Video: Orlando Scandrick on Undisputed

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Good video. Worth watching. They are right about Dez. Hasn't performed well since he signed his contract. Everyone who is objective would probably draw that same conclusion.

Whether he has lost it permanently is obviously a more valid discussion with a less concrete answer. I of course think Dez is done unless he reinvents himself.

Anyone that's objective brings up the context of Dez's injuries, the QB play and overall scheme.

You haven't done that.

jday

Reaction score
Undisputed is a ratings grab show, no different than Maury Povich or Jerry Springer. It is not real journalism, which I hate to say, may be lost for every in society with social media nonsense being passed off as fact. If Scandrick did not play for Dallas this would not be news.

As far as Scandrick goes, ask yourself, is he better than the the young players the Boys have at CB? Is he a game changer? I think he is average at best and he is a liability in tackling. I think the Cowboys are in the process of revamping the DBs from average Joes like Carr, Mo and Scandrick to young guns that want to prove they belong in the NFL.

If Dallas rolls the dice and releases Scandrick, I don't think it will be a move the Boys regret. I like his scrappy ness also. and if Dallas keeps that will be fine as well. He is just a guy, he is not elite.
Blackthorn, eh? You wouldn't happen to be familiar with a group known as Bridge 4 would you?

Verdict

Reaction score
Anyone that's objective brings up the context of Dez's injuries, the QB play and overall scheme.

You haven't done that.

Nor do I intend to. I don't care if Pee Wee Herman is throwing passes to Dez and misses him by 40 yards. If Dez can't get open the fact that a QB can't get him the ball still wouldn't get him off the hook for failing to get open.

Verdict

Reaction score
Blackthorn, eh? You wouldn't happen to be familiar with a group known as Bridge 4 would you?

As contracts go, Scandricks contract is pretty team friendly. He is a player that could be traded instead of cut.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Butler gave it to them, Scandrick stuck by his guys.

I found the quote about Tony interesting. "Tony was running the show. Tony was calling the plays"

Take Romo out of the equation and Garrett is probably a .350 head coach.

Bingo! That was the most revealing thing. Tony ran the show. Garrett is a coach in name only. I'm gaining more and more respect for Tony outside of football than I had for him while he was playing - I must admit.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Have to say, Scandrick really impressed me in this interview. As I said before, if he's gone, I sincerely hope he plays well for his next team (as long as they aren't playing the Cowboys). He seems like a really good person :)
He was impressive. Didn't allow himself to get baited and didn't fumble when they put him on the spot.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Add him to the list of people claiming our coaches lack ingenuity and creativity on offense.

At what freaking point does this actually begin to register with Jerry? Never?
When the Giants, Eagles and Commanders get to the NFC Championship before we do. :(

mmohican29

Reaction score
More interesting to me is why was it so easy for Dak to take over the team if Tony was running the show on everything? I mean Tony came back and all of the sudden it wasn't his team anymore? Weird.

I honestly don't think Tony was very well-liked by most teammates. Just from blurbs on here and by ex-teammates. I think a lot of them felt he had too much personnel sway on playing time and that indirectly affects their potential for a pay day. I also don't think he bothered with many of his teammates post-practice or games.

Right or wrong- that will affect team chemistry over time.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
More interesting to me is why was it so easy for Dak to take over the team if Tony was running the show on everything? I mean Tony came back and all of the sudden it wasn't his team anymore? Weird.
Because we were on a winning streak. If the Cowboys had been 4-3 when Tony got healthy, he would have been back at starting quarterback. But we had only 1 loss, and Garrett and Co. didn't want to disrupt the rhythm. Besides, they wanted to ride the rookie to see how good he could become because Dak is the future, Tony is the pass. Hindsight is 20/20, but you don't disrupt what the Cowboys had going at the time.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
He is making $3m and is talented enough to start. There is no reason to cut him. O is a fatalist and gets motivation acting like the world is against him. I would be surprised if he didn't think his termination was imminent.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Is it just me or did he seem like he was to calm? I like those guys with fire in their belly.
If you aren't natural on television, follow the script. Don't get emotional if you can't control your emotions. Otherwise, you start to say stuff you'll regret.
He played it perfectly.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It saddens me that Cowboy fans actually think Skip Bayless and Shannon Sharp are worth watching.

Exactly. I'd rather watch my own anal fistula grow than sit through an episode of that stupid show.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
You could see that Scandrick was being fased out last season. He’s had injury issues and there’s a youth movement going on in the secondary.

fased? Seriously? fased?

Teachers across America should hang their heads in shame...

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
It is sickening to watch Shannon Sharpe....I can't imagine anyone likes to hear his BS. He just wants to be the devil's advocate all the time. SHows like this are why people are dropping ESPN in droves.

Kudos to Scandrick....he came off so professional in that and I applaud him for sticking to his guns. He refused to throw anyone under the bus....I do think his time is up in Dallas but I will remember him as a good player and a great member of the team. And yes, I hope if he goes somewhere else he gets a shot at a Super Bowl.

Mad_max

Reaction score
Butler gave it to them, Scandrick stuck by his guys.

I found the quote about Tony interesting. "Tony was running the show. Tony was calling the plays"

Take Romo out of the equation and Garrett is probably a .350 head coach.
Tony leaves and chaos.