One positive on what Jerry is about to pay Dak

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Peter King was on Cowherd and said Dak will get $28 million a year from Jerry. That hurts and its big over-pay but it also screws up Eagles salary cap. Philly will likely need to give Wentz close to $40 million if Dak gets $28. That significantly limits pieces they can add around Wentz (who is also being shut down for year due to back issues). Its arms race & while I think Wentz is still superior QB I think Dak might have better durability.
$28 million a year is about $14 million too much.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
I’d say, “Dak, we love you, but for the team you need to meet us half way at 22.”

He really should play for a discount below his worth, like other QB’s have, for the team’s sake..

its just going to be real hard to sell that. if the team was a winner than i could agree, but we got Jason Garrett and that doesnt inspire winning. you need something to keep players here.

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
True and funny thing is Rodgers the highest paid is upset because he does not have some of the weapons but fact is he does not have some of the weapons because he takes up so much of the cap that they can't keep key offensive weapons. So yes it benefits Rodgers personally but does not benefit him professionally

The thing that gets me is these star QBs will demand such a chunk of resources that it handicaps the team and then they'll be called the most competitive, determined-to-win people on the planet.

I know a guy who nearly went broke and lost everything freeing up time to train for the Olympics (he never made it as far as I know but he was accomplished in smaller competitions). It's a tough call as to who is more competitive: the guy that does that, or the Brees that should have 2 rings by now but he devestated the NO cap situation in pursuit of absurd amounts of money and so here we are.

Just imagine if one day a really good QB wins a SB on his cheap first contract and decides "you know, I'd rather have 15 million a year and more rings than anyone else than 30 million a year and a crappy roster around me."

That QB would go down as the most selfless and competitive football player of all time, and if he actually is really good then the dynasty would be awesome. Imagine getting the next Tom Brady right now for 15 million a year lol

I know, I know, it'll never happen.

Last edited:

bsbellomy

Reaction score
So true and that is why Brady has taken a substantial discount and the fact that he is married to a super billionaire model.

Yeah because the Pats have invested all that money in weapons for Brady lol

bsbellomy

Reaction score
Even if Dallas wants to part ways with Dak, what do you do? who replaces him? This team does nothing to help develop back up qbs and our first round draft pick is gone and really who in teh nfl WHOS NOT locked up for years is worth wasting another year to get used to the team?

2019 is not the only year you can replace him.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
Why not just eliminate the cap all together? You don't see GOOG or AMZN or AAPL etc with a cap. Does basketball or baseball have caps...I have no idea if they do or not.

Competitive Balance. Nobody has to watch AMD vs Nvidia on tv every week.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Why does Wentz get 12 mil more per year? Intangibles? 2nd overall? Injury prone?
Being on the sideline when Foles won the SB?

He needs 12 million more so he can pay off his teammates and the coaches in learning the Heimlich Maneuver.

That's because he's always choking.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
There is nothing positive for paying a guy that doesn't deserve a long term deal. This extention will ruin this team...mark my words. :rolleyes:

Brooksey

Reaction score
higher draft status, superior arm, superior accuracy, superior velocity, superior read progressions, superior size. What Dak has on him is slightly better runner & toughness. I can't find single passing attribute I think Dak is better at. Eagles hands are tied directly to what Jerry does this off-season with Dak. Wentz agent is doing back-flips as Dak price keeps going up.

Dak has his shortfalls but Wentz is terrible right now - higher ceiling perhaps but worse then Dak Prescott right now in every category accept height

HungryLion

Reaction score
higher draft status, superior arm, superior accuracy, superior velocity, superior read progressions, superior size. What Dak has on him is slightly better runner & toughness. I can't find single passing attribute I think Dak is better at. Eagles hands are tied directly to what Jerry does this off-season with Dak. Wentz agent is doing back-flips as Dak price keeps going up.

Wentz does not have superior accuracy to Dak.

Them

Reaction score
I don't think Dak is worth 28 million a year but that might be the going price for a starting qb in NFL now a day.
...There's many a QB that not worth 28mil...personally, I believe Dak will earn it!;)