Video: Orlando Scandrick on Undisputed

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There were some games in 2016 that could easily have been losses. Our record could have been 10-6 or worse. Not saying that would have all been on Dak, but records can be deceiving when discussing a coaches' success.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Just listened to the interview and both Bayless and Sharpe tried to bait Scandrick into providing some dirt and he wouldn’t bite. He looked totally prepared for what they were going to do. Sharpe tried like hell to get Scandrick to crap on Dez and he wouldn’t do it. He stood by Dez the entire time. He backed his teammates including the young corners. They tried to get him to say he was better than the young corners and Scandrick would have none of it.

The comment he made about Romo running the show wasn’t a dig at Garrett. He was talking about the 2014 season and how the offense operated under Romo but Sharpe continued to try and get some dirt out of him. Scandrick sat there calm and relaxed knowing Sharpe and Bayless would try and pull something out of him that might create some waves. They didn’t get what they wanted.

He's a smart vet who knows the one thing you DON'T do in this league, is burn bridges.

slick325

Reaction score
Tony was like Peyton. The general on and off the field. It still irks me he didn’t win a super bowl. Busted his back here. Literally

Truly bothers me too Bowdown27. A SB title would have totally changed his narrative completely. Not just Nationally but among our own fan base. I truly wish he would have sought a ring elsewhere but respect his decision to retire.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
That's not unique to Romo and Garrett. How did Green Bay do without Rodgers? How have the Colts done without Luck? Think Brees doesn't affect Payton's won/loss record?

Elite QBs elevate coaches. That's one of the qualities that makes them elite. Conversely, coaches can elevate not-so-elite QBs. Zimmer is an example of that this season.

Excellent point!

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Truly bothers me too Bowdown27. A SB title would have totally changed his narrative completely. Not just Nationally but among our own fan base. I truly wish he would have sought a ring elsewhere but respect his decision to retire.
Well said. He’s a class act. Will be missed

RomoFor6

Reaction score
That's not unique to Romo and Garrett. How did Green Bay do without Rodgers? How have the Colts done without Luck? Think Brees doesn't affect Payton's won/loss record?

Elite QBs elevate coaches. That's one of the qualities that makes them elite. Conversely, coaches can elevate not-so-elite QBs. Zimmer is an example of that this season.

Zimmer has ZERO to do with Keenums play this year. You don't think Schurmer is the reason Keenum is playing the way he is? Zimmer has nothing to do with it.

VABoyz

Reaction score
i like the way scandrick handled the situation..a LOT of fans just talk and dont understand the game. they just see wins and losses and td's and int's fumbles etc..its so much more to it than that. success is So dependant upon the people you're playing with unlike basketball where one player can have a MUCH bigger impact on the final outcomes.

Mountaineerfan

Reaction score
Is it just me or did he seem like he was to calm? I like those guys with fire in their belly.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Good video. Worth watching. They are right about Dez. Hasn't performed well since he signed his contract. Everyone who is objective would probably draw that same conclusion.

Whether he has lost it permanently is obviously a more valid discussion with a less concrete answer. I of course think Dez is done unless he reinvents himself.
Maury Povich or not... I like Undisputed. More specifically Shannon's takes which are usually spot on. Skip not so much.

Romo called the plays therefore the offense ran as one would expect a modern offense to run. Fairly well... Remove Romo and you are left with the dunce that is incapable of jumping out of a closet an surprising anyone.

Sounds about right.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
It was obv that Scandrick was the smartest guy in the room and he knew it. When Sharpe was obnoxiously banging his pen in Scan's face, he was really asking for a punch in the mouth. But Scan still played it cool, he knows he's also interviewing as a possible FA this off-season season if he is cut as he insinuated. Great player for the team and wish him well.

conner01

Reaction score
There were some games in 2016 that could easily have been losses. Our record could have been 10-6 or worse. Not saying that would have all been on Dak, but records can be deceiving when discussing a coaches' success.
It could have been anything, maybe 16-0

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I was impressed with Scandrick and how he handled the interview. They wanted him to throw his teammates under the bus. He took ownership of his own play and said his biggest competition was in the mirror. He was the bright spot in the interview as the other 2 are just annoying as can be.

Aven8

Reaction score
Basic offense, strong run game with pass protection, and new tendencies that teams had to prepare for with our QB.

So this year the run game was off at times, the pass protection was certainly off at times, and Garret & Co. played into the tendencies they had created in the previous year,

We are a reactionary team. We will wait until we fall flat on our face before we change anything instead of getting ahead of it.

Heard on the radio when they were discussing this interview that Dak was the 2nd most pressured QB in the NFL at a rate of 36% or something. That's nuts and no wonder he was skittish!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Is it just me or did he seem like he was to calm? I like those guys with fire in their belly.

The Cowboys are done it’s not like he’s preparing for an NFC title game this weekend. He was relaxed, he wasn’t going to allow Sharpe or Bayless into baiting him into saying something negative about the team or his teammates. They were trying to pull things out of him and he stayed cool, calm and collected.

Mountaineerfan

Reaction score
The Cowboys are done it’s not like he’s preparing for an NFC title game this weekend. He was relaxed, he wasn’t going to allow Sharpe or Bayless into baiting him into saying something negative about the team or his teammates.

Still it's just like he is to cool for school or something.