Orlovsky: Cowboys set Dak up to fail on offense

lopey

Reaction score
We have zero run game a uncreative coach. A average line and a one read qb. All is good

Mikexike

Reaction score
Simple. It's football and he doesn't play by himself?
Pretty simple stuff.
Until you understand that fact, without cherry picking, you're really not in any position to debate.
So what's your explanation for the past 3 home games since you are so smart?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
No ....... Dak and Romo were the symptoms of a problem that our "GM" does not spend draft capital at the QB position and always try's to find "diamonds in the rough" so as to prove he is a football guy.

The fact that he is not a "football guy" means that he is not able to build a team correctly to back up these mediocre QB's he falls in love with.

He builds the team from the outside in (getting flashy players that sells jerseys first) instead of inside out (building both lines to play smash mouth football)

So its ultimately Jerry's fault for not knowing he cannot win anything with these types of rosters.
This^^^^

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Obviously you have yet to grasp the fact that, when the CeeDee and Dak deals were done, Dallas GAINED quite a bit of Cap Space. So, your take is serious BS. The team had $$$ to go get guys signed that could've helped (see J.K. Dobbins). But, if it makes you feel better about your Dak sucks narrative, you accomplished your goal.
You accomplished your goal of being an A**. I understand all of that. I also understand those deals weren't done until the last minute thus the cap wasn't available when needed to sign quality FA's. I also made clear my comment was not only about 2024 offseason but beyond. Could you not grasp the part where I said Dak should have gotten them to commit to the free agents in order for him to sign?

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
You named a bunch of bums and retreads. Kellen is on his third team in three years. Linehan is out of the league. McCarthy lied to get the job and will be out of the league next season.
Or maybe the qb isnt good enough to execute their scheme

When Dak is throwing for 350 and 3 tuddies against teams like the Commanders, we never hear this. Why?

fivetwos

Reaction score
Wait, you blame a player taking a $60million contract? Lmao. Sure thing. His job isn't to demand the front office to make moves or have accountability. That is the owner's job of his GM/front office. Oh that's right, they are the same person so yeah, zero accountability.

Dak and his agent's job off the field is to maximize his earnings in this very short careers players have vs their life expectancy. They did that. Regardless of what people think, pro athletes and really anyone working a job in general, it's about making the most money you can.

It's the Cowboys job to maximize the player's outputs by putting the best collection of surrounding parts, coaches, schemes and gameplans together. This isn't on the players. Their job is to execute it. But our schemes and gameplans are junk and have been since the late 90s.

A real offensive staff creates a gameplan/scheme that caters to the skill level of all players involved. But ours isn't. We have a one size fits all, generic approach full of curls, outs and long developing routes that take time. which we don't have because our OL is subpar. We don't use motion, screens, quick passes. Everything is straight forward and vanilla. Hence why we really only succeed against lesser teams because our talent just surpasses theirs.

But match us up against a team on our level or better, it doesn't work. How long have we been witnessing this? Goes back to the Romo days and before. We have been fortunate as of late to stack easy wins against Washington/NYG and usually split the Eagles series, which give us 5 wins off the bat. And there are enough subpar teams on our schedule where we snag those wins.
This is great stuff and should have more likes, but people would rather read twenty one sentence posts of the same crap over and over instead of something of actual substance. Nice work.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
LOL there was a time when Jerry gave Dak one of the best OLs in football, a quality TB and trio of WRs in Lamb, Cooper and a healthy Gallup. LOL.

He learned nothing from 2018 when he tried the WR by cheapness approach and it backfired on him.
Or the special teams draft of yonder years.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
You accomplished your goal of being an A**. I understand all of that. I also understand those deals weren't done until the last minute thus the cap wasn't available when needed to sign quality FA's. I also made clear my comment was not only about 2024 offseason but beyond. Could you not grasp the part where I said Dak should have gotten them to commit to the free agents in order for him to sign?
Because everything that Jerry and Stephen have done over the last 30 years led you to truly believe Dak had that kind of power? Talk about not grasping reality…

HungryLion

Reaction score
The way I look at this is pretty simple. Yes, Jerry has failed the team this offseason. His offensive choices are questionable.

However, I am also not going to delude myself into thinking that if Jerry had given Dak a bunch of new weapons he'd take this team on a SB run either.

This is purgatory, football purgatory. This team is just good enough to not totally suck, just bad enough to be zero threat in the postseason.

It’s like an NBA team that is constantly the 7-8 seed. They get bounced in the first round of the playoffs. Yet they don’t get high draft picks to get more stud players.

It’s why I was hoping the FO was going to do a rebuild this offseason when they didn’t pay Dak.

Then they go and screw it up at the last minute by signing Dak on game day in week 1.

Just pure stupidity.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
DUHHHHHHH

It has been this way since they traded Amari (and I think Amari is wildly overrated). There is not a QB in the league who can have any consistency in this offense because nothing actually works.
The Cowboys were number one in offense last season and led the league in scoring. Dak led the league in TDs last season and was second in the MVP voting. This season Dak leads the league in passing yards. The problem with the offense is we have no running game and CeeDee hasn’t played very well. Because our defense has been crap, we’re getting behind in games and are having to play from behind. Everything has been thrown on Dak’s shoulders. We don’t function well offensively when we have to play from behind because we can’t run the ball. Drive killing penalties have been another issue, especially in the redzone.

rangers71

Reaction score
dude - this entire conversation is stupid. pulling out a few segments to illustrate that won't change much.

the simple fact of the matter is dak is NOT a qb who can put a team on his shoulders and win. if this is even a debate for you, any further discussion on the topic is about like reading shakespere to a dog.

since he needs a good team around him, he must not be that type of player.

we good so far or have we already started parting mindsets?
Wow!

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
Or maybe the qb isnt good enough to execute their scheme

When Dak is throwing for 350 and 3 tuddies against teams like the Commanders, we never hear this. Why?

If the scheme was good enough, why can they only get jobs in Dallas? Except for Kellen, who is on his 3rd team in 3 years and has Jalen Hurts playing the worst football of his life.

Scott Linehan is on the open market right now and no one wants him. McCarthy was for years and only Dallas wanted him.

That would not be the case if Dak was on the open market.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
None of our backs scare anyone which is another big problem. It’s not like you have to worry about a long TD run from any of them. Defenses had to respect Pollard who could break a long run. Pollard is averaging over 4 yards a carry this season in Tennessee and none of our backs are averaging over 4 yards. None of our backs have a run longer than 10 yards. Pollard has a 22 yard run this season. Our lack of a running game and running threat has really hurt our offense.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
If the scheme was good enough, why can they only get jobs in Dallas? Except for Kellen, who is on his 3rd team in 3 years and has Jalen Hurts playing the worst football of his life.

Scott Linehan is on the open market right now and no one wants him. McCarthy was for years and only Dallas wanted him.

That would not be the case if Dak was on the open market.
Lies. He was only out the league for 1 year and he had several other interviews for head coach.

Kellen had the number 2 offense while he was here and only didnt last in LA was because he was under a lame duck head coach.

You stans will lie through your teeth to defend this guy

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
Lies. He was only out the league for 1 year and he had several other interviews for head coach.

Kellen had the number 2 offense while he was here and only didnt last in LA was because he was under a lame duck head coach.

You stans will lie through your teeth to defend this guy

Hmm.. do you think maybe that had anything to do with the quarterback?

Staley was a lame-duck coach because he hired a bad offensive coordinator. That offensive coordinator was supposed to help right the ship and get the team in the playoffs, but Moore's coaching made the offense substantially worse, despite having a QB who many here would probably claim is better than ours.

McCarthy interviewed for the Jets job in 2019 and didn't get it. He interviewed for the Browns/Panthers/Cowboys in 2020 and only Jerry was gullible enough to believe his story about watching every minute of every NFL game. Nobody but Dallas was going to hire this guy.

rangers71

Reaction score
which isn't what i said.

we got a $5 bet or not? seems you've already picked a player so fine.

mahomes.

now tell me he'd not win here either cause this team sucks and i'll tell you where you can donate my $5.

NOW - in the event you ever wish to talk with me as an adult, please let me know, don't make my side of the discussion for me and if you feel you must, at least try to say something intelligent.
So I guess you think Mahomes could just walk onto the Panthers team and win the Super Bowl because he can elevate everyone.

blueblood70

Reaction score

and yet the fan base knowing full well with the GM did or did not do too build this team, yet the fans still blame the quarterback during and after the game. Somehow because daks made huge money here he needs to overcome a burning dumpster to win these games..

OL still leaky Steele yikes, 2 rookies aging martin
Lack of a run game
WRs and TE separation rates are not good timing way off
Penalty's on TEs and OL

add in slip for an INT and fumble that took us out of scoring chances.

. right we still need 5 tds to win but its on him or elase blame the qb..Id have said the same thing

JUmp Off!!!