Orlovsky: Cowboys set Dak up to fail on offense

Wangchung83

Reaction score
The only "great team" around him was 2021 and even that team was incredibly flawed, but he didn't play well in the playoffs. Nobody argues that point.

But your point is "he didn't win the SB with a good team or two so he sucks" which is stupid. I don't want to hear nonsense about the OL and the WRs. People like you like to imagine that they've been good, despite a ton of evidence to the contrary.

Which QBs would have won the Super Bowl with Dallas' roster last year? Answer that.
wow blinders are on all throughout this comment. Dak has had great teams, he may not have won a sb, but the argument is he didn't even make it to the NFC championship. He stunk it up in 2021 and 2022 playoffs, he has also stunk it up in the every other playoff game he has ever played. He chokes when the lights turn on and that has always been him. The dak supporters failed to realize that this isn't just off one season of evidence, it off eight years of evidence, plus college. The guy was a 4th round pick for a reason, he was three star recruit for a reason, he didn't magically become something that he has never been. This is the first year they are asking him to play w/o top notch players around him and he isn't cutting the mustard. Mahomes last year didn't have anyone or anything and still went to the SB. Dak had his best chance in 2021 and 2022, needed 17 pt and 19 pt to move forward and everyone forgets that he kept going three and out. He had his chance and he didn't get it done, point is Dak already failed with the best he's going to get and not asking for him to score 30 pts. Now, he needs to score each time down the field to earn that salary, he can't do it and shouldn't have signed knowing that was his expectation.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
This entire thread is just a copy-paste of way back when Adam would post "passing equates to winning" threads with concrete data and the same knuckledraggers would say "no run the ball like it's 1991."

Just complete lunacy.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
could you break down the numbers then and illustrate your point of how we gained long term?

thank you.
Before Ceedee's deal, Over the Cap was reporting Dallas had a little over $9M in Cap Room. After the deals, they gained an additional $14M. As for the future, Dak's deal structure actually allows them to not even restructure his gigantic cap# ($89M) for next year and still be able to maneuver other contracts to open close to $60M - that's even before extending Micah and lowering his already accounted for $21+M Cap hit. As others have correctly alluded to, Dak could be cut '26 and save $6M.

IN OTHER WORDS, the Jones' *** this up by waiting to give the deals the players asked for from the beginning when they could've done these before FA had even began and had the funds to add other pieces (even if they weren't Elite players).

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Good one. Feel better?
its about as productive as talking to someone who won't see past their own point of view.

you see, i've patiently answered your question(s) many times by now. but no, not in the format you want and you don't seem to be able to adjust.

you DO seem like you're trying to trap someone into a MAHOMES COULD IN so you can pounce in with a pre-canned GOTCHA.

you won't admit dak can't carry a team. its a fact. to date he has not. period. don't care what you THINK he can and will one day do - he has not yet.

mahomes, brady and others - have.

this is not up for debate, speculation or what-if'ing away.

yet you can't at least meet me somewhere and work our way back. i have to say what you need me to say, how you need me to say it, or i am simply incapable of thinking.

quite ironic.

tile calling.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
wow blinders are on all throughout this comment. Dak has had great teams, he may not have won a sb, but the argument is he didn't even make it to the NFC championship. He stunk it up in 2021 and 2022 playoffs, he has also stunk it up in the every other playoff game he has ever played. He chokes when the lights turn on and that has always been him. The dak supporters failed to realize that this isn't just off one season of evidence, it off eight years of evidence, plus college. The guy was a 4th round pick for a reason, he was three star recruit for a reason, he didn't magically become something that he has never been. This is the first year they are asking him to play w/o top notch players around him and he isn't cutting the mustard. Mahomes last year didn't have anyone or anything and still went to the SB. Dak had his best chance in 2021 and 2022, needed 17 pt and 19 pt to move forward and everyone forgets that he kept going three and out. He had his chance and he didn't get it done, point is Dak already failed with the best he's going to get and not asking for him to score 30 pts. Now, he needs to score each time down the field to earn that salary, he can't do it and shouldn't have signed knowing that was his expectation.
thank you - he keeps trying to make daks career 1 year he has his defense of.

then he gets mad and slam dances with people who won't follow along.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Play action plays: 24, we rank 18th.
Motion at the snap plays: 23, we are ranked 29th.
Screen plays: 8, we rank T-25th,
Yds per rush: 3.6, we rank 29th.
These stats are just diabolical. Is Mike McCarthy doing this on purpose?

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
This was said under Linehan

This was said under Kellen Moore

Now its being said under Mike McCarthy.

When this dude doesnt play well, its ALWAYS somebody else’s fault. The WRs, the coaches, the OL

You named a bunch of bums and retreads. Kellen is on his third team in three years. Linehan is out of the league. McCarthy lied to get the job and will be out of the league next season.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
how do you know it had no data and no followable line of an argument if you didn't read it?

you don't think things through, do you?

ergo, why i don't "discuss' with you.
I can tell by the first sentence. If you want to go ahead and share all of the insightful data from that, go ahead.

You just keep on discussing so I don't care about that last line. Yap yap yap

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Lol I can't believe someone just actually wrote and hit send on that first sentence. I would do that, because unless the name is Pat Mahomes, you would be making a totally baseless argument, and you know it.

"There is enough to win a SB in Dallas but I can't name a QB who would have done better" is a preposterous way to think.
Dak is paid to be Mahomes. Stop making silly excuses.