Orlovsky: Cowboys set Dak up to fail on offense

Mark

Reaction score
Dak has always been most effective playing out of a hurry-up style offense. Just like Peyton Manning (not that I'm comparing the two in any other respect).

That said, we rarely see it...unless DAL is getting trounced. Never understood that.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Because everything that Jerry and Stephen have done over the last 30 years led you to truly believe Dak had that kind of power? Talk about not grasping reality…
They agreed to sign him to the existing contract .... he had the opportunity to have the discussion. Talk about not grasping reality.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dak has always been most effective playing out of a hurry-up style offense. Just like Peyton Manning
Flynn-Rider-Is-Not-Afraid-Of-A-Thousand-Swords-In-Tangled.gif
jjjj

(not that I'm comparing the two in any other respect).
Oh ok

Blackspider214

Reaction score
This is great stuff and should have more likes, but people would rather read twenty one sentence posts of the same crap over and over instead of something of actual substance. Nice work.
Absolutely. Thank you for reading and for the kind words. Too many people take too simplistic views in sports when there is a ton at play.

Adreme

Reaction score

I mean its kinda true. The offensive line is not great, certainly at best somewhere in late teens to early 20s. The running game is nonexistent and is the worst RB room in the NFL. The TE room is average (I like Ferg but most of the NFL has someone on his level or better). Lamb is great and a top 3 WR but then they have a decent WR2 and nothing behind that worth mentioning. So basically they are a 1 dimensional offense with 1 great weapon 2 decent ones and nothing else. That is very easy for a defense to stop.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I'm sure you go to work and offer to earn less money. Madness.
In pro sports there are ways to get the same dollars regardless of what your "salary" is. Ask Brady, Mahomes, etc..

Also, they all say they are in it to win. Winning brings its own additional revenue so giving up some $ in the short term for a chance to cash in later is a calculated risk. For those who truly believe they can win.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
They agreed to sign him to the existing contract .... he had the opportunity to have the discussion. Talk about not grasping reality.
You really think the Jones family are going to let a player dictate and demand how they manage the roster? Absolutely not. Jerry admits he would have fired himself as the GM if he was a different person. He's stubborn. He knows he can hire a real GM, sit back and let him work but no, he would rather lose his way than win someone else's way. Just because they are giving him a huge extension, doesn't mean he's going to get power to demand them to sign this guy or that guy. Lebron James has that control but Dak isn't even close to that kind of power. And we don't know what discussions were had behind closed doors or what Dak pushed for. To be honest, Dak might have wanted Zeke back since they were good friends in their time together, who knows. And Jerry has a soft spot for his own guys like Zeke.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
and which FAs would you have signed that we missed on because we didn't have the cap space...

this ain't Yahoo fantasy football son

its not the cap that's holding us back...
So you are in favor of waiting til all the talent is signed?

This isn't rocket science son

That's why I said a smart play would have been to force them to sign player before signing the extension. Make them put some chips in the pot.

Mikexike

Reaction score
If you are a $60M QB whose going to get paid regardless (as so many believe), why not ask the questions and be willing to move on if they aren't going to address issues?
You would think if your franchise QB asked for something, They would try and get what he needs after 9 years.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
So, tell me when in the last 30 years it was reported that any player had the ability to direct player personnel issues with Jerry and Stephen? As for Dak, it’s his job and his agent’s job to take care of himself - the personnel decisions are the FO and the FO ALONE!!!!! Even if Dak “asked” for anything, AGAIN, what have Jerry and Stephen done to make you believe they would’ve listened? Like, I don’t understand how you’re not getting this…hell, Aaron Rodgers made “demands” numerous times in GB. How did that work out? If he didn’t have that away, how in the hell would Dak? But, I’M the one not grasping this…got it.
:facepalm:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
So you are in favor of waiting til all the talent is signed?

This isn't rocket science son

That's why I said a smart play would have been to force them to sign player before signing the extension. Make them put some chips in the pot.
what? you mention salaries, obviously in regards to salary cap space.

so which FAs would we sign that we couldn't? what cap space would we have needed? what did they cost? how much cap space did we have?

come on kid. its not rocket science as you said.

you want Dak to take a Brady or Mahomes deal...ok. why? to create cap space? right? so cap space to do what? who do you want to sign and couldn't?

Chasing6

Reaction score
DUHHHHHHH

It has been this way since they traded Amari (and I think Amari is wildly overrated). There is not a QB in the league who can have any consistency in this offense because nothing actually works.

Say what you will about Jerry and Stephen, but their greatest fundamental flaw is that they operate as if an investment in one position should compensate for lack of investment in others. It is the dumbest possible strategy.
They don't understand complimentary football.

We are one dimensional on offense and defense.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I don’t want to hear it.

You knew what it would look like with Dak getting a mega deal.

No excuses.

They do a heck of a job for a team that pays this much money and can’t afford free agents.

The problem is they pay Dak like he’s Josh Allen and he ain’t that kind of QB.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
LOL there was a time when Jerry gave Dak one of the best OLs in football, a quality TB and trio of WRs in Lamb, Cooper and a healthy Gallup. LOL.

He learned nothing from 2018 when he tried the WR by cheapness approach and it backfired on him.
100% truth bomb

Mikexike

Reaction score
So, tell me when in the last 30 years it was reported that any player had the ability to direct player personnel issues with Jerry and Stephen? As for Dak, it’s his job and his agent’s job to take care of himself - the personnel decisions are the FO and the FO ALONE!!!!! Even if Dak “asked” for anything, AGAIN, what have Jerry and Stephen done to make you believe they would’ve listened? Like, I don’t understand how you’re not getting this…hell, Aaron Rodgers made “demands” numerous times in GB. How did that work out? If he didn’t have that away, how in the hell would Dak? But, I’M the one not grasping this…got it.
:facepalm:
So this point of view tells me that dak could careless about a sb, If he was serious about winning one in dallas he wouldn't have signed the contract without getting assurance of getting the pieces he feels he needed to get a lombardi. Or is dak just as dumb as this FO thinking this team could win one currently assembled.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
So this point of view tells me that dak could careless about a sb, If he was serious about winning one in dallas he wouldn't have signed the contract without getting assurance of getting the pieces he feels he needed to get a lombardi. Or is dak just as dumb as this FO thinking this team could win one currently assembled.
Mike, name one player off the top of your head that you know for a FACT made personnel demands and refused to sign a contract if they weren’t met?