Signed by Cowboys OT Ty Nsekhe Signed by Cowboys

revospeed

Reaction score
His grandfather played middle linebacker for the Packers in the 50s and 60s. Wore #66. Good genes at least.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I know we all want bigger names right now and so do I, but I was praying we signed Nsekhe as a swing. Dude was lights out in his snaps last year and had always been a super reliable swing (many think he should start).

I know he’s a bit up there in age but this is one of the best swing T’s in the league hands down. Great insurance for Tyron.

0 sacks and 5 hurries in 195 snaps in 2020. Dude is rock solid.

This! He's an excellent signing by our FO. Not a huge name, but he provides quality depth at a position we need depth at.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
ya'll do remember we had 3 OTs out last season, right?

Yeah. I'm not saying I'm against the signing. We need to be as strong at backup tackle as we can be with Smith's injury issues and not knowing exactly what to expect on Collins on the injury front. ... And I don't want to use an early draft pick on the position if we can help it. Obviously, if that's clearly the best value, then that's fine, but otherwise, we have too many other needs that could be in that same value range.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The point..................... went right over your head.

As always.

Just a miserable human being that trolls threads finding some thing and some one to start a fight about.

Truly a sad life.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Yep. And for the past two years I've been impressed with Brandon Knight. Like I said above, these guys started for the Cowboys down the stretch....now with a training camp I'm suppose to believe Brandon Knight isn't good as a 35 year old journeyman?
PFF grades last year
Nsekhe 80.3
Knight 48.5
Steele 50.3

I mean... this wasn't really close.
In fairness in his career he has been closer to mid 60s mostly but Knight and Steele are a long ways from mid 60s.
Solid stop gap signing.

Hardline

Reaction score
I know we all want bigger names right now and so do I, but I was praying we signed Nsekhe as a swing. Dude was lights out in his snaps last year and had always been a super reliable swing (many think he should start).

I know he’s a bit up there in age but this is one of the best swing T’s in the league hands down. Great insurance for Tyron.

Appreciate that info.

jrumann59

Reaction score
As far as I am concerned you bring a guy like this in, if Knight and/or Steele or rookie show promise that they will be equal to or better than this guy great cut the guy you are out SB. I would much rather go that route than assume Knight/Steele/Rookie develop and realize then need to go sign a guy like this during camp or OTAs.

USArmyVet

Reaction score

Dude is as old as rocks too at 35 years old.

loublue22

Reaction score
UnlawfulHeartyChanticleer-size_restricted.gif
Just save this for every new signing

Winonesoon

Reaction score
Dang ,they went to the bottom of the dumpster for this one. I just face palmed a little. Has to be a camp body.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Exactly the way I put it. He may be a fine player but I don't understand it. Or the timing. This should've been your last signing going into the regular season.
This is exactly the same signing as Cam Erving.

Nsekhe can start.