Our OC and QB apparently aren’t talking during the game

cowboyec

Reaction score
it doesnt sound like anything nefarious to me...if there were a problem between them...we'd have heard about it by now.

just BEAT ny.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
You didn't answer my question.

Is this common for the QB and OC to never talk via the phone and for the QB coach to always be the in between during a game?

I honestly have no idea.

Each team is different. Take Houston For example, I live in Houston and heard Bill O speak about last year. They do not have an OC, Bill O does the Offense. Sean Ryan is his QB coach. During the week, Bill works with the QB on the game plan, strategies, etc. Ryan works on Film breakdown and goes over what went wrong and or right the previous week. During the game, Ryan works with the QB on what he sees, what the D is doing and goes over all the pictures you see them go over with the QB. Bill O and Ryan are in close contact on game day but you rarely see direct communication between Bill and the QB.

Other teams, especially those where the OC is in the booth, use the QB coach much the same way. IF the OC or the QB need to speak to each other they definitely can but most of the communications are between the OC and the QB coach during the game.

CPanther95

Reaction score
I realized how old I'm getting when I saw Moore on the sidelines. I thought he was a high school kid with a parent on staff .

jsb357

Reaction score
So the wit and wisdom of the QB guru KM is the plan to get Dak's on field performance to the next level?

unsound.jpg

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is insane. No OC has ever called plays from the booth.

I want the entire staff on the sidelines. Ideally, screaming at people all game.

Norv Turner called plays from the booth against the Cowboys Sunday. Kyle Shanahan called plays from the booth when he ran Atlanta's #1 offense in 2016. It's actually not uncommon. Some feel it helps to get the kind of complete view of of the field that comes from watching overhead, and some prefer being able to interact directly with the offense on the sideline.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Yeah, well it has to be because if we start out 0-2 because we played it safe our season could be over before it even starts.
Exactly right. This is either a big confidence boost or the beginning of the end for some staff. JJ won’t put up with it to much longer.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Exactly.

Folks, the cowboys don’t need to and shouldn’t have to reinvent the game of football for the sake of our 4th round qb. He should just play better. He has a dream situation for a qb with Everybody stacking the line, and one on one outside. So throw touchdowns, or go away
And I thought @PAPPYDOG was bad? You make him look like a saint. Sheesh.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Garretts genius is to put kellen moore as qb coach.& he will easily fix Dak's issues at QB.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Dak isn't a moron, he's just not a good QB.
It’s not that he is bad. He just has little confidence now. No one can help him with that. He was such a gamer. When the lights came on he balled out. He starts getting knocked around and he is afraid of throwing a pick. QB throws picks in the NFL. I would rather see him throw a some TDs and get some confidence and throw the occasional int then run around with the ball and look for the sure thing.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Looks like we know who Jerry will hire for OC before he hires a HC for next season.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Now we know what Kellen Moore does.

He's the gopher between the two.
The puppet you mean.

I am assuming Moore is the QB coach becuz Garrett sees himself in Moore.

Career backup who coaches after a mediocre career.

Goodness..

we have a Garrett Clone in Moore.

Is that remotely good?

How much is Moore a factor?