Signed by Cowboys OT Ty Nsekhe Signed by Cowboys

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
PFF grades last year
Nsekhe 80.3
Knight 48.5
Steele 50.3

I mean... this wasn't really close.
In fairness in his career he has been closer to mid 60s mostly but Knight and Steele are a long ways from mid 60s.
Solid stop gap signing.
How many snaps did Knight and Steel have compared to Nsekhe?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That doesn't matter if there's no term.
It does matter. Father Time can hit your *** quicker then you can say "NO!" when you're a 35 year old NFL player. Not to say he doesn't have a year in him. He could. But he also could not have anything left. Wouldn't be the first or last guy.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I wonder what Knight's grade was the previous year, when he didn't have to play LT? Not saying that's a reason to not sign Nsekhe. Both of our backup tackles are right tackles, with Knight being the better one at this point IMO. In fact, I'm not sure Knight wouldn't be better served at guard.

I thought we'd bring back Erving, but he clearly got a better offer than we would have made. Nsekhe appears to be a good replacement, possibly even an upgrade.
Just checked and 61.
But last year he was the 2nd worst OT they graded.
To my naked eye I thought he was OK last year most games but that may be because he is passable in pass protection but flat awful in run blocking.
He was the worst rated run blocker at OT last year.

Knight or Steele may surpass what Ty has ever been but I am def not down on his signing and think you wanted a vet OT in here of some sort that could at least be a swing OT if need be.
We have to be better on the OL than last year. Protect the QB and buy time for all those weapons.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You still aren't getting the point. But again, as I am sure many here can attest, it's not surprising that you aren't getting it.
And you didn’t answer my question but the point is moot. You’ve made your bed.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
A very favorable comparison for sure.

I'm curious, do they have Cam Erving's 2020 numbers for comparison?
last year he was a 58.
and he was a 49 on 2019 lol.
sheesh looks like high 40s most of his recent career.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
He'll probably be cut before training camp is over

yep, as usual, based on his age, i doubt he makes it through camp and PS without getting dinged. And then he'll be cut. No matter what they paid for him, it was a waste. But sadly these are the kind of guys they are looking for. Same old same old.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
lol he turned 35 in October.
Born: October 27, 1985 (age 35 years)

He's older but likely not all that beaten up. He's basically been a swing OT his entire career.

austin88

Reaction score
So far, the objections to this signing appear to be that:

(1) He's old! (True, but he's being signed as short-term fill-in in case of injury, not a long-term starter)
(2) I've never heard of him! (which is a statement about the poster, not the player)
(3) We need defense! (Also true, but you still need some pieces on offense, and Knight & Steele really struggled last year)

eromeopolk

Reaction score

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Anyone hoping Knight or Steele are the answer in 2021 at Swing tackle is a big yikes from me.
Maybe in the year 2024.
I'd be fine with finding a nice r3 or r4 OT and then cutting Nsekhe.
But given the choice of lining up Knight/Steele/Nsekhe at LT next year it is not even close.
That's a pappy like dak hate position.