Opposite Sex Friends

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
casmith07;3790510 said:
Nobody is dragging you to a strip club against your will. And if your friends can't respect the fact that your wife doesn't like you frequenting strip clubs, then they aren't real friends.

As for the rest of that, that CERTAINLY would not fly in most relationships that I've been a part of or known, including my current one. My fiancée now doesn't want me to have anything to do with any ex-girlfriends, and I completely understand where she is coming from.

The fact that there was a physical history there makes it even worse.

But, to each his own, I suppose. Being a pallbearer and spending weekends together away from your wife are two distinctly different things, in my opinion. If I went to spend a weekend 1 on 1 with another woman not only would I feel guilty and dirty the entire time, but I'd be on the street as well.

just don't tell your wife?

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Doomsday;3790729 said:
Secretaries and Nannies are home wreckers, LOL. (joking)

That is more being friendly then being friends to me. I go to lunch with my fellow co-workers all the time, but I dont call them friends. They are work friends, its not the same.

well when your wife hires a nanny, she is pretty much accepting you likely will be having fun on the side, that is why so many hire really ugly Fillipinas. :laugh2:

baj1dallas

Reaction score
Depends what "friends" means, but if you start dating them and just lie to yourself that you're just friends, then it's doomed. It's a lot easier to just be friends when one or the other are not single.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;3796672 said:
'tis the safe answer.

What wife doesn't know won't hurt husband.

What the wife finds out can cost him dearly. Besides, cheating on your wife makes you a scumbag piece of you know what.

They way I see it, if you are interested in someone else, go ahead and file for divorce. You obviously don't truly love your wife anyhow. Just get it over with and move on.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
It's evolution, not really our fault.

Anyway, other than a select few, if you were given a shot to step out and knew under no circumstances your spouse (male or female) would find out, most would. We are programmed that way.

As that song goes, I was smokin and drinkin when she walked by, 2 minutes later I was working on my alibi

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
nyc;3796686 said:
What the wife finds out can cost him dearly. Besides, cheating on your wife makes you a scumbag piece of you know what.

They way I see it, if you are interested in someone else, go ahead and file for divorce. You obviously don't truly love your wife anyhow. Just get it over with and move on.

Exactly this. Every word of it.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
In today's society, I believe it is darn near impossible to be faithful for an extended period of time. While some are, it is extremely difficult.

Unless the posters here are of a different breed, I suspect half of those pontificating are not as pure as they make themselves out to be (and that is not to say they are bad people).

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
I would never, ever be okay with my boyfriend hanging out with his "opposite sex friend" without me being there. Thats never going to happen. It occurs all the time when friends develop into something more after awhile, so I will never be okay with my boyfriend and his female friend going out for drinks or games by themselves. Same with me. I would never hang out with my male friend alone. But, we do have an understanding that if Tony Romo comes along, IM GONE! j/p ;)

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;3796980 said:
In today's society, I believe it is darn near impossible to be faithful for an extended period of time. While some are, it is extremely difficult.

Unless the posters here are of a different breed, I suspect half of those pontificating are not as pure as they make themselves out to be (and that is not to say they are bad people).

Um, you do realize what the world's "oldest profession" is, don't you? Screwing around on your significant other is hardly a modern phenomenon.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score

In short, I feel sorry for you.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;3796787 said:
It's evolution, not really our fault.

Anyway, other than a select few, if you were given a shot to step out and knew under no circumstances your spouse (male or female) would find out, most would. We are programmed that way.

As that song goes, I was smokin and drinkin when she walked by, 2 minutes later I was working on my alibi

I am afraid you have missed out on the beauty of a life-long love affair. Being with the one person that you wouldn't trade for anything, anybody, or any amount of money. (or an hour of sex with someone different :rolleyes: )

Over the past 35 years, I have seen things, I have had things, I have bought things, I have been given things, ... but I would not trade any of those for my wife. Of all that I have experienced over the past 35 years, she is the only thing that I absolutely want to keep.

Anything else I'll just buy another or do without.

Sometimes when I look across the room and see her sitting there talking to someone, I realize, .. she gave me her life.

I choose to remain faithful because what God has blessed us with is way better than some hour or two of infidelity.

Not worth losing what we share.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
bbgun;3797008 said:
Um, you do realize what the world's "oldest profession" is, don't you? Screwing around on your significant other is hardly a modern phenomenon.

are you implying that men only step out with hookers?

The existence of hookers and the modern day puritanical view that you have to stick only with your spouse are not tied to each other other than tangentially.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
WV Cowboy;3797036 said:
I am afraid you have missed out on the beauty of a life-long love affair. Being with the one person that you wouldn't trade for anything, anybody, or any amount of money. (or an hour of sex with someone different :rolleyes: )

Over the past 35 years, I have seen things, I have had things, I have bought things, I have been given things, ... but I would not trade any of those for my wife. Of all that I have experienced over the past 35 years, she is the only thing that I absolutely want to keep.

Anything else I'll just buy another or do without.

Sometimes when I look across the room and see her sitting there talking to someone, I realize, .. she gave me her life.

I choose to remain faithful because what God has blessed us with is way better than some hour or two of infidelity.

Not worth losing what we share.

well good for you but if you can honestly say you have never wanted to, then you are the only guy on the planet

just because I acknowledge that stepping out exists and that it is really a puritannical and unnecessary goal, does not mean I have had intercourse with anyone except my wife since we first did it 20 years ago.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;3797234 said:
are you implying that men only step out with hookers?

The existence of hookers and the modern day puritanical view that you have to stick only with your spouse are not tied to each other other than tangentially.

Not at all. Infidelity is as old as time, whether you're paying for sex or "coveting thy neighbor's wife." There's nothing remotely "modern" about succumbing to temptation. Just ask Sodom and Gomorrah.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
bbgun;3797242 said:
Not at all. Infidelity is as old as time, whether you're paying for sex or "coveting thy neighbor's wife." There's nothing remotely "modern" about succumbing to temptation. Just ask Sodom and Gomorrah.

Except historically, no one cared about that, it was accepted, hell even your first oh 12 presidents at least did, except maybe for John Adams but he didn't have the opportunity George and Thomas did.

Anyway, one of the ancient leaders of our religious background, one of the pillars of judeo-christian belief, Abraham stepped out, so if can, why can't you? :p:

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
zrinkill;3797247 said:
Wow ..... I see the perv is still advocating an immoral lifestyle.

not at all homo, just saying judge not lest you be judged, and don't push your puritannical view of morality on others.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;3797249 said:
Except historically, no one cared about that, it was accepted, hell even your first oh 12 presidents at least did, except maybe for John Adams but he didn't have the opportunity George and Thomas did.

Anyway, one of the ancient leaders of our religious background, one of the pillars of judeo-christian belief, Abraham stepped out, so if can, why can't you? :p:

I really gotta brush up on my Bible. There had to be a reason God flooded the Earth.