Other than Parsons, our defense sucks and Dak rocks

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Reality isnt an excuse. The throw was made on 3rd down. The WR got 2 hands on it and it wasnt a catch. That is on the WR. I have had the same standards for WR for over a decade now: if you get 2 hands on the ball you should catch it. You do not get an excuse when your job is to catch the ball and you cant do it when you get 2 hands on it.

Are you talking about the wide open endzone Gallup situation or the Brown 3rd down OT throw? Both were on Dak.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Reality isnt an excuse. The throw was made on 3rd down. The WR got 2 hands on it and it wasnt a catch. That is on the WR. I have had the same standards for WR for over a decade now: if you get 2 hands on the ball you should catch it. You do not get an excuse when your job is to catch the ball and you cant do it when you get 2 hands on it.
You are picking out one play? A couple?

Then do the same for dak. Have the same "standards". Dak had as many terrible plays as his wrs. Why don't you want to talk about it?
Making excuses for him instead. Don't practice about your "standards " when you don't apply them across the board.

Nav22

Reaction score
Dak didn’t play well enough. Too many 3-and-outs and the missed throw in OT was killer.

The defense and special teams also didn’t play well enough.

And when I say “well enough”, I mean “well enough to beat the Raiders plus overcome the piece of **** refs who were determined to royally screw us all game.”

Make no mistake, people: this SHOULD be a 9-2 football team. Two of our 4 losses were thanks to the officials completely jobbing us. Par for the course with this team.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Cherry picking stats. Refuses to mention how many wide open receivers missed. Don't blame ya.
I'm going to tell you the same thing others who keep regurgitating this silly *** comment....Quarterbacks miss open receivers. I've never seen a Quarterback with a 100% completion rate have you? Go look up what "cherry picking". I'm stating facts. Dak wasn't sharp yesterday but at the end of the day he surely isn't the one who gave up 33 points. Y'all remember when Romo use to go out there and lose 30-33? Y'all would give him the benefit of the doubt because of how poor his defense was? Yeah....strange times.....

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dak didn’t play well enough. Too many 3-and-outs and the missed throw in OT was killer.

The defense and special teams also didn’t play well enough.

And when I say “well enough”, I mean “well enough to beat the Raiders plus overcome the piece of **** refs who were determined to royally screw us all game.”

Make no mistake, people: this SHOULD be a 9-2 football team. Two of our 4 losses were thanks to the officials completely jobbing us. Par for the course with this team.
Ehhh I feel like these games are just writing some wrongs we had in the past. We had no business beating the Vikings with Cooper Rush at quarterback...probably can argue we should've lost the Chargers and Pats game too.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Alternatively, he failed in OT, when the game was there to be WON, the 3rd down pass to a wide open Brown was pretty below average (at best).

He's the epitome of inconsistency.....hence the number of threads.

I suppose it all depends on whether you judge success on stats or wins.
I judge by what I saw with my eyes. I saw him go out there with 2nd and 3rd string players and a poor run game and saw him have a solid game. We wouldn't have even have to go to OT if the kicker wasn't missing kicks or if the defense didn't give up 33 points. You're focusing on the wrong thing. This is what y'all asked of Dak. To go out there and play well when guys are out. Alright he did what about the rest of the team?

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
Oh so he didn’t throw a very important 3rd down pass in OT that was an easy first downs at Brown’s ankle?
Let’s be real , there is a very good chance he puts it on Brown’s chest and Brown drops it. Brown unfortunately has a fatal flaw in his game, the flaw is he sucks .

Rayman70

Reaction score
agree. The d was a mess. Blown coverages galore. Diggs had another awful game btw. Kazee was trash. Kearse was good.

Nav22

Reaction score
Ehhh I feel like these games are just writing some wrongs we had in the past. We had no business beating the Vikings with Cooper Rush at quarterback...probably can argue we should've lost the Chargers and Pats game too.
We earned those wins. They weren’t handed to us by the piece of **** refs.

It never works that way for the Cowboys, only the opposite.

Funny you bring up the Pats game... the refs did everything in their power to screw us that day too. That’s why we needed OT to win and that’s why Dak hurt his calf.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
so does losing 3 out of the last 4 gams. All which DAK has played terrible in, Denver, KC and Raiders.....no excuses for DAK performance he is a 40Mil QB
He played terrible in the Chiefs and KC games for sure and that's on him for sure. I'm not putting yesterday's game on him.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
We earned those wins. They weren’t handed to us by the piece of **** refs.

Funny you bring up the Pats game... the refs did everything in their power to screw us that day too. That’s why we needed OT to win and that’s why Dak hurt his calf.
Nah they definitely weren't handed those games by refs. Just saying those are arguably games we should've won. I've come to grips that the refs aren't going to change in our games. The team doesn't seem to care enough to complain....well the players do but Jerry seems content.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So Dak was just totally awesome the entire game from start to finish and it was everyone else around him who sucked?

Wow.......
Oh boy....so I made a very simple post....only a couple of words long....yet, you twisted that into me saying that "Dak was just totally awesome"....which never came out of my mouth lol. What else do you want to twist to try and prove a point? What else you got Stretch Armstrong?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
and that 85 guy has more drops on 3rd downs, not perfect passes but an NFL receiver is expected to catch those
EXACTLY. if I felt Dak for anything its him probably going there other than the other receivers but at the same time I expect a NFL receiver to make that catch.

Nav22

Reaction score
Nah they definitely weren't handed those games by refs. Just saying those are arguably games we should've won. I've come to grips that the refs aren't going to change in our games. The team doesn't seem to care enough to complain....well the players do but Jerry seems content.
Complaining doesn’t do anything but make it worse.

Jerry was at war with Goodell over the Zeke suspension in 2017.

That’s when we got hosed with 0 holding calls in our favor over the course of 8 weeks while our opponents got EIGHTEEN of them in their favor.

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak-stans believe no other team is working with injuries. Hell, they didn’t even afford their own guy Andy Dalton last year with that excuse, though he beat the Vikings, something Dak couldn’t do. Dak also choked away the last drive against the Vikings in that 2019 season, throwing balls at the feet of Zeke. Andy Dalton on the other hand did not..

Last edited:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dak-stans believe no other team is working with injuries. Hell, they didn’t even afford their own guy Andy Dalton last year with that excuse, though he beat the Vikings, something Dak couldn’t do. Dak also choked away the last drive in that 2019 season, throwing balls at the feet of Zeke.
"Dak stats a har a har har....." man you offer absolutely nothing other then silly *** takes...you keep bring up Andy Dalton....even Dak's worst critique knows he was a bum just silly man lol.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Complaining doesn’t do anything but make it worse.

Jerry was at war with Goodell over the Zeke suspension in 2017.

That’s when we got hosed with 0 holding calls in our favor over the course of 8 weeks while our opponents got EIGHTEEN of them in their favor.
You can't get any worse than yesterday. What on earth could Goodell do? Stop us from winning a ring?