OT: Breaking News on the gambling story...

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nors said:
Knowledage and association with principals in an illegal organized crime operation. His assistant coach, GM and Wife are all involved. It is inapropriate for an NHL coach/owner to be involved in this type of situation. Racketeering, money laundering, inter state illegal activity. Organized crime and illegal gambling activity is bad for the NHL who must act on this swiftly.

Gretyky already perjured himself Tuesday - wiretap evidence released after his statement. He personally may not have comitted a "crime". But his total innapropriate behaviour has jeopardized the credibility of the sport. He should have known better.

More to follow later today.
I guess it shouldn't surprise me that you know nothing about Due Process.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:

It doesn't suprise me you don't know anything about Integrity and honor.;)

Team Canada is starting to put pressure on Gretzky to step down until due process has run its course. Very standard for guy's that are in Gretzky's situation. Appears he's going to hunker down, lie and try and ride it out. Irregardless what it does to his country at Olymics or tarnishment inflicted on NHL. I thought he was a bigger man.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
Hostile said:

You should know better by now. Someone wants to hang Gretzky in the public square without any evidence yet idolizes a certain baseball gambler despite a mountain of evidence and a confession.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
These past few months have not been the best for Gretzky, what with hockey in the grips of lockout and McNall, Gretzky's mentor, guilty of four counts of bank fraud.

"I owe a lot to Bruce," :eek: Gretzky says. "I can promise you I won't be partners with anybody else. LIAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Hopefully going through the justice system will work out positive for him. I know I will always try to stick by him as best I can." REMOVE MCNALL INSERT TOCHETT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

During the lockout, Gretzky didn't mind the unusual opportunity to spend more time with his wife, Janet, and their children, Paulina, Ty and Trevor. He laughs at the suggestion that janet probably looked forward to a settlement between the players and o:eek: :eek: :eek: wners. "Have you been bugging my house," he says.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nors said:
It doesn't suprise me you don't know anything about Integrity and honor.;)

Team Canada is starting to put pressure on Gretzky to step down until due process has run its course. Very standard for guy's that are in Gretzky's situation. Appears he's going to hunker down, lie and try and ride it out. Irregardless what it does to his country at Olymics or tarnishment inflicted on NHL. I thought he was a bigger man.
You find integrity in convicting and punsihing a man who isn't being accused or tried?

That's honor?

Why am I not surprised?

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
StanleySpadowski said:
You should know better by now. Someone wants to hang Gretzky in the public square without any evidence yet idolizes a certain baseball gambler despite a mountain of evidence and a confession.

Pete Rose should be out of Baseball. Never questioned that for a second.

Pete Rose should be in the Hall of Fame. Gretzky will likely keep his Hall status as there are convicted gamblers already in, similar to Football with lenient rules on inclusion.

Gretzky's actions are detrimental and injuries to the integrity of the NHL.

Breaking news - yet another Assistant coach said he knew Tochett was a compulsive gambler. Said it was common knowledge and often watched games with him. How can Gretzky not be aware of this? The freakin GM was betting with Tochett. Heck, his wife was betting $500K a month through Tochett? AND HE WAS CLUELESS?

Organized crime and Ricoh acts were created to get at criminals who attempt to shield themselves from illegal activities. We are talking racketeering, inter state crime, money laundering. Suprised the Feds are not in this yet.

Poor Wayne - wrong guy wrong place.
He needs to be a man, admit his sins here and divest ownership in Arizona franchise. Hockey shouldn't be there anyway.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
StanleySpadowski said:
I should know better, you're right.

It just galls me that people think newspaper articles are evidence of guilt. All reports are that in his call to Tochet that was wiretapped that he wanted to know if there was any way to not implicate his wife. In other words, he was trying to protect his bride.

Yeah, that "mountain" (<<<extreme sarcasm) of circumstantial evidence and his desire to protect his wife make him a beast who needs to be publicly flayed.

:rolleyes:

Sorry Stanley, don't mean to rant at you.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nors said:
Pete Rose should be out of Baseball. Never questioned that for a second.

Pete Rose should be in the Hall of Fame. Gretzky will likely keep his Hall status as there are convicted gamblers already in, similar to Football with lenient rules on inclusion.

Gretzky's actions are detrimental and injuries to the integrity of the NHL.

Breaking news - yet another Assistant coach said he knew Tochett was a compulsive gambler. Said it was common knowledge and often watched games with him. How can Gretzky not be aware of this? The freakin GM was betting with Tochett. Heck, his wife was betting $500K a month through Tochett? AND HE WAS CLUELESS?

Organized crime and Ricoh acts were created to get at criminals who attempt to shield themselves from illegal activities. We are talking racketeering, inter state crime, money laundering. Suprised the Feds are not in this yet.

Poor Wayne - wrong guy wrong place.
He needs to be a man, admit his sins here and divest ownership in Arizona franchise. Hockey shouldn't be there anyway.
Now it's $500k per month instead of total.

You watch, by the time The Big Wind is done she'll have taken over Heidi Fleis status as the Hollywood madam of the stars.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
You find integrity in convicting and punsihing a man who isn't being accused or tried?

That's honor?

Why am I not surprised?

His coaching staff, Senior mgmt, wife are clearly involved in illegal activities tied to organized crime.

It would be in Team Canada's best interest at Olympics, his Team/organizations best interest if he took a leave of absence until his name is vindicated. Thats very doubtfull on what's out there already.

Time will tell how he proceeds.

Your fall back to attacks/put downs are BS. You can't discuss anything without it. And what disapeared yesterday was reprehensible and archived - don't for a second think that was missed.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Nors, your full of crap. Gretzky did not purger himself because he has not been asked to testify to anything. No evidence has been found that he gambled. No time frames on what he new and when he new it have been presented. In the NHL, you can bet on any games except Hocky itself.

The prudent thing to do here is let more info come out. The stupid thing to do is tear the house down board by board to try and prevent the fire from burning it down.

Which path do you think your sprinting twords?

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Now it's $500k per month instead of total.

You watch, by the time The Big Wind is done she'll have taken over Heidi Fleis status as the Hollywood madam of the stars.

Details are not big for you and BZ. The WE brothers!

She bet $500K in a 4 week period - thats a fact. This ring also per New Jersey arrest warrant against Tochet goes back to 2001. This is not a new criminal activity.

Source - any newspaper past 3 days

Elliot Mintz, a spokesman for Jones, said in a statement that she may be called as a witness before a grand jury in New Jersey.

"Janet is merely one of a number of witnesses and there is no allegation whatsoever that Janet has violated any law," he said.

Investigators are looking into whether anyone involved in the 5-year-old ring, which authorities say had a connection to organized crime in Philadelphia and southern New Jersey, bet on NHL games. Gretzky is not the main focus of the probe, the person said.

The Star-Ledger of Newark, citing unidentified law enforcement sources, first reported of a wiretap involving Gretzky in Thursday's newspapers. The newspaper also reported that Jones bet $500,000 during the investigation, including $75,000 on the Super Bowl.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
Nors, your full of crap. Gretzky did not purger himself because he has not been asked to testify to anything. No evidence has been found that he gambled. No time frames on what he new and when he new it have been presented. In the NHL, you can bet on any games except Hocky itself.

The prudent thing to do here is let more info come out. The stupid thing to do is tear the house down board by board to try and prevent the fire from burning it down.

Which path do you think your sprinting twords?

The House burned down
They caught his wife, best friend/assistant coach, GM HOLDING THE MATCHES!!!!!!!

Its best if he stayed away from this as I recomend. Apparantly wiretap CLEARLY caught him trying to cover it up. He may not have perjured but he lied. Tuesday he claims he knows nothing on gambling ring and then wiretaps are out there showing he was LYING!

Step down Wayne before you make it worse!:D

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nors said:
His coaching staff, Senior mgmt, wife are clearly involved in illegal activities tied to organized crime.
When was the trial? Oh wait, that would be DUE PROCESS os law. We've already established that you don't understand that concept.

It would be in Team Canada's best interest at Olympics, his Team/organizations best interest if he took a leave of absence until his name is vindicated. Thats very doubtfull on what's out there already.
Newspaper articles are not court documents. Vindicate his name? He hasn't been charged.

Time will tell how he proceeds.
Based on your rantings I assumed it was up to you how he proceeds.

Your fall back to attacks/put downs are BS. You can't discuss anything without it. And what disapeared yesterday was reprehensible and archived - don't for a second think that was missed.
I attacked you?

Yeah right. Grow up.

Don't think for a second that the innuendos were missed either. Thin ice.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nors said:
Details are not big for you and BZ. The WE brothers!

She bet $500K in a 4 week period - thats a fact. This ring also per New Jersey arrest warrant against Tochet goes back to 2001. This is not a new criminal activity.

Source - any newspaper past 3 days

Elliot Mintz, a spokesman for Jones, said in a statement that she may be called as a witness before a grand jury in New Jersey.

"Janet is merely one of a number of witnesses and there is no allegation whatsoever that Janet has violated any law," he said.

Investigators are looking into whether anyone involved in the 5-year-old ring, which authorities say had a connection to organized crime in Philadelphia and southern New Jersey, bet on NHL games. Gretzky is not the main focus of the probe, the person said.

The Star-Ledger of Newark, citing unidentified law enforcement sources, first reported of a wiretap involving Gretzky in Thursday's newspapers. The newspaper also reported that Jones bet $500,000 during the investigation, including $75,000 on the Super Bowl.
Where's the $500,000 per month?

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Thin Ice - Yes Gretzky is on.

Back to topic - Will be interesting to see how fast Gretzky will be asked to step down as this transpires!!!!!!!

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Authorities say from Dec. 29 through Feb. 5 - the day of the Super Bowl - bettors placed a total of $1.7 million in wagers with the ring run by a New Jersey state trooper, Tocchet and a South Jersey man. All face charges of promoting gambling, money laundering and conspiracy and are scheduled to be arraigned in Superior Court in Mount Holly on Feb. 21, the state Attorney General's office said Thursday.

"Janet is merely one of a number of witnesses, and there is no allegation whatsoever that Janet has violated any law," he said.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Nors said:
The House burned down
They caught his wife, best friend/assistant coach, GM HOLDING THE MATCHES!!!!!!!

Its best if he stayed away from this as I recomend. Apparantly wiretap CLEARLY caught him trying to cover it up. He may not have perjured but he lied. Tuesday he claims he knows nothing on gambling ring and then wiretaps are out there showing he was LYING!

Step down Wayne before you make it worse!:D

Your right, that's why he's in jail right now, correct? Get real. At this point, there is nothing to link him to anything.

You have no clue what is on tape. According to ESPN, there was a discussion between he and Tochett discussing how he could keep his wife out of this mess. That would clearly indicate to me that the discussion took place after they were informed of the investigations findings. How does that constitute knowledge of the gambling ring? To me, that's a husband trying to get his wife out of trouble. What husband, worth a crap wouldn't do that? Wouldn't you try to do the same for your wife if you could?

At this point, no substance other then shock value for the tabloids and of course you.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Nors said:
Authorities say from Dec. 29 through Feb. 5 - the day of the Super Bowl - bettors placed a total of $1.7 million in wagers with the ring run by a New Jersey state trooper, Tocchet and a South Jersey man. All face charges of promoting gambling, money laundering and conspiracy and are scheduled to be arraigned in Superior Court in Mount Holly on Feb. 21, the state Attorney General's office said Thursday.

"Janet is merely one of a number of witnesses, and there is no allegation whatsoever that Janet has violated any law," he said.

OK, this article says that the ring has been in existance for at least 5 years. Does that mean that the investigation has been going on for 5 years?

The article also states that Jones has bet a total of 500K with this ring. So, does that mean 100K a year? There is nothing in this article to substantiate 100K per month. That is a fabrication without more proof.

To many questions and too many would-be scoop reporters running around throwing out BS.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wow Nors, you're like a dog with a bone on this one. Haven't seen you like this since the original "Ty Law to Dallas" days.

What's your beef w/waiting until everything comes out? Yes alot of info has come out, but that's for the public more than the actual legal entities involved.