected feeling. Nothing they did tonight makes me believe they'll be better than a 7 or 8 win team at most.
That's because that's what they are, an 8 or 9 win team. A middle of the road team.
After this offseason most people saw what was coming this year.
We all just need to accept it.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I do not understand how its a bad win?

If our team is really bad then it will be shown in the next 3 weeks ........ but that has nothing to do with this win.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'll take a ugly win over a beautiful loss any day.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
At least until the next game.
I wouldn’t be marking the Steelers down as a win. They’re currently 3-0 and it the game is on the road. The Cowboys don’t have a very good team. That’s just being honest.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
They’re not even that high of a win team, not with this schedule at least.

Maybe 3 wins max.

Don’t be dejected. We need to tank anyways. If anything, winning hurt this team more than helped it. This team is not going anywhere this season. That is extremely clear to me and it should be to anyone with common sense. Why not just tank for a good pick and start rebuilding the team?

You have to have a little bit of rain to get sunshine. We’re entering the rough part of the storm for this team right now.
TANK?????????????????????? If last night's game is any indication on just how good the Cowboys are then it's going to get real ugly real fast going forward and the sad thing about is the Cowboys WILL be trying their hardest to win games. This is a lousy undiscipline team that needs a complete makeover, starting with both a new HC and Defensive Coordinator. Unfortunately, the Cowboys are headed on a downward spiral that will be on par with the teams of the late 80's and that got our late great Tom Landry eventually fired.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
We beat the Giants if you cant find joy in that its time to move on...If we beat Wash and Philly i dont care how it looks I'll take the W's