Our future is not bright

cowboyec

Reaction score
i think it is.
we have a good young QB who gets better every year.
we have 2 udfa OTs that show alotta fight and potential.
Cooper,Gallup,Lamb,Wilson and Noah Brown aren't going anywhere anytime soon.
Schultz is playin' like the kid i watched at stanford.
Trevon Diggs is gonna be a star.
DLaw is still excellent vs the run....but he needs to start getting to the QB.
i think Bradlee Anae and Neville Gallimore will prove to be good tho i cant prove it because we had no pre-season.
our head coach has shown an ability to make in game adjustments and is willing to try anything to get production...even if it means starting udfa's or moving an all-pro guard to tackle.
this offense under him is light years ahead of where its been the last decade.
defensively....the shortened off-season did them no favors in terms of learning their players and the players learning the scheme.
i believe under McCarthy we'll get some draft attention to 2 neglected areas...DT and S.
im excited about the potential of LB Francis Bernard and CB/S Reggie Robinson.
but the production McCarthy has gotten out of TE Dalton Schultz and the way this offense still manages to function without Smith and Collins gives me hope that our future is very bright.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Too many bad contracts and a defense that is going to take 5 years to build out. The signing Dak thing to me is completely moot, we need more than an elite QB to get out of this mess. Maybe ,very small chance if we were to draft Trevor Lawrence and make deep drafts and smart defense FA acquisitions you could build out of this in 3-5 years. Coaching of course would have to be on point. All of this hinges of Jerry or if he is dead, Stephen but I have virtually no hope.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Dak has to be held to a higher standard because he wants higher standard money.

His money that he wants screws us.. Thats the problem.

We are 1-3 with him. He's not that kind of QB to overcome.

He starts slow and pads stats after things have gotten optimal.

Not to mention.. Jaylon Smith is screwing us.

La'el Collins is screwing us.

Amari Cooper is soft and won't finish routes..

Demarcus Lawrence is a fraud.

Tyron Smith is out every other week.

Zeke is not worth 15 mill a year to our team. We would be 1-3 without him.
But we could argue paying Cooper and Zeke screwed us too.

Most of these Elite QB don’t get that luxury. You must have a QB, and I’m not a Dak homer, but you can get by with lesser WR and RB. We see it all over the league.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
We wasted the great OL/young Zeke/cheap Dak window. A lot of us have been saying this for the last few years. You could see it coming from a mile away..

It's bad.. I know the homers will come in and tell us everything is fine but we are at the cusp of a horrible few years and the only way out of it that I see is starting over at QB.

WE pay Dak and that locks us into this crap for the foreseeable future.

blueblood70

Reaction score
We have spent so much money on runningbacks and WR's and now our foundation is falling apart and the Dak bill is due.

I just don't see how we are going to overcome Dak's contract and somehow quickly improve this team. It's going to take years.

Jaylon Smith? Terrible contract

Lawrence? Terrible contract

LVE? Not reliable

Once Dak is signed the only way to improve this team is with rookies and we've been basically doing that since he has got here and we have nothing to show for it.

I wish Dallas wasn't so in love with their QB. I wish they would look to the draft and save themselves from locking us down into mediocrity.

We've lost almost all hope for doing anything this season and the Cowboys only redeeming quality is that our division is so bad.

McCarthy looks like the fraud I said he was. I still have hope but I hated this hire.

It's just bad and we desperately need to add a transcendent player or coach to this staff to even give us a chance to overcome all of this.

Dak, like Romo, just can't overcome all of our problems and paying them all that money just makes them insanely rich and the Cowboys insanely average.

Someone please give me a shred of optimism for this teams future....
no thats just an emotional thought process, the KC chiefs have a cap hit at least equal if not more invested IN their offense and still signed enough FAs and sprinkle in draft picks to have solid defense..

we have whatever future that comes to be but stating that as if you know that for sure , well thats just a feeling a gut guess job..other teams find ways to adjust to cap space..

judging MM and this staff and how the future drafts and FA acquisitions are going to be is just an opinion, not fact..no one knows the future..

I choose to say hey lets wait give this staff a few years before we call them frauds..sad a staff gets 4 games now and are out to fans.. lmao Garett finally goes and now 4 games in still not happy, thats personal issue with expectations and pessimistic views..

a lot of Fan frauds is what we have...

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
WE pay Dak and that locks us into this crap for the foreseeable future.
You're not going out on a thin branch here, man. People said the same thing about paying Romo, Dez and Zeke.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Drafting a WR in 1st round we should have let Cooper walk freeing up 20 million in cap space for defense. Then we sign at least Jones and Collins.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
They keep tanking and the QB issue will take care of itself.

True. I’m sure people will rail and whine about how Dak was our savior and the moment his replacement puts up big numbers and wins they will forget Dak.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Too many bad contracts and a defense that is going to take 5 years to build out. The signing Dak thing to me is completely moot, we need more than an elite QB to get out of this mess. Maybe ,very small chance if we were to draft Trevor Lawrence and make deep drafts and smart defense FA acquisitions you could build out of this in 3-5 years. Coaching of course would have to be on point. All of this hinges of Jerry or if he is dead, Stephen but I have virtually no hope.
A big part of the problem is that they seem to refuse to sign FA players from other teams because they arent bargains.

Everyone they sign is a third contract and their best days are behind them.

They choose to give second contracts to their own, and since they like to tell themselves they draft better than they actually do, you end up with....well... what you're looking at right now.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
i think it is.
we have a good young QB who gets better every year.
we have 2 udfa OTs that show alotta fight and potential.
Cooper,Gallup,Lamb,Wilson and Noah Brown aren't going anywhere anytime soon.
Schultz is playin' like the kid i watched at stanford.
Trevon Diggs is gonna be a star.
DLaw is still excellent vs the run....but he needs to start getting to the QB.
i think Bradlee Anae and Neville Gallimore will prove to be good tho i cant prove it because we had no pre-season.
our head coach has shown an ability to make in game adjustments and is willing to try anything to get production...even if it means starting udfa's or moving an all-pro guard to tackle.
this offense under him is light years ahead of where its been the last decade.
defensively....the shortened off-season did them no favors in terms of learning their players and the players learning the scheme.
i believe under McCarthy we'll get some draft attention to 2 neglected areas...DT and S.
im excited about the potential of LB Francis Bernard and CB/S Reggie Robinson.
but the production McCarthy has gotten out of TE Dalton Schultz and the way this offense still manages to function without Smith and Collins gives me hope that our future is very bright.

Have you looked at the contract dates for the Cowboys? 26 players contracts expire this year, including Lewis, Woods, Brown, Looney, and on and on. Most of the supporting cast could be resigned, maybe, but if the Cowboys fall apart this year, how many of them will want to stay?

The future is as bright as a foggy night with a new moon...

chicago JK

Reaction score
Prior to last years draft, it was really glaring how few players we had on rookie deals who are good starters or guys you want to sign for a second contract. Gallup was one and the other was LVE, who can't stay healthy. I didn't think the issue could be fixed in a year. It looks like we had a good draft last year, maybe very good. Time will tell. This team went from a young team with promise, 4 or so years ago, to one that is paying a lot of big dollars to guys who don't produce to their contracts with very little young talent.

It is not just going to take good draft classes. This front office needs to find smart veterans who fill gaps and are just solid. This teams whiffs way too often here. Also, they need to give an honest look at their roster. Too many years they do not address clear weaknesses at position groups. Not every position group can get a first round pick or a high priced FA, but teams fill holes year after year. Every team has weaknesses and injuries can makes weaknesses worse, but Dallas has really done a poor job with this year after year.

DFWJC

Reaction score
What you dont seem to understand. Still. Which is amazing in itself. Is that this front office does not freaking care about the defense. At all. They didnt put a good defense around Dak when he was making 420k. You can blame Dak all you want about wanting the money he is OWED. But you cant say if we dont pay him we are going to build a defense. We wont.
Didn't sound like he was blaming Dak, but instead, the front office for contracts preceding Daks.
Those before him make his the final tipping point of no return.
At least that's how I read it.