One positive on what Jerry is about to pay Dak

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
If Cousins got 84 million what is Mahomes worth?

My own answer is It think he's a bright, self aware kid who won't bury his franchise with a contract demand like that.

Jim Rome said Dak is repped by CAA (Creative Artists Agency out of LA) and they are absolutely going to ask for a max deal. Does't mean anything at this point as it is posturing but no way Jerry gives him a max deal...um...at least...I hope...

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
No probowl? one of the worst ranked passing offenses in the league? leading Int's? really just the NFC championship game...hell Nick Foles is on the bench and he won the superbowl Please.......
What was this word salad attempting to convey?

links18

Reaction score
One positive: Its Jerry's money not mine? Well, some of it is mine--a tiny little bit.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Basketball does not have a cap. It has a tax, a luxury tax and a super luxury tax based on set amounts. No hard cap.
They do have a cap on individual contracts though

And the luxury cap limit also serves as an overall team max cap.

The also have floor as well..to prevent owners from hoarding

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
It's the going price of a QB.

Is Dak worth it? I don't think so. I have doubts he'll ever be.

But Bortles, Cousins, Garappolo weren't worth their contracts either.

Ryan and Flacco may not have been worth theirs.

Still a lot that talk about what Romo made.

It really doesn't matter now. If you want a QB that makes it for four years, $90-120 mil is what it costs.

Quality, success, ability need not apply. That's the rate. Dallas can pay it to Dak, or take their chances in the middle of the first round two years from now.

Some desperate team will probably give Dak a contract if Dallas doesn't. Maybe not what the Cowboys would've, but enough that his agents will feel justified making him hold out and then test and then get a good price in the market.

QB is going to be a mess in this league under the current system for a while.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I'm going to put a power drill through my eye if Dak gets $28 million guaranteed. Unfortunately, if Kirk Cousins can get $28 million fully guaranteed, I bet Dak can too.

Better warm up the Craftsman...
If we believed everything the "analysts" said, we'd all be blind. So put the craftsman down and back away. :cool:

Brax

Reaction score
Peter King was on Cowherd and said Dak will get $28 million a year from Jerry. That hurts and its big over-pay but it also screws up Eagles salary cap. Philly will likely need to give Wentz close to $40 million if Dak gets $28. That significantly limits pieces they can add around Wentz (who is also being shut down for year due to back issues). Its arms race & while I think Wentz is still superior QB I think Dak might have better durability.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...pinions-dallas-cowboys-overvalue-dak-prescott

waving monkey

Reaction score
Peter King was on Cowherd and said Dak will get $28 million a year from Jerry. That hurts and its big over-pay but it also screws up Eagles salary cap. Philly will likely need to give Wentz close to $40 million if Dak gets $28. That significantly limits pieces they can add around Wentz (who is also being shut down for year due to back issues). Its arms race & while I think Wentz is still superior QB I think Dak might have better durability.
whoa

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

If anyone is talking about "$28 million", I'm hanging up the phone.

If they want to play that game, I'll play the "play it out" game, where he plays out 2019 and gets tagged in 2020.

I'll get two years at $31 million out of him and then I can decide at that point, thank you very much.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Anyone who thinks the salary cap is real or that signing Dak to a fat extension means not signingother stars just hasn’t paid attention over the years. Dallas got in cap trouble with extending older players past their primes, dead money, stupid gambles in free agency, and league fines.

I love Dak, but I also hope we low ball him a little. Give him a salary like a top 10-15 QB, even though he isn’t that yet. You pay what the market demands. Between the money space already on hand and the huge reported jump in next year’s cap, the Cowboys can sign their guys and still do whatever they want.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The new bar was set at 33.5mil aav by Rodgers.

I just can't see where an agent will say, "wow Dak got a new deal, Wentz is worth 12mil more per year than whatever Dak got". "Oh, he got 28mil per? Well I guess Wentz will get 6.5mil over Aaron Rodgers now".

I totally agree. I think the OP is way off base in his assumption.

Brax

Reaction score
2018 QB $$ where does Good Dak Bad Dak fit ????
https://overthecap.com/position/quarterback/2018/

Brax

Reaction score
The NFL needs a cap within the cap
Cap what pct of the total cap one player can get
These QB salaries are gonna cost other players money because they eat up so much cap space
I agree with you no one player should take that much of the money, How the players union allow this and player rank and file agrees to this is just crazy.

visionary

Reaction score

Really scraping the bottom eh?
:laugh:

Jerry will pay Dak because he is an idiot and because he cares only about staying "relevant" not championships and because it will help him make more money

The only people who will suffer will be Cowboy fans
From the fan perspective there is no positive in this