Our OC and QB apparently aren’t talking during the game

glimmerman

Reaction score
Nope, he probably moves to a retirement home somewhere in Michigan or Montana.
They got him off the field next is out of the stadium. He is the scapegoat this year. JG is safe. Looks like a Kiffen thing. Remember he was in the booth for a while and then left it to Marinelli and took the next thing smoking out.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Is this common around the league? Do QB coaches decipher information for the QB from the OC and the QB and OC never talk on the sideline/head phones?

Linehan is in the booth.

Dak would have to phone up to Linehan

Dak is speaking to Kellen and Kellen is just relaying what Dak is saying.

Kellen is also a master of Linehans system so he can answer all of Daks questions.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Exactly.

Folks, the cowboys don’t need to and shouldn’t have to reinvent the game of football for the sake of our 4th round qb. He should just play better. He has a dream situation for a qb with Everybody stacking the line, and one on one outside. So throw touchdowns, or go away
I would love to see what happened if Rush played that game. Not that he is any better but he would be calmer and more decisive in the pocket. Dak is afraid to throw.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Exactly.

Folks, the cowboys don’t need to and shouldn’t have to reinvent the game of football for the sake of our 4th round qb. He should just play better. He has a dream situation for a qb with Everybody stacking the line, and one on one outside. So throw touchdowns, or go away

Dak knows that too. He said he didn't play well and execution was terrible. I did not hear 1 excuse out of his mouth but I see confidence and that he is willing to embrace going all out there because he has something to play for.

I think he'll lay it out a lot more this game.

Sydla

Reaction score
Linehan is in the booth.

Dak would have to phone up to Linehan

Dak is speaking to Kellen and Kellen is just relaying what Dak is saying.

Kellen is also a master of Linehans system so he can answer all of Daks questions.

You didn't answer my question.

Is this common for the QB and OC to never talk via the phone and for the QB coach to always be the in between during a game?

I honestly have no idea.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score

tm1119

Reaction score
Linehan moved to the upstairs booth to better call plays. He actually did a better job up there but it does mean the QB coach will have to be the go between for communication as far as getting Daks input. Not sure how much talking they did before during the game anyway as the qb coach is usually the guy reviewing stuff with Dak anyway.

There are other OC’s in the league that sit in the booth...and you regularly see the qb going to the phone and talking to the OC

glimmerman

Reaction score
I'm tired of hearing it's all his fault every thread.
He is having issues. I think he improves this week. He wasn’t seeing the field. I get it. People watch film and see WR getting open and everyone thinks because Daks helmet is facing that way that Dak is looking at them. Not true he could be looking someone off. I think he may see them but is afraid the window will close. That’s a issue for a QB if you hold it that long then the window does close. He has to put that ball where the receiver is going to be. Another issue is he don’t like throwing outside the hash marks. Don’t want someone breaking on the pass. It limits his throwing zone. This week he just has to go for it.

Bluestang

Reaction score
This is dysfunctional. This season is done. Get the whole offense out of here and rebuild.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Linehan called the plays very well. We were backed up, playing from behind and in our 20 for a large portion of the game.

The offense from the o-line to Dak did not execute well at all on a slippery road game.

You guys are not getting it. Guys were open. Timing was off and there were no connections.

This offense looked like they never play together and they pretty much didn't other than camp.

Wait for Sunday.
Its almost like they didnt play a single snap together in preseason. Which boggles my mind. You have a bunch of new bodies out there and the QB is sitting to protect him. Zeke is sitting to protect him. This is FOOTBALL. Injuries happen. I would rather go into the first game as a cohesive unit, as opposed to what we trotted out there last Sunday.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Its almost like they didnt play a single snap together in preseason. Which boggles my mind. You have a bunch of new bodies out there and the QB is sitting to protect him. Zeke is sitting to protect him. This is FOOTBALL. Injuries happen. I would rather go into the first game as a cohesive unit, as opposed to what we trotted out there last Sunday.
They didn’t play many bro. What do you think? Maybe a few series. He had that deep pass to Gallop. Next thing ya know we ha e a injury and the dress rehearsal was canceled. That’s the game they get a whole half together to get rolling. We had nothing in the first half of that panthers game. Not much better in the second half because Linehan abandon the run. 15 attempts my Elliot, whom by the way had exactly 0 runs in preseason. Dumb move by JJ. This week should be better.

phildadon86

Reaction score
They didn’t play many bro. What do you think? Maybe a few series. He had that deep pass to Gallop. Next thing ya know we ha e a injury and the dress rehearsal was canceled. That’s the game they get a whole half together to get rolling. We had nothing in the first half of that panthers game. Not much better in the second half because Linehan abandon the run. 15 attempts my Elliot, whom by the way had exactly 0 runs in preseason. Dumb move by JJ. This week should be better.
Yeah, well it has to be because if we start out 0-2 because we played it safe our season could be over before it even starts.