Orlovsky: Cowboys set Dak up to fail on offense

Chasing6

Reaction score
LOL there was a time when Jerry gave Dak one of the best OLs in football, a quality TB and trio of WRs in Lamb, Cooper and a healthy Gallup. LOL.

He learned nothing from 2018 when he tried the WR by cheapness approach and it backfired on him.
GM Jeruh needs to stop signing big contracts to people with a torn ACL. Really not that hard to figure out.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
So this point of view tells me that dak could careless about a sb, If he was serious about winning one in dallas he wouldn't have signed the contract without getting assurance of getting the pieces he feels he needed to get a lombardi. Or is dak just as dumb as this FO thinking this team could win one currently assembled.
Also, after he (and CeeDee) signed the contract, they gained a nice chunk of Cap room. So, once again, this is on the FO and NOT the players getting new deals. Jerry ran his mouth about being all in and did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to prove it.

Chasing6

Reaction score
so, you won't answer my simple question of 'is dak a player who can carry a team to victory' and instead go on the attack.

check please. i got no more use for you.
No player carries a team. Figure it out already.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Also, after he (and CeeDee) signed the contract, they gained a nice chunk of Cap room. So, once again, this is on the FO and NOT the players getting new deals. Jerry ran his mouth about being all in and did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to prove it.
yes, after they signed. ...... who do you think was available ... work it thru

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think saying Dallas offense was setup to fail is a bit much. Most of the receivers are still here from last year. Pollard is gone but he's not doing much in Tennessee. OL does have 2 rookies but they used some top picks to get what they thought were the best guys available and they should get better.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
what? you mention salaries, obviously in regards to salary cap space.

so which FAs would we sign that we couldn't? what cap space would we have needed? what did they cost? how much cap space did we have?

come on kid. its not rocket science as you said.

you want Dak to take a Brady or Mahomes deal...ok. why? to create cap space? right? so cap space to do what? who do you want to sign and couldn't?
To sign good players. whatever it cost. as much as you needed could have been cleared.

Whether they would have made good use of any available funds, who knows.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
They have ~$24m cap space right now lol. Like what facts do you people actually look at?

They could have done Dak and CD contracts at these numbers, or very close to, in March, and signed anybody they wanted. The FO chooses not to do that, it has nothing to do with Dak's contract.
you don't seem to be catching on to the part where he could have exercised leverage to push them

JeffInDC

Reaction score
Who said anything about BEFORE FA? You don't seem capable of working it thru.
Your complaint has been about Dak signing a deal and NOT pushing the FO to go get FA’s. Had they signed Dak and CeeDee MUCH EARLIER (which they easily could have done but publicly said they were in no rush), they could’ve signed FA’s. Like, seriously, what part are YOU not comprehending? You’re bashing Dak for signing a contract and not pushing for FA acquisitions. How are you not understanding that Jerry & Stephen are responsible for that - NOT Dak or any other player. Your logic is EXACTLY why Jerry & Stephen do what they do - they know some of you will always blame the players, even though other FO’s seem to able to walk and chew gum when it comes to signing big-time talent. Just not Dallas.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Your complaint has been about Dak signing a deal and NOT pushing the FO to go get FA’s. Had they signed Dak and CeeDee MUCH EARLIER (which they easily could have done but publicly said they were in no rush), they could’ve signed FA’s. Like, seriously, what part are YOU not comprehending? You’re bashing Dak for signing a contract and not pushing for FA acquisitions. How are you not understanding that Jerry & Stephen are responsible for that - NOT Dak or any other player. Your logic is EXACTLY why Jerry & Stephen do what they do - they know some of you will always blame the players, even though other FO’s seem to able to walk and chew gum when it comes to signing big-time talent. Just not Dallas.
Cool. Signing contracts & creating space before FA begins is a bad idea. Having a QB who uses his leverage to push the front office to use such space is a bad idea. Having a QB who wants to put team success above pure personal financial gain for himself is a bad idea. I didn't blame Dak, I simply asked why he didn't do these things and said because he didn't I have no sympathies for him.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
Cool. Signing contracts & creating space before FA begins is a bad idea. Having a QB who uses his leverage to push the front office to use such space is a bad idea. Having a QB who wants to put team success above pure personal financial gain for himself is a bad idea. I didn't blame Dak, I simply asked why he didn't do these things and said because he didn't I have no sympathies for him.
Were you in the negotiations? If not, you, like everyone else NOT involved in those situations have no clue of anything that went down. The over arching issue has been that, since Jimmy left, this FO has consistently F’d up.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Hate the guy but he's all spades here...Screw Jerry Jones!!!! I'd trade all 90 Super Bowls for if he never bought the Dallas Cowboys....