Orlovsky: Cowboys set Dak up to fail on offense

Smith22

Reaction score
Well, Dak being the great leader that he is should have sat them down and said "Hey, let's structure this deal like Mahomes, Brady. Ya'll look like top notch negotiators who got a heck of a bargain. Go sign these DT's, LBer, RB, etc.. Once that is done I will sign on the dotted line making it all work under the cap and let's go try to win something!!"

Instead ... "I must get a record setting deal .... for the brotherhood". So, I got no sympathies for him either.
I'm sure you go to work and offer to earn less money. Madness.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Well, Dak being the great leader that he is should have sat them down and said "Hey, let's structure this deal like Mahomes, Brady. Ya'll look like top notch negotiators who got a heck of a bargain. Go sign these DT's, LBer, RB, etc.. Once that is done I will sign on the dotted line making it all work under the cap and let's go try to win something!!"

Instead ... "I must get a record setting deal .... for the brotherhood". So, I got no sympathies for him either.
and which FAs would you have signed that we missed on because we didn't have the cap space...

this ain't Yahoo fantasy football son

its not the cap that's holding us back...

superonyx

Reaction score
This was said under Linehan

This was said under Kellen Moore

Now its being said under Mike McCarthy.

When this dude doesnt play well, its ALWAYS somebody else’s fault. The WRs, the coaches, the OL
Didn't seem to play that poorly in any season of his career. What are you even talking about?
Which season has he been awful?
2nd in MVP voting last year, 5k yards, led the league in TD's.

So weird how 3 games into a season and suddenly people need to pretend he is Carson Wentz.

superonyx

Reaction score
Funny thing is that the Dak defenders where defending the O-line rookies saying they were better than what we had last year ........ now that Dak is playing bad its suddenly their fault.
No they weren't... stop making stuff up. You can make your comment and not need to create false narratives.

bewp7

Reaction score
o here we go

when u get paid $60,000,000 a year u have to do the heavy lifting, u dont get to be the one getting carry anymore sorry

also stop with the excuse making….because it is almost alway the qb fault

for the most recent example just look at the panthers. every one said the same exact thing about bryce young (panthers set him up to fail, bryce young have zero help no one could succeed in this offense) but when they had a real nfl qb (andy dalton) play in the same exact system with the same exact player they look like a real nfl offense. because one qb sucked and the other does not. it have nothing to do with the excuse making,

u are either a good qb or a bad qb. dak is a bad qb always have been always will be idk how people do not see that by now

TexasBacon

Reaction score
He had to have seen that with the crappy running game yet signed for the money anyway. If you care about your craft, you demand they do more or you'll take your talents elsewhere. They offered money and he was like, "Okay "
I mean, seriously? Seriously? That's your take? Show me one player who has turned down a max deal from a team he's started for his entire career because of personnel decisions. Just one. I've heard some ridiculous spins on the board to blame Dak for things but this might just take the cake. Sheesh.

Blitzen

Reaction score

Nobody hates Dak and his potential success like the team paying him $60M/year to play football. They paid him to embarrass him evidently!

All these prior seasons Dak has had to basically carry the offense with no protection, receivers, or running backs that are capable to play pee-wee football let alone the NFL. The coaches are useless. If Dak actually had any input in the offense, the play designs would be dynamic. You have to be young and innovative and work for other teams to be good at coaching.

Creeper

Reaction score
Dak haters know this is true but will always ignore the issues because they are certain it is all Dak.

The Cowboys give up 44 points. The problem is Dak. He should score 45.

The Cowboys give up 274 yards rushing. It's Dak, he's the problem because he doesn't score more points.

Lambs fumbles inside the 10 yard line when the Cowboys are driving. That's Dak too. He should have thrown it to someone else and had the foresight to know Lamb would fumble.

The Cowboys can't run the football. That has to be Dak's fault somehow.

It is always Dak's fault, not matter what.

But getting rid of Dak solves nothing. It doesn't even solve the QB problem. If they replace Dak with Lance and Lance stinks the same people will forget how they lobbied for Lance. If the Cowboys draft a QB in the first round and he plays like Daniel Jones it will be Will McClay's fault. These folks with rather lose without Dak than win with him. It is easy to sit back and criticize because the people doing the criticizing are never accountable for their decisions. If the Cowboys do what they want and cut Dak or trade him, and the Cowboys go 2-15 the following year or don't break .500 for the next 5 years, they don't lose their jobs, or face consequences. They just move on to their next target.

I am not a great fan of Dak and I never would have paid him $60 million, but blaming Dak for this team is just so silly at this point. The roster stink. No RBs, 1 WR, a faulty offensive line, horrible DTs, safeties underperforming. Heck, even the CBs are underperforming. Stop with the "it's Dak's fault" nonsense. This team stinks. They were overrated last year too. GB made that clear as crystal last year. The problem is the entire system, not Dak.

People say the Cowboys are a front runner team built on dominating with a lead. Well where do you think those leads come from? And when the Cowboys don't get the lead and the defense can't stop anyone it is not on Dak.

The problem is Jerry Jones, the owner and GM. Blaming Dak takes Jerry off the hook.

Blitzen

Reaction score
yes, he can. He does it all the time - because the systems around him are terrible.

Go ahead and answer my question then - which QBs win a SB with the roster they had last year? Go ahead.

You won't, because you're not quite dumb enough to say something like "Baker Mayfield definitely wins a Super Bowl with Dallas last year." You people are all exactly the same - refusing to acknowledge the contradiction in your own logic.

Dak is carrying the team with all these terrible supporting casts and schemes to victory. The guy has been handicapped with dog **** coaches and players save for maybe one or two his whole career. Thank God for him, otherwise the team loses every game they play without him…

It’s so evident the DFL is willing to blame between 0-0.5% of offensive failure on the QB in any game.

MojaveJT

Reaction score
This was said under Linehan

This was said under Kellen Moore

Now its being said under Mike McCarthy.

When this dude doesnt play well, its ALWAYS somebody else’s fault. The WRs, the coaches, the OL
I’ve been saying this for years. What’s the common denominator? They’ve been drafting and changing every component of this team except for one position with the same results.